PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel size

Kevin
29-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Can someone, with Type-S or R, tell me how big the steering wheel is? Is it a 320mm or 350mm?

I have just got a Momo Tuner from the States, brand new, but from a private seller. It's a 320mm wheel.

I don't want the steering to be so heavy I can't turn the wheel. So I would rather sell this wheel unused, than use it.

Senninha
29-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Kevin,

OEM Type R is 350mm

regards, Paul

Kevin
29-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Nuts.
I wonder if my steering is going to be too heavy? It's tiring enough as it is on the track. I have got spacers on the hub to bring the wheel closer so;

a. It should reduce the effort
b. I can twist my leg to be able to heel and toe. At the moment I have no legroom

But going to a smaller wheel was not part of the plan.

markc
29-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi Kevin,

I retrofitted a 350mm Momo Tuner to my car as it came with the airbag/cruise option.

I have 350mm Integra Type R wheel (a.k.a. Momo Tuner but with a slightly thicker rim and red stitching) that you can have to try or keep if you like it. Gratis to you as it's a good home :) It's not new but is in pretty good nick.

I tried the Integra one before changing again to a brand new Momo Tuner for the purely asthetic reason that the Type R wheel is finished in black and I prefered anthracite... matches my knob (gear) better!

Here's a pic of the 2 wheels together...

Cheers

Mark

TheQuietOne
29-08-2007, 09:34 PM
What a lovely club we are...:)

mutley
30-08-2007, 12:33 AM
Is there an aftermarket wheel that you can keep the cruise control?? Yeah I know I hardly use it, but it's good to know it's there if I want it. Not too fussed about the airbag, in fact I've got to the way of thinking that my car was so neglected in the past I doubt the airbag is even there!!

Jim

Senninha
30-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Jim,

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86335

Have a look at this thread on Prime. Erick is currently researching a 'modern' replacement to the OEM airbag wheel set-up, with the option to retain cruise control.

You can buy the Momo wheel (with or without quick release hub) and have additional button either side of the lower spoke.

regards, Paul

mutley
30-08-2007, 10:44 AM
I think that finding a wheel that you can attach the buttons to wold be fairly simple, but it's th wiring that might cause a problem.
I quite like that look of this one

Jim

forumadmin
30-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Mark, I'll take the Integra wheel.

My Momo Tuner has red stitching.

For sale: one new Momo Tuner 320mm wheel!

TheSebringOne
30-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Sorry for gate crashing this thread! Kevin, why did you buy this 320mm turner in the first instance, very spontaneous are we! :D Me post thread first & then buy! ;)

Kevin
30-08-2007, 06:10 PM
I spotted it for sale on Prime. Didn't mention size, and I didn't think to ask.

Me act first, think later.

Silver Surfer
30-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Sorry for gate crashing this thread! Kevin, why did you buy this 320mm turner in the first instance, very spontaneous are we! :D Me post thread first then again, then again & then again some more then think about buying! ;)

SS ;):laugh:

dan the man
30-08-2007, 09:37 PM
whats the deal with the boss'x?

Im playing catchup really.. whats the NRG boss? And the original R boss is it colapsable whereas other aftermarket boss's are not..?

Senninha
30-08-2007, 11:02 PM
My Momo Tuner has red stitching.

For sale: one new Momo Tuner 320mm wheel!
Suitable for PAS model NSX or driver with forearms like Popeye (or Ary) :laugh:

TheQuietOne
30-08-2007, 11:24 PM
Suitable for PAS model NSX or driver with forearms like Popeye (or Ary) :laugh:

Where did that quote come from?

Kevin
31-08-2007, 06:51 AM
I got a boss from Dali. It's a proper Honda part for the Type-R.

I know its made by Momo, but they don't sell it direct. You're right in that it should be collapsible, like all Momo's really. I didn't fancy the solid alloy ones for that reason.

However some of the alloy ones allow the cables to pass through thus making fitting and wiring more simple. I'll need to either remove the wiring, and tuck it under the steering column cover, or cut the hub to get the wires to come through.

whats the deal with the boss'x?

Im playing catchup really.. whats the NRG boss? And the original R boss is it colapsable whereas other aftermarket boss's are not..?

Senninha
31-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Where did that quote come from?

AR Wrote
I tell you what lads having big forearms and big hands is a pain in the neck.
from this thread here...http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3414

regards, Paul

Ciaran
02-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Hi Kevin, you said (at the start) that you have spacers to bring the wheel closer. Where did you get them, and are they hard to fit. My wheel is to far away, particularly for track use...

Kevin
02-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Yes, I got a spacer for just that reason. I got mine from Dali with the boss, but they are available from Demon Tweeks and places like that.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SSW01595B

AR
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM
LOL Non PAS forearm:

Ciaran
09-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the info on the boss Kevin,

I'll contact Mark

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Ary, was that your own arm or a body double !? Good workout with the X then! :D