PDA

View Full Version : CD player/changer

craigdonnelly
03-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi kids. I've just bought my first NSX and everything seems tight and working as it should. The only concern I have is that I think the CD changer is slow at reacting. When I first turn the CD it doesn't come on straight away and when selecting a track sometimes it takes a few seconds which seem like minutes. Is this common or does anyone know the remedy?

britlude
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
just remember it's a 15 year old design!!!!

NSXGB
03-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi kids. I've just bought my first NSX and everything seems tight and working as it should. The only concern I have is that I think the CD changer is slow at reacting. When I first turn the CD it doesn't come on straight away and when selecting a track sometimes it takes a few seconds which seem like minutes. Is this common or does anyone know the remedy?

If you like your music, treat yourself to the Alpine CHAS-634 CD\MP3 changer(Ithink that's the right model), nice upgrade for you. I have one and it's not slow like you are saying. I think they are £150ish.

Otherwise you might have a dirty optic in your changer, have you tried cleaning it?

Silver Surfer
03-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Must be yours, mine is snappy!! :D

SS

amo
03-08-2007, 09:23 PM
or go for a ipod

thx amo

Lankstarr
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
or go for a ipod

thx amo

shouldn't that be:

or go for a ipod lol

thx amo lol

or is music not a laughing matter :laugh:lol

l*ol

craigdonnelly
03-08-2007, 09:44 PM
cheers guys! I'll try cleaning and if it doesn't work see about a replacement. The head unit must be working fine because the radio is working without delay and sound is crystal even at full volume.

Lankstarr
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
full volume:eek:

Do you know how much the speakers cost to replace!?

I've never gone that far, maybe I'm over cautious but a bad spot of signal or a low note could be very costly if you're at full whack. :eek:

Back in the day when I had a 2k system in my car I would never take it above 2/3rds of the way up (partlt to protect my ears!)

Just my 2p!

CD changer in mine is alpine and IMO takes no longer than any other changer to swap discs

L*

craigdonnelly
03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I never listen to music in the car at full volume but I done it once to hear the quality of it and it sounded sweet. The delay is not changing CD's it's actually skipping from song to song??? I knew running the NSX would be costly compared to my Boxster S but I keep getting cold sweats and nightmares when I read through the forum that everything is expensive to replace (even the speakers ) :(

mutley
03-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah I gave up with the OEM sound system, so It's all gone ( well I have the head unit, anyone interested??)
All the seaker amps have gone , so rather than repair I'm going for a new install with after market stuff.

Jim

Silver Surfer
03-08-2007, 11:33 PM
The fault of the speaker amps are due to a single capacitor in the component board blowing. kevin repaired my amp in 15mins by desoldering the said capacitor and soldering on a 15 pence cost larger capacitor. Circuit board screwed back on and hey presto, sound was sweet!!!! So no worry regarding the sound system as it can be repaired.

SS

britlude
04-08-2007, 07:39 AM
the parts from honda may be expensive here, but in the US they are not, and remember, the honda has to go wrong first!

amo
04-08-2007, 10:22 AM
ok lol just to keep u happy
well im just doin a replacement done the door speakers
just the 2 subs left to do

thx amo

TheQuietOne
04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I never listen to music in the car at full volume but I done it once to hear the quality of it and it sounded sweet. The delay is not changing CD's it's actually skipping from song to song??? I knew running the NSX would be costly compared to my Boxster S but I keep getting cold sweats and nightmares when I read through the forum that everything is expensive to replace (even the speakers ) :(

Are you playing originals or copies? When I put in CD's I have burnt myself it is very slow to change from track to track!

craigdonnelly
04-08-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm glad your not so quiet and decided to reply theQuietOne because it is copied CD's that are slow to change from track to track. That must be what's wrong. It should have been obvious the problem was due to copies but most of my CD's are copies and I've never had a problem before on other CD players.

TheQuietOne
04-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm glad your not so quiet and decided to reply theQuietOne because it is copied CD's that are slow to change from track to track. That must be what's wrong. It should have been obvious the problem was due to copies but most of my CD's are copies and I've never had a problem before on other CD players.

Excellent - I'm thinking about changing my username to TheChangerExpert as I have now helped a fair few on here! Should you ever have error codes on your head unit and the changer cassette gets stuck, arm yourself with a credit card and PM me!

Keep enjoying the X sir....

NSXGB
04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
As is goes, a copied CD is a digital copy of the master, so should be identical. I have the CHAS-634 and it does not hesitate between tracks for copied CD's or MP3's or regular....

TheSebringOne
04-08-2007, 10:24 PM
I can second that Matt, the official TheChangerExpert! Thanks for your help previously when I first posted on this club/forum pal. :)

DamianW
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
As is goes, a copied CD is a digital copy of the master, so should be identical. I have the CHAS-634 and it does not hesitate between tracks for copied CD's or MP3's or regular....

I've had changers before that struggle with CDRs (copies), but like you I have the 634 in the NSX and thats fine with them, plus it plays MP3s which is great (you can almost pretend the stereo is up to date).

Clive
05-08-2007, 11:07 AM
While people are talking about CD players, does anybody want to purchase my spare Honda/Alpine 6-CD player which came out of my v v low miles 1996 car. Ireplaced it with one from my 1999 car. It works perfectly. Just a thought before I think about putting it on ebay.

craigdonnelly
06-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Do you have two NSX's??? do you have a spare steering wheel or any other spare interior parts?

Clive
07-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Sorry I only have the one now. My 1999 ended up in a ditch/hedge/field sometmie ago. T100NSX is still doing the rounds somewhere. So no parts except the CD player really.