PDA

View Full Version : Hondas first NSX in the UK- G reg

TheSebringOne
20-05-2007, 03:32 PM
As I pointed out in a post Japfest thread, a HUK rep came over to pass on the news that our club stand won the best stand in show!, so I took the liberty of taking some pics, which I will post later. I know some of you at Gaydon saw the said X, but were disappointed! Apart from the wheel upgrades to 94+, it looked well to me, but I did'nt know the first one on a G reg was an auto, but its a shame it was neglected for so long and was only brought back to life by certain engineers in their spare time! He told me it was in a bad state, with full body respray? and now had only just over 7K miles on the clock!! Pics to follow, I felt great that my X was parked next to it :) or is that bad? since it was neglected and not really restored to its absolute OEM state?!?! :angry: :dunno:

NSX 2000
20-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Sorry James, you've lost me, did we win at Gaydon or at Japfest?

Senninha
20-05-2007, 09:24 PM
That car has a long and interesting history, hence the reason it has been restored. It is a shame about the wheels as the correct ones for it are actually quite unique 'angled' 5 spokes.

Although it is not as finished as some would like to see it, I'm pleased to know that it is still running and that it was of course driven by the Great man himself.

I saw the car at Gaydon but not at Jamesfest, however it did pass me on the M4 near to Slough as Duncan and I cruised home.

regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
21-05-2007, 03:21 PM
Would certainly be interested to see pics :D

Papalazarou
21-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Sorry James, you've lost me, did we win at Gaydon or at Japfest?

We won best stand at Japfest.

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
21-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Was there much competition?? :no:

Couldn't be there so missed it all but the photos are nostalgic.

Best stand
Best crash
Best post fes BBQ
Best forum

What's more?:proud:

SS

dan the man
21-05-2007, 09:59 PM
SS great post..LMAO!!

Best cars to get pulled by the cops :D

TheSebringOne
21-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Sorry for the confusion NSX2000 (your Circuit Blue is a great colour in the the flesh). I will post the pics of HUK's G reg tomorrow as I took the pics on my girlfriends camera (my new camera was ordered on fleabay, but not come yet! peeved off).:angry: Paul I can't believe thats the very X that our hero drove & sat in !! If I knew I would have sat in it & got the rep from HUK to take at picture of me at the wheel!! :doh: On the topic of OEM alloy wheels, maybe we should get in touch with HUK PR Dept regarding the fact the alloys fitted lack authencity and considering Senna used it? :thumbsdown:

Sudesh
21-05-2007, 11:10 PM
What was the full reg of the HUK car? I think I have an old supercars pull out with it in ther

Sudesh
21-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Just check the old Supercar pull out I had. It was the LHD press car they used, REG was H515 ERK, A red, LHD, First registered on the 15/8/1990, Manual. My first NSX was a pretty early model, it was a march 1991 car.

TheSebringOne
21-05-2007, 11:42 PM
The reg is G280 EJH Auto RHD, I think this is HUK own first car? Anyone can confirm this? So it precedes the H reg press car. Apparently Paul (Senninha) says its got a very interesting history and that the great man himself drove it too. I will post the pics asap. :)

Sudesh
21-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah its early alright! According to HPI it's

Honda NSX Coupe Auto
Colour: Red
Fuel: Petrol
Engine Size (cc): 2977
Model Year (YYYY): 1990
Manufacturer: Honda
Type: Coupe
Date of 1st Registration (DD/MM/YYYY): 01/07/2005
Number of Previous Owners: 0

It must have had a reg chnge through out the years as the date of first registration is incorrect, must have went onto a private plate 2005, then back to the original plate some time later.

simonprelude
22-05-2007, 10:05 AM
When I saw the car at Gaydon I wasn't sure if the brakes and calipers were original or not and that could be why the bigger wheels ??

Sudesh
22-05-2007, 11:48 AM
The LHD Press car that I mentioned is pretty early too! Although it is a H reg, it was first registered on the 15th/September/1990 so would be interesting to see how much earlier the G-Reg car is! The LHD, H515 ERK NSX, was also the one that first appeared in TOP GEAR driven by Tiff Needel.

TheSebringOne
22-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Sorry maybe I should have quizzed the HUK rep more about what was'nt OEM, but then again he may just be a puppet & probably know nothing about what was upgraded? IF I knew the car was going to be there, ie more advance warning, I would have looked more closely. Anyroad, no doubt we will see it again at the next major meet or when they need PR for whenever the new X or HSC arrives! :doh::unsure:

simonprelude
22-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Finally found a photo of it.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/444773428_b2004308ed_b.jpg

Silver Surfer
22-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Looks pretty good to me .....what's not OEM about it? :think::dunno:

SS

Senninha
22-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Looks pretty good to me .....what's not OEM about it? :think::dunno:

SS

Its running on 16/17 7 spokes instead of either the traditional 5 spokes for the age or the non-production slanted 5 spokes.

I think the brakes where OEM but during the refurb they have painted calipers gold as per the 02+ models.

I'm looking for a photo I have somewhere of Ayrton driving this car. I'll post if I find it (unless you beat me too it Simon ;))

Ref the history - other than the outings by Ayrton that this car is claimed to have taken, it has spent most of its life as a workshop training mule. It will have been repeatedly stripped and rebuilt by various mechanics under going training. At times it will have been the donor of parts for notebale clients whose cars needed urgent maintenance.

The rebuild is alleged to have cost ITR of £10k. Its use now is restricted to PR events or photo-shoots. It is not allowed to be driven on track.

Its a shame we didn't know it was at CC earlier as I for one would have been pleased to see it at the head of our final group photo shoot. Maybe next time.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
22-05-2007, 11:11 PM
Finally as promised, some pics of HUK G reg at Japfest ! The non OEMs are 94+ alloys and maybe bigger brakes hence bigger alloy wheels? But I cannot verify this. :)

TheSebringOne
22-05-2007, 11:19 PM
As only 5 photos per message, so couldn't fit all on first message! heres the rest !:) The mileage on the clock is in fact 7604 !

Sudesh
22-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Looks really really well! and the miles!!! That is low for a 1990 car. Wonder is it original?

TheSebringOne
24-05-2007, 12:44 AM
The interior looked immaculate too, aswell as the outside. I think the mileage is probably geniune as it was used as a training mule for NSX technicians/mechanics & for training purposes, so would have been stationery more than being used on the road or track. HUK would not allow it to be tracked now after its renovation. :)

Senninha
24-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I think the mileage is probably geniune as it was used as a training mule for NSX technicians/mechanics & for training purposes, so would have been stationery more than being used on the road or track. HUK would not allow it to be tracked now after its renovation. :)

Isn't this what I said 10 posts ago :rolleyes:

Silver Surfer
24-05-2007, 08:48 AM
Groundhog day!!

SS

AR
24-05-2007, 11:15 AM
Where can one buy that sticker? Any chance of a closer shot. I might get a mate to make me one.

Cheers,

AR

Senninha
24-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Hi Ary,

NIce to see you still frequenting from time2time :), hopefuly back in an X soon.

Is it the 'Powered by Honda' sticker you're after? If so, this is often for sale in many sizes and colors at most motorsport events and for not many pennies.

HTH

Regards, Paul

Sudesh
25-05-2007, 06:49 PM
Found some pics of the slant back wheels

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/acura-nsx-concept-1989-2.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/acura-nsx-concept-1989-3.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/acura-nsx-concept-1989-6.jpg