PDA

View Full Version : Hampshire NSX service

richmills
31-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi All,

It's getting close to that time when I'll have to leave my beloved NSX to the tender mercy of a Honda dealer for its first annual service (since I got it anyway). So I thought it would be a good idea to ask here to see who people would recommend for someone in the Hampshire area? I'm based in Southampton.

Alan Day Honda would be my closest, but I don't currently even know if he has an NSX mechanic. I know we have several Hampshire owners here, so where do you take your pride and joy?

Cheers, Rich.

kevinpsw
31-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I believe the Honda dealer in Worthing to be NSX accredited. Otherwise, there's always Chiswick Honda (West London). Unless its major work, they have a nice coffee bar you can sit and wait in.

indi pearl
31-05-2007, 03:49 PM
I live in Bournemouth so have the choice of both Horizon (Honda Main Dealer Dorset) or Alan Day in S'ton.Neither dealer is an "approved" NSX service centre but both claim to have tech's with NSX knowledge, even if neither of them can value a 10 year old NSX (see insurance thread)!!!
If the service is fluid changes and general check over then I would (and have) used both of them,however if you are into anything more complex I would certainly look further afield.

Martin
31-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Hello

I have had my NSX nearly 3 years, and I have always taken it to Norton Way Honda, as its service history since day 1 has been always with either TWO MILLS or NORTON WAY.

I have had excellent service from Bryan the service manager at Norton Way, so decided to keep the car with the person that knows the car best.

Alternatively, I have an NSX technician contact in Hampshire, who can work 'out-of-hours' for a much better rate. I can give you hs contact details if interested?

Cheers
Martin

Senninha
31-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Rich,

Are you maintaining a Honda stamped service book? If not then you may wish to try Plans Motorsport nr Guildford.

If Honda then they dont come much better (if at all) than Brians team at Norton Way. Even though they own Chiswick, I've heard several less than complimentary comments about quality of work.

Nortons also ahve a coffee/breakfast bar on site and the lovely Jazz as a hire car if youso wish.

HTH, Paul

richmills
31-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Alternatively, I have an NSX technician contact in Hampshire, who can work 'out-of-hours' for a much better rate. I can give you hs contact details if interested?

Thanks Martin, you gave me his details when I first posted about getting the car and I'll certainly keep him in mind if anything expensive comes up. But for now I'm keen to keep the Honda service book up to date :)

Cheers, Rich.

richmills
31-05-2007, 06:37 PM
If Honda then they dont come much better (if at all) than Brians team at Norton Way. Even though they own Chiswick, I've heard several less than complimentary comments about quality of work.

Nortons also ahve a coffee/breakfast bar on site and the lovely Jazz as a hire car if youso wish.

Cheers Paul, sounds like Norton way are probably the first port of call then. Although I may pass up the offer of a Jazz :rolleyes:

Rich.