PDA

View Full Version : 2002+ Brake Lights

CrazyMixedUpKid
24-05-2007, 04:42 PM
All,

One of the subtle differences I noticed at JapFest on the 2002+ cars was that they have 2 rear brake lights on each side. One "Brake" and one "Tail/Brake" .. whereas us lesser mortals just have one "brake" and one "tail".

The US cars seem to have 2 brake/tails each side.

Call me sad but I like the look of 'more light' at the back when braking (hey - its probably safer too) ... I like even more the idea of the US cars ... more tail and brake.

Is there any legislation over here in the UK that says we must have a seperate brake light anyone know? ...

britlude
24-05-2007, 05:35 PM
JDM has 2 brake lights each side, and 3 tails.... as well as the spoiler light

Kevin
24-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Is there any legislation over here in the UK that says we must have a seperate brake light anyone know? ...

Hundreds of cars out there have combined tail and brake lights. I think that makes them perfectly legal.

dan the man
24-05-2007, 06:48 PM
I noticed bazza R after i filmed it having more tail lights. looks way better and is safer. a worthwhile mod imo...

Senninha
24-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Paul,

I've got the 02 clusters and when fitting I needed to tape over the holes where the additional bulb holders locate.

I aim to get the extras working at some point so interested if you work out the wiring.

regards, Paul

reg
24-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi Paul,

I've got the 02 clusters and when fitting I needed to tape over the holes where the additional bulb holders locate.

I aim to get the extras working at some point so interested if you work out the wiring.

regards, Paul

Paul,

I am going to be in Rayleigh 8/9 June. I can take a look and probably sort the lights for you?

PM me if interested mate.

Senninha
24-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Cheers Reg,

I'll try to get a couple of bulb holders

regards, Paul

dan the man
25-05-2007, 06:38 AM
can the 07 and below rear lights be sorted to have more tail and stop lights? are the holes in place?

mutley
25-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I like the JDM idea of the whole cluster as taillights (3 each side) with the thow each side as brake with the soiler brake light too.

I did price up the spoiler brake light, and at £431 from Honda, I'd rather make one!!!

Jim

CrazyMixedUpKid
25-05-2007, 02:04 PM
I think I may have been lying - looks like the US cars are the same as JDM ... i.e. 1 tail then 2 stop tail ... so 3 tail in all each side.

In a fit of Friday avo enthusiasm I have just ordered the US wiring assemblies ...

http://www.nsxpartsdb.com/img/parts/13SL00_005_2.png

I'm pretty sure I wont have a 'hole' for the bulb numbered 28 (Paul - sounds like you have - i.e your 02 clusters were from US I'd guess??) ... so I'll just leave that one empty!

I'll let you know what sort of mess I get into with bulbs / fogs / reversing lights etc !! ;-)

forumadmin
25-05-2007, 04:41 PM
The holes are 'sort of' there. The plastic is shaped for the holes, for the bulb holders, but they are sealed up. So I think you just need to drill them out and file them a bit, so the bulb holders will go in.

jonny
26-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Just reviving this old thread as I am looking to do this to my nsx.
I am trying to find the US wiring harness. Does anyone know where I can find these or what the part numbers are? I have searched for them but everywhere I look they are only offering the complete tail light assembly.

Cheers

Jonny

Sudesh
26-02-2009, 01:56 PM
In my opinion you would not need a JDM or US wiring harness.

It would be very simple to tie into your own harness. I would just have a good look at what you need, and go to a breakers yard and splice off some tail light sockets, preferably from another Honda as they tend to share some of those item through the models; just cut off the socket with a good length of the wire attached to each socket, and from there it would be quite simple to wire it all in!

I too have a JDM car and the full tail light/brake light combo is much nicer in my opinion.

AR
26-02-2009, 07:42 PM
My NA2 NSX-R tailights have these as well, one more thing to sort out one of these days!