PDA

View Full Version : Getting started...

BabyG
02-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Following up on the intro in the newbies' section, something a little more taxing! Any help appreciated.

Couple of questions:
- I've looked at the insurance discussions up recently (AON, Churchill, RAC seem to be king). Any other thoughts for a 28yr old who lives in London and has 6 additional extras on his licence? I'd really like a policy that includes some track days as otherwise I'm unlikely to risk it! Could be a killer as I'm looking at 10k/year and need business use as well :eek:

- I'm going for belts, braces, safety pins and a bit more but I'm looking to trailer the car to guildford for the service. I'm new to Honda build quality and the cambelt replacement is overdue, I couldn't bear anything to happen on the first drive! Can anyone recommend a good company to trailer it from Yeovil to Guildford, best I've had so far is £155. Not keen on the AA/RAC option :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Rich

AR
02-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Following up on the intro in the newbies' section, something a little more taxing! Any help appreciated.

Couple of questions:
- I've looked at the insurance discussions up recently (AON, Churchill, RAC seem to be king). Any other thoughts for a 28yr old who lives in London and has 6 additional extras on his licence? I'd really like a policy that includes some track days as otherwise I'm unlikely to risk it! Could be a killer as I'm looking at 10k/year and need business use as well :eek:

- I'm going for belts, braces, safety pins and a bit more but I'm looking to trailer the car to guildford for the service. I'm new to Honda build quality and the cambelt replacement is overdue, I couldn't bear anything to happen on the first drive! Can anyone recommend a good company to trailer it from Yeovil to Guildford, best I've had so far is £155. Not keen on the AA/RAC option :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Rich

Mate jnust drive it easy and Bob's your uncle!

YMMV.

Cheers,

Ary

Silver Surfer
03-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Yep, Agree with ARy

Just take it easy and drive it up there .......as long as it is taxed.

SS

NSXGB
03-09-2007, 07:16 AM
If you live in North London, why don't you take the car to Chiswick or Norton Way Honda for the service? I think they a lot closer for you and you'll get a courtesy car .....Your belt will not go, they are good for a lot more miles than Honda suggest.

amo
03-09-2007, 09:01 AM
hi mate try caterham insurance im with them they include 5 track days
iv yet to get on track lol
thx amo

Rob_Fenn
03-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Plans Motorsport are basd at Dunsfold in Guildsford. Chiwick has to to be the ultimate PITA to get to!

Silver Surfer
03-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Norton Way will be the easiest to grt to.

SS