PDA

View Full Version : Disc brakes, sizes & catologue confusion!?

TheSebringOne
26-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Been ringing around/checking the net for full set of disc brakes replacements for OEMs (will accept grooved too), but most retailers are quoting F&R 282mmx28mm which are for 3.0s, to also fit the later 3.2s!? I know the went up to F 298x28 & R 303x23 when 3.2 arrived. It seems all the major suppliers to these retailers may have got their info wrong from a single source!? I have checked with Brakes International, Carparts-direct.co.uk, Speedway, EBC, Black Diamond etc. The major suppliers are Mintex, EBC, Delphy, National! Are disc for 3.0 non dealer & 3.2 are dealer fit only as seems to be limited suppliers of the later disc?

Anyone had this same problem? Since I don't want to get ripped off by HUK! It seems I will be either going with RB by SOS or Dali (GB?) or maybe Dixel from Dirk, but pads seem very dear . Thanks Darren about the Black Diamond and Kevin, you mentioned previously about Trade supplier in Scotland?

I passed my MOT recently, but was told by next year it will fail & thats from my friendly pal at the testing station as corrosion has gone in 4-5mm into the braking surface, does the brake pads sweep & clean right to the edge of the disc?

Thanks for reading this & any comments/help would be highly appreciated.

simonprelude
30-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Trust these guys :)

http://www.racingbrake.com/NSX_s/4425.htm

TheSebringOne
30-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks Simon, I have put a request on the GB section for a complete set, with Hawk HPS pads all round. Glad someones replied here! I know I've been flapping about changing the disc, but just gona get them done now! not because they've failed the MOT, but piece of mind. Cheers :) I think you brought the 2 piece RB, are they still great?

nsxselby
01-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I have just put a set of black diamond discs grooved etc got a pr for £180 inc postage from euro performance its the best thing i have done my brakes are mint and getting s/s lines soon i would def recoment these discs

TheSebringOne
03-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks for that, but Black Diamond list diameter 282s (F&R)for both 3.0 & also 3.2, but the 3.2 have larger diameter of 298 & 303. If you refer to my original thread, most of the retailer's suppliers have got their catologue info wrong for the later 3.2s!! :) Please have a look at the pads thread if you can handle more on this topic!