PDA

View Full Version : new nsx owner

Monaco92
28-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone, I am the owner of the imola orange nsx which I bought from Coventry. (Before everyone pulls out their guns. I didn't post anything on any other forum). Getting an nsx was a dream come true. I always wanted one since I first saw a red one on some ramps in a Ferrari work shop in Monaco In 1992. It really stood out amongst the other cars there. I still remember being impressed by all the technicallities of its underside! sad I know.
I have driven the car for only a few hundred miles but can say they have been exhilarating. It has more than lived up to my expectations.

I know some people will be thinking it took him fifteen years to get into an nsx. But I wanted to be in a position were an expensive toy like an nsx would be a well earned reward for my hard work. Hope you all enjoy the photos.

Now for that apartment in monaco I saw that night....

NSX 2000
28-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Looks vey nice, and welcome. :beer:

Senninha
28-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I know some people will be thinking it took him fifteen years to get into an nsx. But I wanted to be in a position were an expensive toy like an nsx would be a well earned reward for my hard work..
I know where you're coming from with that comment..took me 15 yrs including the 9 months of seriously looking!

Great car/color combo. Please try and join us for brekkie on Sunday at Goodwood.

Welcome and enjoy your beautiful NSX

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
28-05-2007, 10:17 PM
Very nice car. :drool: Seen it advertised for over a year.

Welcome to the forum.:beer::bigsmile:

Just for the record.....you aren't also known as 'Varo' right? :beatdown:

SS

Monaco92
28-05-2007, 10:18 PM
no m8 i havnt posted this on any other website

Silver Surfer
28-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Just checking......no offence!:thumbsup:

Enjoy the forum and look forward to see the 'new X' in the flesh at one of the meets in the future.

:D:D:D

SS

Sudesh
28-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Looks stunning, welcome and health to enjoy as they say!!

dan the man
29-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Lovely car. nice story, The Power Of Dreams is so so ture.

forumadmin
29-05-2007, 06:37 AM
Hi,

Well if you were enjoying holidays in Monaco 15 years ago, I guess you could of got an NSX whenever you wanted.:)

Is that your garage in the picture? If so, that's going to impress some people here just as much as the car itself!

AR
29-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Hi,

Well if you were enjoying holidays in Monaco 15 years ago, I guess you could of got an NSX whenever you wanted.:)

Is that your garage in the picture? If so, that's going to impress some people here just as much as the car itself!

Kevin you love garages :)

BTW Monaco, great looking cxar mate!

Monaco92
29-05-2007, 09:00 AM
yes that is my garage

Rob_Fenn
29-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Congratulations :D

NSX 2000
29-05-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I have to admit that I also noticed the garage but didn't want to single it out over the X! But as you've brought it up, YOU'VE GOT A RADIATOR IN THE GARAGE! :shocked: That's going to be one looked after X!
PS you don't have a thing for washing cars as well? :D

amo
29-05-2007, 11:55 AM
hi mate and welcome enjoy the forum like i do lol
hope u enjoy the car but u will have to take it out more then that

thx amo

Monaco92
29-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Yes the garage is very nice, it has a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom upstairs,gas/electric, phoneline, wireless broadband. No I don't live there although the wife might disagree she thinks 40 is too old to play with cars . I had it built as somewhere to enjoy time with friends, all car nuts.
However when the doors go up people are still much more impressed by the X.
Yes you are right I need to drive more and wash less. But just a little nervous yet.

simonprelude
30-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Welcome, hmm you sure you aren't Varo on pistonheads ??

This is the car I looked at last year, I just couldn't justify changing mine for it.

Hope you got it for a good price, when I saw it, they were asking way too much for it.

Monaco92
30-05-2007, 05:23 PM
I can assure you i'm not varo from Pistonheads.
Coventry gave me a fair price for my p/x. so I was pleased with the deal.
Anyway What did you think of the car itself.

NSXGB
30-05-2007, 07:34 PM
He can't be Varo, he does not say 'thank you' after each post....

simonprelude
30-05-2007, 07:39 PM
I thought it was quite clean, there were a couple of obvious marks / scuffs but I think they sorted these out after I pointed them out.

It just wasn't worth me changing as there are a few changes to the interior that I don't like plus I would end up putting too many miles on it.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it and we see it at a meet soon.

Anyway What did you think of the car itself.

Silver Surfer
30-05-2007, 08:04 PM
The seats are smooth and not creased and the side cards of the door are smooth also. Is that normally what they are like new? My 91 'X's seat are creased/pleated as are the door card trim.

SS

Papalazarou
30-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey aren't you that Vario guy?

(sorry couldn't resist).

Cheers,

James.

Monaco92
30-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Hey aren't you that Vario guy?

(sorry couldn't resist).

Cheers,

James.

I'm getting a T-shirt printed " I'm not the Varo" to wear at any meets.

jaytip
31-05-2007, 12:04 AM
The seats are smooth and not creased and the side cards of the door are smooth also. Is that normally what they are like new? My 91 'X's seat are creased/pleated as are the door card trim.

SS
All the early (02 and back)models have the creased look,even when they were new.

TheQuietOne
31-05-2007, 03:23 PM
All the early (02 and back)models have the creased look,even when they were new.

Actually in 2000 (still pop ups) they moved to the perforated interior (James don't you dare) which has no pleats in it - and the door cards et al match! I only know as I have a 2000 with the perf!

Cheers, Matt.

Papalazarou
31-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Actually in 2000 (still pop ups) they moved to the perforated interior (James don't you dare) which has no pleats in it - and the door cards et al match! I only know as I have a 2000 with the perf!

Cheers, Matt.

when will you stop this obsession with perforated interiors! Next you'll be posting in bold!!:shocked:

Cheers, James.

TheSebringOne
01-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the club/forum. Also a very nice X & garages too! Where you venture from? The South somewhere? :)

Monaco92
01-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the club/forum. Also a very nice X & garages too! Where you venture from? The South somewhere? :)

Thanks,

No i've never been on any website. This is my first 'venture' in forums/clubs etc. I'm from the West Midlands.

Are there ever any meets in the Midlands?

simonprelude
02-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Is there likely to be an 04 going around shortly without the perforated interior ??
;)

when will you stop this obsession with perforated interiors! Next you'll be posting in bold!!:shocked:

Cheers, James.