PDA

View Full Version : Nsx On Tv

Sudesh
23-05-2007, 10:37 PM
If anyone can add to this the post away!!!

Appeared in Top Gear in 1991

In Quentin Tarantino's 1994 film Pulp Fiction, Harvey Keitel's character, Winston Wolf, drives this vehicle, identifying it as an Acura. In the film, Wolf completes a typically 30-minute drive through Los Angeles in "nine minutes and 37 seconds." He also offers Jules and Vincent a ride, even though the NSX only has two seats.

The NSX was also featured in an episode of the popular Seinfeld show "The Muffin Tops" (episode #155), in which Elaine needed help to dispose of the muffin stumps. A black NSX slides around the corner and parks. Postman Newman plays a perfect homage to The Wolf, as he emerges, enters the muffin store, and proceeds to solve Elaine's problem.

In 2005 Jeremy Clarkson, the presenter of BBC Two's Top Gear, attempted to drive around Laguna Seca faster in real life than he could on Gran Turismo 4 in near identical cars. As he didn't want to destroy the car by taking too much risk, he ultimately failed in his pursuit, but he wanted to send the recently discontinued NSX out in style.

A white NSX-R can be seen driving through a country road in the company's 2005 commercial, titled "Impossible Dream" .

Tiffany Amber Thiessen drove one on Beverly Hills 90210

TheSebringOne
23-05-2007, 11:35 PM
Wow, you have been swotting away, all I can add is:

Tiff Niddell driving one when he was in old TG, against 911 & other similar cars, he prefered the Porker, the car might be Simonpreludes here on the forum, an orange & he spun it?

Richard Hammond on TG driving a white Type R & the Stig doing a very very wet lap for the power board.

Tiff driving a yellow one late NA2 against a diesel Nitro Golf driven by Vicki on 5th Gear

Vicki paying tribute to the X & giving silver one away in a competition on 5th Gear

A race against 911 turbo, corvette C5 & similar cars on TG or 5th gear, think the late NA2 X came 3rd

Vicki on old TG comparing X with the Venturey? that french supercar

Thats all I can remember now. Off to ZZZ now ! :)

QuietJim
24-05-2007, 02:20 PM
There are references to NSXs in TV shows (Emmerdale, Torchwood, Hotel Babylon etc.) on these threads:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1886
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1799

and a Type R also appeared briefly in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, which you can see in my review of it here: http://www.forwardcharm.co.uk/fastandfurious3.php

simonprelude
24-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Tara Palmer Tomkinson driving one in a top gear episode or video also :)
Midnight purple and hitting the limiter on Oxford street.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1457

QuietJim
18-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Seems to fit this topic: IMCDB (http://www.imcdb.org/vehicles.php?make=Honda&page=42).

dan the man
19-06-2007, 06:50 AM
nice link ;)

TheSebringOne
19-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Good website find & even with this website, theres not many times that the X has appeared on tele or the movies = exclusivity ! :pleased::thumbsup:

Senninha
20-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I caught a re-run of TopGear last night on Sky. I think it was episode 5 of the new format with Jezzer, Hamster and Captain Slow.

Hamster had fitted nitrous to an old XJS to race the (then) current crop of Supercars which included a 'certain Orange Targa'

regards, Paul

NSX 2000
20-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I caught a re-run of TopGear last night on Sky. I think it was episode 5 of the new format with Jezzer, Hamster and Captain Slow. regards, Paul[/COLOR]

IIRC this was the second series of the new format, as in the first series they had a large rotund guy (who can be found on men and motors now) but Jermey and Richard didn't get on with him so they brought in James and the rest they say is history.

Paul,

Silver Surfer
20-06-2007, 11:07 AM
You meen he couldn't put up with the 'piss' taken out of him unlike 'Cap'n Slow'

SS ;)

TheSebringOne
20-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Paul, was that the same XJS that shot off the runway on the aircraft carrier Invincible I think? The one that killed off the first Stig, who apparently left over money & fame searching? Whose Orange X you refering to? Someone here on the forum, can't be P27 of Simons as his is a fixed coupe I thought? I must check out M & M as I can't remember the large rotund man? Was he a sales guy whose a bit of a Quentin Wilson character? Sorry senile dementia taken over :dunno:

jaytip
21-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Paul, was that the same XJS that shot off the runway on the aircraft carrier Invincible I think? The one that killed off the first Stig, who apparently left over money & fame searching? Whose Orange X you refering to? Someone here on the forum, can't be P27 of Simons as his is a fixed coupe I thought? I must check out M & M as I can't remember the large rotund man? Was he a sales guy whose a bit of a Quentin Wilson character? Sorry senile dementia take over :dunno:
His name is Jason something.He co presents a car program with an ex female racing driver named Penny Mallory.The program is called used car roadshow.

QuietJim
21-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I guess that'd be Jason Barlow - Irish chap with glasses, used to present Drivel with Penny Mallory and Mike Brewer. Jason's not rotund though, he's a lanky chap.

TheSebringOne
21-06-2007, 11:52 PM
:doh:Yep thats the man in question, I can picture him now!

gumball
22-06-2007, 08:36 AM
Jason Dawe, Jason Barlow,

NSX 2000
22-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Jason Dawe in First series of new format TG with Jeremy and Richard, Jason Barlow was in last series of old format TG when Jeremy was not doing it.

Papalazarou
22-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread, but have you seen Banzai this month? There are lots of NSX pic's from Castle Coombe and a nice pic of Mr Fens car I believe!

Cheers,

James.

ctrlaltdelboy
22-06-2007, 06:31 PM
back on topic - Martin Bergvil's silver NSX was used in a Norweigan ad for a service station car wash, IIRC it was scored with 'word up' by Cameo.

was a little bit cheesy but still good, and a nice 'claim to fame' for Martin

ctrlaltdelboy
22-06-2007, 06:57 PM
the tv commercial featuring Martin's NSX can be downloaded from his gallery on Prime here http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6711

TheSebringOne
22-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I do like the Spring shot in Norway, abeit a bit dark, but the Sebring silver looks like a light blue! or is it my eyes? :unsure: Do we know what ad it was used for as I quite like Word Up by Cameo! :D Is Spring the dark part of the year being near the Artic Circle? Papa, off to Smiths to get a copy, hope I'm not too late like with Autocar! :(

UltraViolet
24-06-2007, 01:00 PM
And the NSX was featured on Used Car Roadshow with the aformentioned Jason Dawe waxing lyrical about what a great car it is (after a 10 minute swot up on the facts with the car's owner first - and even then he got one bit wrong IIRC) on the "Teenage Kicks" feature where they look at a car that appeared on posters on Teenager bedroom walls but are now (reletively) affordable.