PDA

View Full Version : new exhaust / back lights help

nsx60
17-08-2007, 06:25 AM
Good morning nsx lovers , first post so here goes.
Owned 92 black manual for 3 yrs now , great car and will probably own it for another 3. Routine servicing and a cam belt only work done , however last week went in for service and new brake discs all round and the back box is giving up the ghost , had price off HUK , got up off the floor and went online to see if theres any alternatives. I figure for a grand there must be something a bit better than standard available , i`m not bothered about ridiculous performance improvements or lots of noise. Any ideas ? i`m located north notts and am a great cabinet maker but a lousy mechanic so it would be a supply and fit job. Also get lots of condensation in rear lights , any ideas on how to cure apart from new ones ??

thanks

steve

Lankstarr
17-08-2007, 06:39 AM
Hi Steve,

I just had all discs and pads replaced with aftermarket brakes fom the US. Got them from Dali racing (one of the nsxcb vendors). approx£500 all in and IMO far superior to the standard set up.

Back box you'd do well asking in wanted section as plentyof people are upgrading and may not want the originals - try Steveycaz... he's just about to upgrade. Or surf around on here to see whether maybe you want to consider an aftermarket one. Will make a big noise difference, in a good way?... depends on you.

Lights you'll have to live with pretty much. Saying that mine were half full of water when I got it (literally!). I took them off, drilled a small drainage hole in an inconspicuous place and then sealed them with silicone when putting them back in. I wasn't aware at the time but you can purchase replacement spongey seals for the lights. It is these that perish and cause leaks. Maybe order some when buying the brakes.

VTEC direct on here are a new UK based company that offer good prices on NSX bits. I don't know how they compare all in to the US prices but it will save you some hassle shipping them over... mind you my order with Dali was very painless and communication was excellent.

HTH

Luke

simonprelude
17-08-2007, 06:43 AM
Welcome.

Yes the standard exhaust is a little expensive, circa £3k if I remember when I was enquiring.

Alternatives, well there are 2 for sale on here (1 might have sold) but both will be louder than standard which might not be what you are after.

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3446

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1273
Old post but Dirk might still have something in stock.

There are quite a few others made and yes around £1k will be the price you will need to pay, but again the majority are less restrictive and therefore louder.

Condensation in the rear lights, you have 3 alternatives, either drill small holes on the lower edge of the light cluster where they can't be seen to allow the condensation to drip away, strip the units down and try to reseal them or buy new clusters.

Lankstarr
17-08-2007, 06:52 AM
Also should mention... I have lots of cilica get sachets stuffed behind the carpet all around my light clusters. They do make a difference and I now very rarely get condensation problems. If I do they clear in a day.

Luke

TheSebringOne
17-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Welcome! I agree with the others, but you might struggle to get something like the oem exhaust if noise/performance is'nt vital for reasonable price. You could try VtecDirect here as he imports from Japan where majority of parts are made and get someone to fit for you. It may be quite a bit cheaper than Honda UK, but aftermarket may still be better value, which means you may have to go this route. At least it might be stainless quality, unlike the mild steel oem. Someone may have a 2nd hand one, but you might want new? Also if you buy fom US, with its great exchange rate, but pay shipping it here, plus 22% tax (vat + import duty), plus courier fee or pick up at airport!

HTH :)