PDA

View Full Version : Comparing quotes at dealers

Ferris Bueller
06-06-2007, 07:01 PM
A little mischevious this one but I thought it might be interesting to compare quotes from dealers for specific bits of work.

As a for instance, I've gathered a few quotes for a certain job on my car. The difference in labour is remarkable:- £50 vs £117. Perversely the garage that is more expensive on labout is £10 cheaper on parts but there is absolutely nothing stopping you buying parts from one place and fitting them at another if you wanted to be extremist!

You can see how these differences could start to rack up after a few jobs on the car. Also worth bearing in mind that many of the normal dealers can carry out the more routine work on the NSX.

ETA.

How about a whole sub forum for job prices etc?

TheSebringOne
06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Dealers? you mean Honda or non Honda dealers? :rolleyes:

reg
06-06-2007, 11:37 PM
You can see how these differences could start to rack up after a few jobs on the car. Also worth bearing in mind that many of the normal dealers can carry out the more routine work on the NSX.

ETA.

How about a whole sub forum for job prices etc?

And also worth bearing in mind that most jobs are not out of reach for the average person. I wouldn't take my NSX to a non NSX dealer, knowledge is everything with these things and if the local Honda monkeys can fix it then so can I;)

TheSebringOne
06-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Shame you & a few others X fixers don't live near to me just in case! :(

mutley
07-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Shame you & a few others X fixers don't live near to me just in case! :(

Don't panic, some of us are willing to travel......................... Beer and food is my usual currency !!

Jim

Silver Surfer
07-06-2007, 05:47 PM
Can some Belgium beer tempt you?

SS ;)