PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest UK NSX?

Rob_Fenn
31-08-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/227898.htm

How difficult is it to change from auto > manual?

gumball
31-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Certainly a lot more expensive than the price difference between the two.

TheSebringOne
31-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Thats very cheap, even for an Auto!? £7K for a Auto Gearbox rebuild, would'nt it been better to source a 2nd hand one? I noted the sill looked orange in the sun, which was strange or is that ageing paint?! Finally, I wander whose 02+ alloys hes got on? Cheap for someone if auto is no issue.

Rob_Fenn
03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
I spotted the wheels, thought selling them might fund the manual box! There is a bargain green manual in Scotland but it's still quite a bit more (but with almost half the mileage).

Senninha
03-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Amo would of had a good box in the Combe parts car (ex Kevin g'box) but I dont know if it sold. Apart from mating the box etc dont forget the engine will have lower bhp and different torque characteristics to suit the auto, which if I've read the add properly, has already been refurbed.

Personally, I would buy as is and use as an auto. If only I could justify as a daily driver :no:

regards, Paul

simonprelude
03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Shame he won't sell the wheels seperately, could have made a tidy £1k and not affected the selling price.

Tempted to buy it, run it for a few months and sell without the 17's.

Rob_Fenn
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, true, could almost be a 'free' short term NSX owning opportunity.

Andeh
15-09-2007, 02:19 AM
Hello everyone. I'm a newbie. :rolleyes:

My father is the lucky new owner of this NSX. We went down to Brighton a couple of weeks ago for a good look at the car. All went well, and the rest as they say is history.

The reason i've registered on here rather than my father is i'm a bit more internet savvy than the old boy. No doubt if he has any questions or queries he'll ask me and i can direct them to you chaps/chapesses.

I think it's fair to say the car has gone to a good home. My father has been hankering for an NSX since they first came out. At the time he was working for Coupers Honda in St.Albans. Both he and i are big Honda fans. He currently has a Legend and until recently we both had 4th gen 2.2 VTEC Preludes. Sadly his was stolen a few weeks ago.

So there you go, apologies for the essay. Hope to chat to some of you soon.

Andy

TheSebringOne
15-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Welcome Andy and to your dad! We are a happy and helpful community here! We look forward to your your threads or your dads! :) What reg is our dad's Legend, if its an earlier model, then it will share the same 3.0 litre motor with the NSX! :)

TheSebringOne
15-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Sorry, I forgot to say your dad got a bargain X! :thumbsup:

dan the man
15-09-2007, 04:14 PM
welcome in ;)

Andeh
16-09-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the welcome chaps!

The Legend is a 93 on a K, so yeah, it shares some dna with the NSX. Albeit a very small amount.

I think we're both really looking forward to picking the car up. It was difficult to be subjective when looking at the car initially. It's such a fine looking thing. The old boy has even agreed to let me drive the car back. Here's to my first (hopefully not my last) driving experience in the X.

Decent photos to follow.

Cheers

Andy

TheQuietOne
16-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Just take it steady, it will be a very different experience to what you've had before...not trying to patronise, we're probably the same age, but my first drive home was pretty interesting!

Looked a fine car, and the wheels make it a bargain! :D

Andeh
16-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Just take it steady, it will be a very different experience to what you've had before...not trying to patronise, we're probably the same age, but my first drive home was pretty interesting!

Looked a fine car, and the wheels make it a bargain! :D

Thanks for the words of advice. I will indeed be taking it steady, and i'll be leaving the TCS button well alone too. :D

I wonder, how old do you think i am? (No cheating by looking at my profile)

Cheers,

Andy

TheQuietOne
17-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the words of advice. I will indeed be taking it steady, and i'll be leaving the TCS button well alone too. :D

I wonder, how old do you think i am? (No cheating by looking at my profile)

Cheers,

Andy

I'd say about 25...;) Just two years in it then! :D