PDA

View Full Version : Hello

craigdonnelly
02-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Hello Ladies and Gents,

My name is Craig Donnelly from Glasgow and I popped my NSX cherry today! I'm now the proud owner of a silver 1997 3.2 manual. I bought her from Phoenix Glasgow Honda, she has rare red leather seats and a very interesting history. She has only done 44K miles with two owners and the first owner was Jaguar GB. I look forward talking to you all on the forum and hopefully meet up at future meets and events. cheers :)

NSXGB
02-08-2007, 06:17 AM
Welcome Craig....nice to see you bought the best colour!

simonprelude
02-08-2007, 07:05 AM
Sounds nice, think I have seen photo's of this at Phoenix.
Anyway, putting some on here won't hurt :)

DamianW
02-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Craig, welcome. Good choice!

Senninha
02-08-2007, 10:55 AM
HI Craig,

Congrats and good choice. Welcome to our friendly community. Enjoy your NSX

regards, Paul

gsuds
02-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Hi Craig,

Another for the South Scotland Silver NSX brigade!

Cheers,

Graham

amo
02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
hi mate and welcome to this mad mad world

thx amo

mutley
02-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Hi Craig,

Another for the South Scotland Silver NSX brigade!

Cheers,

Graham

Bloody hell! Must be a Scottish thing, Silver only north of the border....... I feel another mini meet coming up?? I'm free anytime before 2nd September.

Jim

craigdonnelly
02-08-2007, 10:47 PM
Cheers for saying hello and making me feel welcome. I've admired and respected the NSX for years and I can't believe I finally own one. Most of my friends are car enthusiasts too but are badge snobs and ignorant to the NSX's capabilities. However over the last couple of days I've enjoyed proving to them the NSX is faster than it's 280bhp suggests!:laugh:

gsuds
03-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Mine's going back in for a general and alignment check following its major surgery - if all well will certainly try to arrange a mini-meet.

G

Bloody hell! Must be a Scottish thing, Silver only north of the border....... I feel another mini meet coming up?? I'm free anytime before 2nd September.

Jim

TheSebringOne
03-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the club fellow Sebring silver owner & bonny Scotsman? (assuming, sorry if wrong). Strange that Sebring is very popular North of the border with Gsuds & Mutley, plus me even though I'm in the NW of England, but my 99 is from Phoenix originally when new too and I'm Glaswegian by birth! :) Look forward to some pics & how the red leather looks with Sebring, its 290 BHP for 97+ 3.2s ;)

mutley
03-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Mine's going back in for a general and alignment check following its major surgery - if all well will certainly try to arrange a mini-meet.

G

Sounds good. I'll be in the area for another 4 weeks. Let me know as soon as your car has the all clear.

Jim

gsuds
03-08-2007, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=TheSebringOne;28085]Look forward to some pics & how the red leather looks with Sebring[QUOTE]

Yeah, reckon that might be the optimum colour combo....

mutley
03-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Aftetr I've finished the bits I'm currently working on, I'm going to go for the black/red seat idea, to match in with the other red bits I've done. (P.S Carbon console should be fitted by the end of today, few minor mods needing done to it)

Jim

craigdonnelly
03-08-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes I'm a Scotsman, I actually live in Cumbernauld. I went to the Cruise in Falkirk last night and got a lot of attention. There was a few Skylines, F360 and 996 turbo but the NSX got more looks. Maybe because it's so rare and next the F360 really low!

The red leather looks really good and brightens up the interior. This is my third car with red leather having owned a TT and Boxster S. There is a couple of things I want to put right in the interior because Jaguar GB fitted a role cage in her. Phoenix Honda have done a good job hiding the holes etc but I eventually want the interior to be perfect. I'm hoping to find out through the forum where the best place is to source NSX parts and spares. I'm considering getting the carpet re-trimmed but a better solution might be find a used carpet from another NSX???

mutley
03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Do you know anything about the hondatec meet coming up in Motherwell, I was thinkinng of going along. I know what you mean about getting attention at such meets, I get a few looks in Edinburgh. Would be good to get 2 NSX ( maybe 3 If Gsuds can make it too) to this meet in motherwell.

Jim

craigdonnelly
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
If I'm free yes I'll go along. When is it? The Sales Director at Phoenix said there was a S2000 and NSX meet at Millport soon. He wasn't sure if it was this weekend or next weekend? Anyone Know anything about it?

mutley
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
I haven't heard anything about that one, but the honda tec one is on 23rd August. I'm waiting on more info.

Jim

gsuds
03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Might well be free that night.....

c11nky
06-08-2007, 07:26 PM
Hey, there are green ones up here too!

(Might not be here for long though :()

www.alan-f.co.uk (http://www.alan-f.co.uk)

Craig, if you REALLY want to enjoy it, you have to try the roads on the East side. Might I suggest the Coast Road through East Lothian?

mutley
06-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Ahh see they are coming out of the woodwork now!! Maybe we could have a Scottish meet sometime!

I agree with the coast road, I enjoy that route quite often.

Jim

craigdonnelly
06-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Alright guys, a mini meet and drive would be a weekend to look forward to. I would also like to see other NSX's to see where I can improve mine and for others with a good eye to spot anything wrong?

mutley
06-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm sure something can be arranged, I'll try and PM all us locals and see what we can sort out.

Jim

c11nky
07-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm not coming if you're going to bring silver cars. It just lowers the tone.

gsuds
07-08-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm not coming if you're going to bring silver cars. It just lowers the tone.

Well, it'll be tricky to bring any other colour...:)

Mind you, always did fancy a proper respray in black....:cool:

You'll just have to be unique!

mutley
07-08-2007, 10:03 PM
HA silver power rules!!

Anyhoo guys, anyone got any particular dates in mind for the mini meet? wil have to be this month for me.

Jim

mutley
09-08-2007, 06:04 PM
All north of the border peeps (or anyone else interested), please see events section for Scottish mini mate dates/ arrangements.

Cheers Jim