PDA

View Full Version : NA1 NSX-R shifter and Momo Wheel NA1 NSX-R horn and trim

AR
29-06-2007, 02:01 PM
If any of you are considering this install the best piece of advice I can give you is don't. Just get the gruppe M lookalike and be happy. This part turned out to be a pain in the neck. After waiting weeks for it to arrive it turns out that it has a stud with male threads insted of female threads!!! The logical thing would be to order the stalk, but alas this part is on backorder in Japan. One can hardly blame them as the last time they put it on a car was 12 years ago!

So out I go to see Amo and get the shifter mechanism from his 91 JDM. This also happened to have been worked on in Japan as the throws feel shorter than UK, and the stalk is a solid stem.

I chopped 2 7/8" inches from the top leaving a bit of the hollow and had a nut welded on top. Job done now I have my Ersatz NA1 NSX-R stalk but with a twist, as this one is solid.

Two days later and it is finish. In hindsight I should have sold it and done it the easy way with a gruppe M one, but where is the fun in that?

Since I was at it I also installed a Momo tuner ( debagded ) with a Taitec Hub and a genuine NSX-R Trim and Horn kit.

The end results can be seen in the pictures, now I'll go have a nice cold Heineken while I looke at the tall grass I should have mowed instead of playing mechanic! :)

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
29-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Liking the wheel, lots.
More info required please.

Senninha
29-06-2007, 03:13 PM
The end results can be seen in the pictures:)

Cheers,

AR
Looking really good Ary.

The other option I can think of would be to talk to Evo57 on Prime. He fits a number of different wheels and hubs, also quick release versions too.

What are you doing about the cruise control? Removing it or adding the smaller buttons either side of the bottom spoke?

I would like a wheel like this but with air bag and ability to neatly retain cc buttons.

Keep up the good work Ary ;)

regards, Paul

Steveycaz
29-06-2007, 03:48 PM
I would like a wheel like this but with air bag and ability to neatly retain cc buttons.

That'll be the OEM wheel then :D

ctrlaltdelboy
29-06-2007, 04:00 PM
That'll be the OEM wheel then :D
LMAO :)

as already said - wheel looks well nice

however I am concerned at the amount of time you've been spending fiddling with your knob - if you don't ease up it'll fall off (or you'll go blind) ;)

AR
29-06-2007, 04:58 PM
LMAO :)

as already said - wheel looks well nice

however I am concerned at the amount of time you've been spending fiddling with your knob - if you don't ease up it'll fall off (or you'll go blind) ;)

You will have to type in a larger font :eek:

Cheers for the comments lads.

Paul I can honestly say that I did not miss the Airbag or cruise control when I had the NSX-R, so this feel just natural, specially with non PAS.

The wheel is a Momo tuner that I removed the badge as it is offset to one side. It matches the colour of the shiftknob quite well.

The harderst part was making a hole for the LED on the brand new shift boot CF ( or CF look ) NSX-R surround, talk about meassure twice, drill once!

I still have a few goodies to add, but for know it will do.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
26-07-2007, 02:26 AM
Ary,

Is that the Ø320mm or the Ø350mm wheel?

Lankstarr
28-07-2007, 03:55 PM
nice work Ary, wheel looks great and as for the knob...

:laugh:

You'll be feeling like you are back in your old type R in no time... but with comfortable seats!;)

mutley
28-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm liking the idea of the short shift thingy. Would probably be the best time for me to do this as I have the interior in bits!!

Jim

AR
29-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Cheers for the comments Luke, the wheels is 350mm BTW.