PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust tips...

NSXGB
24-07-2007, 08:35 AM
Quick question:

Time for new exhaust tips, so can anyone tell me on a standard 3.0 exhaust, what is the O\D of the exit pipe?
Is it 2.25"?

Senninha
28-07-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89517

Worth a look maybe?

regards, Paul

britlude
28-07-2007, 10:09 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk.sites.imotionhosting.com/testvb/showthread.php?t=2584&highlight=exhaust

NSXGB
30-07-2007, 07:06 AM
Thanks.....

TheSebringOne
30-07-2007, 08:52 PM
How difficult is it to remove the oval tips on an OEM zorst and replaced it with something more tasty, ie welding etc? What are the options out there and is it worth it? I think oval looks a liitle weedy when you can see the actual round pipe within it!? :rolleyes:

Senninha
30-07-2007, 09:57 PM
How difficult is it to remove the oval tips on an OEM zorst and replaced it with something more tasty, ie welding etc? What are the options out there and is it worth it?
James, if you can find yourself a local fabricator of exhausts then should be no problem for them to make the changes. My local, H&S (who supplied my system) have around 30 different styles to choose from and would do the work quickly and affordably.

regards, Paul

AR
30-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Halfrauds has at least 10 different styles and all are relatively cheap. So is E gay, or you can buy my exhaust LOL.

dan the man
31-07-2007, 08:18 AM
James local guys near me do tips and stuff. its one of my things to do aswell as getting her fixed. Ill let u know how it goes.

AR
31-07-2007, 09:30 AM
The main problem with the OEM exhaust is not the tips, but the fact it strangles the car's gasses.

Silver Surfer
31-07-2007, 10:27 PM
Ary,

Do you mean changing the back box with some thing that has less content makes the car more breathable?
Can this be done with less increase in dbs or does power go hand in hand with loudness??

SS

Senninha
31-07-2007, 10:45 PM
SS,

I'm sure someone more technical than I will chip in, but essentially what you are looking to do is allow the gasses to flow IN and OUT as freely as possible.

The sound can be tuned if your exhaust provider is skilled enough, so there is no need to have a socially unacceptable exhaust unless you want it. AYK, Kevin has fabricated some inserts to control db's, proving you can have power and less noise.

Mine had the exhaust only for a while, however it wasn't until I changed the inlet side with the airbox and scoop that everything settled down, was smoother and more free revving. Noise levels on mine are close to OEM around town and cruising, but much more interesting and exotic sounding when playing :D

The question to ask yourself is 'do I want more performance or just a cosmetic improvement?' Answer this and you will know whether to install a system or simply change the OEM tips.

HTH

Regards, Paul

PS - just remembered ... aren't you canging the headers to 3.2's? If yes then you will probably opt for a system. If going this route it may be worth asking H&S how much to install headers at the same time as a new tail section.

Silver Surfer
31-07-2007, 10:55 PM
So 'inserts' don't reduce the power gain??

I would like power gain, improved cosmetic tweak with little increase in db with minimal financial damage (don't we all!!!!!) :D.

I was planning to visit H&S this week anyway. Cheers Paul!

I have a date with our private mechanic soon anyhow regarding the headers.

SS :unsure::think:

AR
31-07-2007, 11:31 PM
The sound can be tuned if your exhaust provider is skilled enough, so there is no need to have a socially unacceptable exhaust unless you want it. AYK, Kevin has fabricated some inserts to control db's, proving you can have power and less noise.

Paul I think that less noise equals, less flow which equals less power, if not F1 cars will have mufflers.

YMMV

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
01-08-2007, 06:11 AM
I have just installed Dali side scoop - not as much more noise as I thought but definitely made the the engine a bit louder and deeper.

forumadmin
01-08-2007, 07:00 AM
It's not always the case that a free flowing exhaust always means more torque.

Top end torque usually does increase, where the highest amount of gases will be flowing. However engines are designed and tuned to have the exhaust they originally come with. Essentially we are changing the exhaust without changing the engine. To get the absolute best, you would also be replacing cams, or porting heads etc as well.

Mid-range torque can suffer as a result of a free flowing exhaust. Look at header design. For four cylinder cars, its possible to get 4-2-1 or 4-1 headers. These have different mid range characteristics.

Two NSXers here have stated to me, that they have lost mid range torque as a result of putting headers and very simple (loud) free flowing exhausts.

Fine if you have a race car, which spends all its time at the red line.

I've had very loud. It's tedious. It's also a bit naff/chavvy. It is so much better now I've controlled the noise. It's had some of its class restored.

ps. There is a system for Cerbera's by Silverstone Performane, who's noise output is 98dB, that's 4-9dB less than standard. It also made more power on a dyno test than standard.

AR
01-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Kevin,

On my 99 3.2 and the NSX-R ( Both with headers, one OEM one Mugen ) I felt ( subjective ) a minute loss in tq before 4000 rpms. Perhaps what happens as well is that as the engine will rev better people are leaving the right foot down a touch more than needed to move fwd and thus think there is less power.

Both designs were similar in having testpipes going to individual banks, the GT-Rom was better than the Tubi.

Now with the 3.0 and a freeflowing exhaust is the opposite. Perhaps is the Y pipe that is making the scavenging right, but I have power all the way. The cats were OK as they just passed MOT with me and the garage was amazed at the low levels, so they were not clogged before. All I can think off is the exhaust is optimal to the car. Time will tell or headers will tell once I get them on it. All I know now is that the car is faster than before and it revs nicer too.

Good disscussion on here.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46689&highlight=backpressure

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
01-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Ary,

did yours pass the cat test at the mot centre or was it tested just for HC and CO - as if the car was never fitted with cats?

AR
01-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Simon I was talking about the MOT.

Some people go freeflow and think they have more power ( they do ) but also sometimes their cats are a bit clogged.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Sorry....stick, wrong end.....

TheSebringOne
01-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Thanks guys, so If I get new tips, all I need is someone with zorst experience to cut away my OEM tips and weld on the new tips? I assume they must be skilled enough to remove the oval bit without shortening the actual pipe & I assume its a stainless steel system so no corrosion? I don't want those cheap ones with a bolt you tighten up onto the pipe! I will check out Halfords & E gay Ary, strange site for tips, thought your system is a 3.0?! I assume it would have to be stainless & high metal grade tips. Dan we have a mini meet to show me your tips when you get your baby sorted out after the Ring! :)

AR
02-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Mate the system is not stainless, there will be corrosion. Use a dremel too to cut The attach pipe by exhaust clamp, set screw or welding.

Cheers,

AR

Lankstarr
02-08-2007, 05:37 AM
James AFAIK the OEM tips are the cheap nasty tack bolt on items you describe... just unbolt them.

NSXGB
02-08-2007, 06:12 AM
Dan we have a mini meet to show me your tips when you get your baby sorted out after the Ring!

Come on guys....use PM for private chat :laugh:

britlude
02-08-2007, 06:45 AM
The oval tips are held on with a single bolt each side, but the chances are this will be corroded to buggery! with persuasion they will come off!. you are left with the plain steel exhaust tube, which comes all the way to the end of the oval finisher. So to fit tips, depending on the type (single/twin) you will have to trim the exhaust back anyway.

I have the halfrauds/ripspeed twin tips on mine, with the mounting tweaked to lose the huge exhaust clamp mounting. the pipe had to be trimmed back to where the oval trim finishes, hence how I know the exhaust pipe size, as I have a 4 1/5 stub in the now redundant oval trim!

dan the man
02-08-2007, 01:03 PM
Come on guys....use PM for private chat :laugh:

ok anyone else wana see my “tip“PM me :D

as for the NSX tips yes they are bolt on, when i had my off at the ring its loosend one and now it turns where it wants. lol.

Might even just slide them off and leave the dark pipes there hiding a bit veyron style...

mutley
03-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I usually have nothing to do with Halfrauds unless I'm desperate, but I like the look of those twin exit parts in that pic................tempting, VERY tempting.

Jim

TheSebringOne
03-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks guys, Ary you are saying I need a dremel to cut? Luke you say unbolt the OEM oval tips? which is correct? :dunno:Also I always thought the system is stainless steel! obviously be mis informed and I did'nt know the tips are cheap bolt on, thought Honda don't do cheap on the X !? :(

NSXGB
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
The tips have a neat recessed bolt underneath. You may or may not be able to undo it....if you can't, get your grinder out...

System is mild steel.

Tips are definitely not cheap, have you seen how much they are to replace???? :eek:

TheSebringOne
03-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Britlude, Looks great, did you DIY? When did you buy the tips as I'm very tempted! You had the mounting tweaked, what exactly you mean to lose/removed the big zorst mounting clamp, don't you need this clamp? Also you trimmed back the pipe, so did you just cut off the tip with pipe in it, just after the tip ends? Finally looking at yours, I assume the reminder of the pipe is inside the new twin tips & theres a clamp to hold onto the pipe at the other end of the tip? Sorry for the Qs. Thanks alot :)

Dan, YHPM !!-NOT really buddy! ;)
Jim, so your too posh for Halfords!? ;)

Silver Surfer
03-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Halfrauds special....£29.99 each

SS

TheSebringOne
03-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for that, just bout to go onto Halfords website! So £60 for two, is that not bad!? Are these same as the Ripspeed that Britlude fitted as looks similar at the front, but the back looks different? Think I will go to the said shop & see em in real life! :) Any other National Retailers to check out too?

britlude
04-08-2007, 07:26 AM
in the pic they are upside down! they are in the boy race bit (ripspeed) of halfrauds, and £60 for 2 was the best I could find when I did this about a year ago!
I did them DIY, after removing the oval tips, it was a case of cutting the exhaust tube back til they looked right, had I just cut the oval tips off it would have been fine!

i threw away the clamp in the pic, as that hung down, was too bulky and looked ugly. I modified it to take a jubilee clip, which you might just see underneath in my pic. If I were to do it again, i'd just weld them on and done with it!

the pipe stub goes into the trim, and is clamped up. the diameter of the trim is bigger than the exhaust stub, so leave the gap at the bottom, and the exhaust won't fill up (and rot out) when you wash it!

the shiny bit of the trim is stainless, the black bit steel, but i didn't see this as a problem as the exhaust is steel anyway. I chose this tip because it's the same width as the oval one, so I knew it would look good with the bumper recess, some look too big!

hope that helps!

one more thing, they only had 1 in stock, so I had to have the display one too!!!! still, would have buggered up their restocking computer

TheSebringOne
04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks alot for your advise/reply. :) I will give it a go!

Silver Surfer
05-08-2007, 12:33 AM
I think I will also go down the same route (Halfrauds) as it seems it is the most cost effective with regards for cosmetic purpose! Custom made quote had been from £120-300 plus Vat!!! The former price involved using some massive 4" pipe which was excessively huge and looked chav!! :no:

SS

mutley
05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
AHA I can't believe we are all agreeing in Halfords being the best option...................group but on exhaust tips !!! :D

Jim

TheSebringOne
05-08-2007, 10:51 PM
SS, we X owners don't do Chavs ;) Big bore ends/tips are for kids because size is everyhthing when your'e young :D

mutley
06-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Well I popped into my local Halfrauds to have a closer look and I spotted them in a glass case. They looked ok from a distance but close up I see that they have "ripspeed" engraved on top to the chrome tips, and that they are slash cut.

I Guess that's why you fitted yours upside down, and I though about that too, but I wouldn't with the slash cut.

I'm going to hunt about for something similar but with a straight cut end.

Jim

TheSebringOne
06-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks Jim, I will have a look this week. Are you saying Ripspeed sounds a bit chavy/boy racer? and/or you just don't want slash type tips? Lets us know if you find any alternatives as tried the web/fleabay etc and not much out there, well at least twin tips! Are you going for twin tips look?

mutley
07-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Got it in one, I thing the "ripspeed" engraving is a tad chavvy,(go look and see).

I don't mind the slash tips,but I don't think they will look nice upside down, but will definately looking at twin tips.

Jim

simonprelude
07-08-2007, 08:17 AM
How about these ones ??

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=AILFT757.4

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/resources/images/zoom/AILFT7574.jpg

£35.25 ??

mutley
07-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Cheers Simon, that's the thing I'm looking for, I forgot to cheack demon tweeks.

Jim

britlude
07-08-2007, 03:07 PM
they look the same as the ripspeed ones without the engraving. I said the ones in the pic are upside down, compared to the ones on my car. You'll probably find slash cuts will look better, as once ther are on the car, they point slightly upwards, fitting tight to the bumper, so you can't really see the writing anyway. the slash of the slash cut is spot on vertical on mine!

mutley
07-08-2007, 03:43 PM
I suppose it's worth a try, nothing ventured nothing gained eh?

Jim

TheSebringOne
08-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Well done Si and same here, a great find & alternative to Halfords :thumbsup:

indi pearl
08-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Great info.Have just got two from Poole Halfrauds this morning.The Goddess will have a suitably "are you looking at my rear?" look by Saturday afternoon.

mutley
08-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Great info.Have just got two from Poole Halfrauds this morning.The Goddess will have a suitably "are you looking at my rear?" look by Saturday afternoon.

Get a pic up when you're done so we can have a look. are you going for the "ripspeed" on top or the upside dowm alternative?

Jim

indi pearl
08-08-2007, 11:52 AM
I think the normal "logo on top" looks best and reckon you would be hard pushed to see the Ripspeed logo anyway since each unit will only just project out from the rear valance.I must say I am impressed with the quality of these tips for £30 but was able to resist purchasing the ripspeed neon washer lights that shared the same display cabinet!!!!!!!!!!!1
Fit this weekend and post pics Monday.

mutley
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Nice one I'll look forward to seeing your neon washer jets, erm I mean tail pipes.

Jim

Steveycaz
08-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Can changing the tips only make a difference to the exhaust note / volume?

britlude
08-08-2007, 03:47 PM
it can in some applications, but replacing the ovals doesn't give enough length to really make a difference to the sound.

mutley
08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm not too fussy aput changing the noise as yet, that'll come later with a new system, but my ovals are looking a wee bit scruffy these days so hopefully the new tipe will freshen up the rear appearance.

Jim

Silver Surfer
08-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Race to get it done this weekend? ;)

SS

mutley
08-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Race to get it done this weekend? ;)

SS

HAHAHAHAH, I could cheat and do it tomorrow, but if you've seen my other post today about my door handle, that is a priority, so no exhaust tips for me this month!!

Jim

indi pearl
09-08-2007, 08:41 AM
DONE.Got back from work early yesterday (4ish) and thought O/K lets check measurements etc to help speed up fitting on Saturday.Next thing I know my trusty electric saw is out and 15cm of tail pipe is lopped off each side.Ripspeed tips slid on,logo upermost but hidden by valence,angled up and locked in place using the supplied arial brackets.Excess threads on brackets cut of flush and rear of each assembly treated to a coat of mat black high temp paint.
Total transformation,nobody is going to mess with The Goddess's rear now!!
No apparent change in exhaust note.Will post picks tonight.Best £60 spent for a long time.

mutley
09-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Good job Indi, can't wait to se the picss, if the ripspeed bit is well hidden, and I like the look of the pics, I'll get right on it.

Cheers

Jim

britlude
09-08-2007, 03:18 PM
they should look just like mine!!!

AR
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Guys why not the single 3" slash cut as in the JDM R and S models?

mutley
09-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Guys why not the single 3" slash cut as in the JDM R and S models?

I know what you mean Ary, But I just fancy the twin exit look.

Jim

indi pearl
09-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Pics of installation as promised.

mutley
09-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Yeah looking good, I'm nearly convinced to go for it now (although being picky I can see the ripspeed bit)

But it is looking well, a more modern look to the OEM ovals.

Oh and I found these, what does everyone think?
http://www.motor-world.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod_id=8378

Jim

Silver Surfer
09-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Jim,

They look similar in shape as the Halfords' but without the Ripspeed logo. I can't be arse too look around and committed to the twin twins from my local Halfords!! As Britlude described, had to take the show one as well...untouched by many as it was in the glass show cabinet. Will try and put it on at Kevspeed next weekend. ;)

SS

mutley
09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah I think they are pretty similar, I suppose all after market exhaust tips will be fairly similar. I only notices that the motorworld ones say twin oval rather than round. I'll go look at them and see if they are much different.

This must be catching, a few of us seem to be converting!

Jim

TheSebringOne
10-08-2007, 12:15 AM
I would think no as its the very end bit? But I might be wrong as usual! Think these tips are purely comestics,
unless you do cat back or back box change? :D

AR
10-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I would think no as its the very end bit? But I might be wrong as usual! Think these tips are purely comestics,
unless you do cat back or back box change? :D

A tip can change the resonance point of an exhaust, but when an exhaust is as restrictive as the NSX one is they won't affect the sound that much. Remember that in the OEM one the actual pipe is almost flush with the end of the cover tip, thus reducing any chnge to the harmonics.

Cheers,

AR

indi pearl
10-08-2007, 01:02 PM
First,many thanks to Britlude for spotting these tips.

After I had fitted them I did not think there was any change in exhaust tone.However an extended drive today has proved otherwise.There is definately much better "growlyness" at low to moderate revs and more depth at high revs.I am surprised a change of tip could make a difference so obviously AR is right.

Steveycaz
10-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Am I right in saying that you cut back the original pipe. In the OEM tips the pipe is almost flush so the tips cannot affect resonance at all. with the new tips, how far through do the exhaust pipes sit? (played with this sentence for five minutes but it still sounds wrong - must be a friday!)

mutley
10-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Steveyca, I think I know what you mean, the OEM pipe comes right through the Oval bit, but with fitting the twin exit tips, the OEM pipe will only go into the single end before it splits into 2. So I guess this must be what is giving a different note.

Hope to get this done sometime this month.

Jim

TheSebringOne
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Indie, well done & can't wait for the pics, but when you cut off the 15 cm, did you leave the oval tips on the pipe before hacking it off? or screw off oval first, before the chain saw massacre? Cheers

indi pearl
13-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Pic's allready posted on page 6.
As I was unsure how much I would need to cut of the tailpipes I decided to remove the "ovals".The first came off fine, the second wanted to play hardball and I ended up shearing the head off the clamp bolt.No problem !!.......I have a set of stud extacters.Drill out center of the broken bolt,screwed in extracter,on with socket and "bang",extracter shears off flush with bolt head.I had now worked out that 15cm was the optimum "cut back" of the tail pipes so was able to cut pipe with "oval" still attached.I will deaL with the recalcitrant bolt at a later date.
I allso felt the clamps provided were somewhat flimsy and replaced them with 65mm exhaust clamps.Following a little modification a very solid attachment of the tips was made,the whole finished job then treated to a coat of matt black high temp paint (excluding the stainless!!).

dan the man
15-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Popped to my local garage today who does bits on my cars for me as i know he has tips in and can various designs and stuff.

The one in my hand is 3'' width and i like the smoothed inward design. Not rolled if u will. One on each side would like fine imo as i really dont like twin rolled designs on each side. Took a pic of other designs also just to show u guys.

He can weld them onto the original pipe also.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/DTMDC5K20/15082007512.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/DTMDC5K20/15082007511.jpg

all stainless.

NSXGB
15-08-2007, 02:55 PM
He can weld them onto the original pipe also.

....He can weld Stainless to Mild Steel?

dan the man
15-08-2007, 03:46 PM
yes as long as he can clean the mild steel up fully its doable.

If its totally knacked and rusting through then as u can guess not really plausable.

britlude
15-08-2007, 04:05 PM
as long as there is metal to weld to, you can weld mild to stainless. no problem at all.

NSXGB
15-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I've learnt something today :). Thought it was a no no...

AR
15-08-2007, 06:06 PM
....He can weld Stainless to Mild Steel?

Honda did it with the JDM, some EDM and the NSX-R/ S types.

They however left the internal tips the same lenght.

Cheers,

AR

mutley
15-08-2007, 10:38 PM
In those pics there are a couple that are quite nice, but I think I'll still go for the twin exit ones. Spotted ones on ebay for £14.99 But will probably be crap quality.

Jim

TheSebringOne
15-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Great find DTM pal! Are you going to have them fitted as I really like the one you picked. Are the other two both 3 inches across too or slightly larger, especially the roll end one?

Looked at the twin ones at Halfords at weekend, not too bad & the Ripspeed inprint is not that large, but not sure of the black paint half way down? The ones from Demontweeks look nice as all silver in the photo? Decisions, decisions!?

mutley
15-08-2007, 11:30 PM
Here are teh ones on Ebay, pretty much the same looing as the ripspeed ones.
Jim

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220138390351&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

TheSebringOne
15-08-2007, 11:49 PM
They look very similar to the Ripspeeds at Halfords & at £35 quid for two, thats cheap! Two things, first that it says there silver and not stainless steel, so may not last !? Second if it matters, they are shorter in length too?:dunno:

mutley
15-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Not sure about the "silver" they may or may not be stainless, I suppose you could always ask the seller for more details.

But price wise compared to Halfrauds, it's half price.

Jim

Lankstarr
16-08-2007, 05:51 AM
My exhaust tip is....get one!!!!

dan the man
16-08-2007, 07:40 AM
The twin ones look very cheap imo.. the ones on ebay i mean. Might aswell get stainless if u can.

James i like the one in my hand most, looks the nicest made. The other are 3'' aswell, has lots of other designs too. When the cars fixed i think ill investigate having a pair on like i had in my hand. Let me know if anyone wants prices.

mutley
16-08-2007, 12:07 PM
The twin ones look very cheap imo.. the ones on ebay i mean. Might aswell get stainless if u can.

Aye, fair point, Halfrauds/ Demon tweeks it is then.

Jim

dan the man
16-08-2007, 07:59 PM
lol is that your going for cheap then or have i missed something?

mutley
16-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I'll probably go mental and buy a complete new exhaust!!!!

Jim

AR
16-08-2007, 08:09 PM
One can also remove the trim,cut the tip slash, and use some hammerite on the exposed bit LOL.

mutley
16-08-2007, 09:25 PM
One can also remove the trim,cut the tip slash, and use some hammerite on the exposed bit LOL.

...........................or we could just by one that sounds like the world is coming to an end like you did Ary :D

Jim

TheSebringOne
16-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Dtm, Yhpm ! :)

Lankstarr
17-08-2007, 06:42 AM
My exhaust tip is....get one!!!!

Another rogue post by TQO -when did you get time to sneak on and do these you muppet!?

simonprelude
17-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Yesterday around 06:51 I would guess :dunno:

Another rogue post by TQO -when did you get time to sneak on and do these you muppet!?

Lankstarr
17-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Yesterday around 06:51 I would guess :dunno:

So your the brains of this operation then!? Sounds like a good guess to me you sarchy B******!

dan the man
17-08-2007, 07:49 PM
i never got a PM off you james??

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Dan pal, theres not an imposter with your avatar!? :D Any road re-sent part deux ! :)

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Si I think, where did you get that DemonTweeks pic from, of the twin chrome tips as I could'nt find em last night?:):dunno: There not old stock? :(

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Sorry Si, just found your thread & realised that they are twin ovals by the looks of them, very similar to DemonTweeks one & similar price too!

mutley
18-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Try here

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=AILFT7124

Jim

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Jim ,we were one minute apart!! I found Si thread, but there not the ones you posted as I seen these last night! The one Si posted are virtually like the ones you found on Motorworld website!, but are twin ovals !!

dan the man
18-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Got ya POM james..

must have gone via china..

and back :D

mutley
18-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Jim ,we were one minute apart!! I found Si thread, but there not the ones you posted as I seen these last night! The one Si posted are virtually like the ones you found on Motorworld website!, but are twin ovals !!

Yeah I've spotted twin ovals (then got half tempted) and twin squares too! But I think I'll stick with the twin round idea.

Jim

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Dan, maybe I sent it via a certain Mr Type R in my motherland so to speak!

Jim, if you go for a twin oval look, it be a wanna be three star AMG & if twin square/rectangular, a vauxhall Vectra :eek: Don't do it pal, just stick to twin ovals as planned, otherwise at this rate, your'e get your tips in a twist! :D

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 02:18 PM
All, I found these on Fleabay, which are being sold by same vendor thats doing two for £30, which Mutley posted before. They seem better quality, but in the descriptions, it mentions are made with a stainless steel performance core, but core only? Also mentions that it comes with a reducer so you can cut to fit your pipe diameter? :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190113408251&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:UK:73&isfrommerc=1&refitem=220138390351&itemcount=8&refwidgetloc=watch_reminder_email&refwidgettype=osi_widget

mutley
18-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Dan, maybe I sent it via a certain Mr Type R in my motherland so to speak!

Jim, if you go for a twin oval look, it be a wanna be three star AMG & if twin square/rectangular, a vauxhall Vectra :eek: Don't do it pal, just stick to twin ovals as planned, otherwise at this rate, your'e get your tips in a twist! :D

You mean stick to TWIN ROUND as planned LOL

Jim

TheSebringOne
18-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Better get my tips right, round I meant ! :D:laugh:

mutley
19-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Better get my tips right, round I meant ! :D:laugh:

Yeah In knew what you meant , just had a pedantic moment :D

Jim