PDA

View Full Version : Shell V-Power fuel

mutley
23-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I tried search and couldn't find anything. Well at the weekend I filled up with tesco 99 super duper fuel and noticed.......Bugger all difference. All weekend I filled up with what ever super unleaded I could find and to be honest, I didn't notice any difference whatsoever with the car.

NOW THEN, when I got home to Edinburgh, I pulled into Shell and I saw they had V-power fuel, thought to my self, well in for a penny in for a pound, car was pretty empty and I stuck in £15 worth. NOW THEN I think this stuff is made by Belzebub himself! After driving casually out of the city, onto the quieter roads I gave it a bit of throttle (As you do) and I thought I could hear Air traffic Control saying I had clearance for take off.

Never before have I found a fuel that makes such a difference. Has anyone else tried this stuff? If not, HIGHLY recommend it.

Jim

gumball
23-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Only use this stuff, but recently gone up from 97p to 106p a litre my way :(

reg
23-05-2007, 12:49 PM
I have never found Tesco's or any other supermarket fuels to be of much use. Infact I threw some cheap stuff in the beater one day and after a stint on the Mway it had a rough idle and only managed 34mpg (it does 42 on most fuel).

Optimax and now V-Power always gave me gains on the ITR mainly in throttle response and a smoother run at the top end. Whether it made any power difference I dont know and TBH I didnt' care, it felt better so that was good enough for me.

To get the best out of the fuel I am thining you will need to reset the ecu by pulling the clock fuse, please someone chime in if this is wrong? There is no subsitute for octane in this world, never has been or ever will be;)

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I tried search and couldn't find anything. Well at the weekend I filled up with tesco 99 super duper fuel and noticed.......Bugger all difference. All weekend I filled up with what ever super unleaded I could find and to be honest, I didn't notice any difference whatsoever with the car.

NOW THEN, when I got home to Edinburgh, I pulled into Shell and I saw they had V-power fuel, thought to my self, well in for a penny in for a pound, car was pretty empty and I stuck in £15 worth. NOW THEN I think this stuff is made by Belzebub himself! After driving casually out of the city, onto the quieter roads I gave it a bit of throttle (As you do) and I thought I could hear Air traffic Control saying I had clearance for take off.

Never before have I found a fuel that makes such a difference. Has anyone else tried this stuff? If not, HIGHLY recommend it.

Jim

Steveycaz
23-05-2007, 01:48 PM
Infact I threw some cheap stuff in the beater one day and after a stint on the Mway it had a rough idle and only managed 34mpg (it does 42 on most fuel).

Wha' da fu' :eek:? I am averaging 21 MPG! I rarely use it for M'way and then get around 30.

gsuds
23-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Wha' da fu' :eek:? I am averaging 21 MPG! I rarely use it for M'way and then get around 30.

Don't think he was referring to NSX mate....:rolleyes:

Don't worry - think I get much the same....although did manage 35 tooling up M6 home the other day with cruise on!

Then I got bored with that :thumbsup:

gsuds
23-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Jim

Jim - have to agree, in a very unscientific way it feels a lot faster, will only use Vpower now.

Reg - I think, though somebody cleverer may correct me, that the car self adjusts after a while. Certainly, I haven't done the clock fuse fandango but the car still feels different!

Graham

reg
23-05-2007, 04:01 PM

:D

The figures were for my (t)rusty daily beater. The day I manage 40+ mpg out of Chewbacca is the same day I patent my scientific paper on hybrid NSX's :laugh:

I woud rather call the AA than put Tesco's in ;)

Minch
23-05-2007, 04:42 PM
I've had over 30mpg on a trip down to St Ives,Cornwall and that included a "blast" along side Bentley GT!

Lankstarr
23-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - works a treat!

TheSebringOne
23-05-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi Jim, I've always use SHELL V-power (previously Optimax) & nowt else, but did try once BP Ultimate which is comparable to V-power. Sorry I did'nt bring you a coconut at Japfest & it was nice meeting you! :)