PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Lights

craigdonnelly
07-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi, Can someone tell me if the two buttons next to the cassette player on the right that say "eject" and "A.S." are supposed to light up with the rest of the dashboard lights?

mutley
07-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Craig, I just had a look at my old head unit before i boxed it up to post to the new owner, and those buttons do look like they should illuminate with the rest of the system.

I would have opened it up and checked it for you, but I've sold this one and the new owner ( yes bruitlude it's on it's way to you) may not have been happy about butchering his head unit.

Jim

craigdonnelly
07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
I thought that they should light up. Do you know if it's an easy or expensive fix because knowing there not working will drive me insane ( perfectionist )

mutley
07-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Hmm that's a tough one, as those buttons are part of the head unit and I have no idea how easy the stereo will come apart and that is IF it's only the internal bulb (which I'm 99.9% convinced it is).

To get that far you have to remove the centre strage box, then centre console and then the head unit. Then you would have to take the head unit apart to see if the bulb need changing. It's a LOT of work just to get 2 buttons back lit, but if you feel mad enough to try it, put the kettle on and I'll give you a hand as I've had my car in bits so many times.

Jim

craigdonnelly
07-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Your help will be very much appreciated. I'll look into it further and find out comprehensively whats involved and get back to you. cheers mate!

mutley
07-08-2007, 11:08 PM
If we get this wee mini meet sorted out, then we can have a chat about it then.

Jim

NSX 2000
08-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Hi, Can someone tell me if the two buttons next to the cassette player on the right that say "eject" and "A.S." are supposed to light up with the rest of the dashboard lights?

I can't be possitive but don't they light up when in use. ie if you have tape playing in the tape deck then the light on the eject button comes on, and same for AS.
HTH.
Paul.

gsuds
08-08-2007, 08:31 AM
I'm currently using aftermarket ICE, so can't verify on my own car, but I THINK they're only functional when that function is in use....but I have been known to be wrong before....

Chuck in a C90 & see what happens before you take things apart!

G

simonprelude
08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Does anyone actually have any tapes still ??

NSX 2000
08-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Does anyone actually have any tapes still ??

Yes I've been listening to Now that's what I call music 15 recently, I think it's circa 1991, brings back some good memories.
Paul.

mutley
08-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Anyone want an 8-track......oops sorry just while we're going "retro"

I never thought about those only lighting up in use, so there you go Craig, find an antique shop, but a cassette and see if the light up in use?
Jim

HAHAHAHAHA Now 15, that is going back a bit, I remeber owning Now 2 many moons ago

Steveycaz
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
The AS button is a radio function so if it is supposed to light up you shouldn't need to put a tape in to find out.

NSXGB
08-08-2007, 11:11 AM
....just a slight tangent....but does everybody know that if you press the A.S. button when listening to CD's, it activates 'Random play'?

craigdonnelly
08-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah, A.S. stands for Auto Select which makes me think that if it's a function for the CD then it should light up.

Martin
08-08-2007, 08:09 PM
....just a slight tangent....but does everybody know that if you press the A.S. button when listening to CD's, it activates 'Random play'?

I didn't! I'm going to give that a go tomorrow! :-)

britlude
08-08-2007, 09:52 PM
does this help?

side lights only on, no cassette or ignition on!

(JDM head unit)

'a.select' automatically picks the best radio station signals for the preset buttons.

NSXGB
09-08-2007, 06:19 AM
does this help?

side lights only on, no cassette or ignition on!

(JDM head unit)

'a.select' automatically picks the best radio station signals for the preset buttons.

...Sorry, I got it wrong, if you press the Dolby button you get random play on your CD's....:redface:

britlude
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
NSXGB... I tried it, and indeed pressing 'a'select' whilst playing cd's gives my jdm head unit random cd selection. i'll try the Uk type when I fit it! (cheers Jim, it arrived this morning!)

NSXGB
09-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Not got my car at the moment, so I couldn't confirm myself. Off to pick up my car from the Stealership tomorrow & part with bundles of cash....