PDA

View Full Version : help make me my list

amo
18-05-2007, 11:06 AM
ok next year im going big wana put the 14lb pulley on so should be about 650bhp lol lol will go to japland or usa to pick the parts up so save carrage
need a hand to make my list as what i need pls copy and paste
thx for your help

1/ pistons
2/ reboar head
3/ steel head gasket
4/

AR
18-05-2007, 11:17 AM
1/ pistons
2/ reboar head
3/ steel head gasket

4/ Get a garage to store it

Sorry could not resist!

You will need billet con rods and pins

Probably a new clutch too.

Best person to ask is Armando from NSXPrime as he had a similar set up. NO BBSC in Japan, so is all down to US except for the parts.

Cheers,

AR

DTA-Motorsport
18-05-2007, 11:22 AM
ok next year im going big wana put the 14lb pulley on so should be about 650bhp lol lol will go to japland or usa to pick the parts up so save carrage
thx for your help

1/ pistons
2/ reboar head
3/ steel head gasket
4/

You really should start by deciding what your budget is and fill in the blanks accordingly. The amount of times I've had (potential) customers on the phone stating they want their car to put out 500+ BHP (at the wheels) only to then tell me they only have £5k to spend on the project ...

Kevin
18-05-2007, 01:05 PM
You don't rebore (reboar) heads.

You will bore out the cylinders, and sleeve them with new steel liners.

You will also want new forged pistons with a lower compression ratio.

You will want new conrods attached to them.

You will want steel head gaskets.

You will want a decent oil cooler.

You will want bigger brakes, more power without being able to stop will be a waste of time.

You will want a bigger water radiator.

New clutch, maybe a few of them.

You will want AA membership.

thx for your help

1/ pistons
2/ reboar head
3/ steel head gasket
4/

reg
18-05-2007, 01:36 PM
You will want AA membership.
:laugh:

650 HP, seems like a very big number to me? As Kevin has said the rods will make dash for freedom below 500 and you have to ask yourself the question that pushing that extreme envelope what else is going to eat itself?

When you read things like..

I have used as much as 15psi with the stock sleeves however the cylinders went out of round by as much as 6-1/2 thousandths on a fresh bore with 9.5-1 JE pistons., but after getting another set of JE pistons that were .010 larger to straighten out the bores and running the motor for 2000 miles at 12psi after the machine work was done on the already seasoned sleeves the problem was gone. I have since replaced the stock sleeves with the Darton's

:beer:

Good luck to you on the plan but I can see you needing a large pot of money/time/effort to get a reliable end product.

amo
18-05-2007, 02:02 PM
thx every1 well its not till next year so money wont be a prob
looks like its best to go to usa again lol

just lookin at the rough price lol

thx amo