PDA

View Full Version : Very cheap Silver 2001 on Autotrader

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:17 PM
No.

Hope someone gets a bargain, but why would someone advertise a car that cheap (especially as it is a 1 owner car as well, big hit on depreciation)

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw1a+1aa&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=37&ukcarsearch_full.y=2&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=6&distance=116&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200736294348936

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Manual, 11,500 miles, Silver. ABS, Air bags, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Body coloured bumpers, Central locking, Climate control, Cruise control, Electric windows, Electric seats, PAS, ICE (six speakers). One owner from first reg. 13.07.2001. Only. £26,500

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Nothing on DVLA though for the plate ??

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:30 PM
If anyone wants me to have a look at this, it's less than 30 miles away from me.

TheSebringOne
07-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Simon, maybe its worth a quick trip just to check out whether this is an genuine unmolested car for that unbelievable price. I would have price it around early £30Ks, more like £32K-£33K, especially with 11.5K miles on the clock !! :)

TheSebringOne
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Think a Trader would snap that up and stick a much higher price tag in the early £30Ks I would think! I would if I was in the trade. :(

AR
07-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Maybe it's had a bump? Only way it can have that little miles? Maybe I am just paranoid. I hope they done the cambelt.

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Not an issue if they haven't, it's only a maximum of 2 months overdue.

I hope they done the cambelt.

nsx_vtec
07-09-2007, 01:58 PM
that is a bargin!

Hate this, again to early for me!!!! :(

Not that it will happen hope it does not sell for a few months, then again if it doesnt probs something wrong with it!!!!

m33ufo
07-09-2007, 02:57 PM
It's had a new rear wing a couple of years ago - hit while stationary by a council wagon!

I was hoping to see it tomorrow but the owner is away until late Sunday. Plus..unfortunately...he's given first refusal to a chap who is seeing it Monday morning. I've asked him to give me a call if it doesn't go through.

Who knows, it's possible I shall temporarily have a CSL and an NSX and be able to give you a proper comparison ;)

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
As long as it was only a wing that was damaged (photo evidence to support) then I can't see it affecting the value (well not by over £5k anyway) so either the owner does not know the current state of the NSX market (advertised on autotrader so should do) or it might have more than a superficial damage claim against it.

Did it used to have a private plate (did you ask) as the current plate comes back with no details on a HPI search.

It's had a new rear wing a couple of years ago - hit while stationary by a council wagon!

I was hoping to see it tomorrow but the owner is away until late Sunday. Plus..unfortunately...he's given first refusal to a chap who is seeing it Monday morning. I've asked him to give me a call if it doesn't go through.

Who knows, it's possible I shall temporarily have a CSL and an NSX and be able to give you a proper comparison ;)

nsx_vtec
07-09-2007, 03:22 PM
when u say rear wing, do u mean bumper lights etc...?

is this on the record?

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
I'd imagine

http://i2.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/33/db/e5_1_b.JPG

but very likely bumper, lights etc also.

when u say rear wing, do u mean bumper lights etc...?

is this on the record?

kevinpsw
07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
He said I was the 8th caller.

He sounded a straight sort of bloke. Selling because the car doesn't get used. Apparently everything on the car is fine and it has had annual services but nothing major like clutch or cam belt. I'll be there like a rat up a drainpipe if the insurance on mine pays out well enough and promptly.

So, we could have a race on our hands if the guy on Monday doesn't buy. Unfortunately, I live 114 miles away.

If anyone does go and see it, please post the details on the site. Mostly in life, if things seem too good to be true, they are!

m33ufo
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Sorry, I didn't pursue it more than a rear wing. The car was apparently parked in St.Davids and when he returned it had been clipped by a council lorry.

He sounds a totally genuine chap who has decided to sell the car simply due to lack of use - hence the 11000 miles. He has it serviced annually every July by Honda so I imagine they would have completed any scheduled maintenance.

m33ufo
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
is this on the record?

If it was a local authority vehicle that hit the car then the claim would have gone through the usual insurance channels and so be registered.

nsx_vtec
07-09-2007, 03:51 PM
with that in mind,

And having a mark on the record, id say its not really a bargin.

Think about it......for a sec....ur going be buying a Cat D car after all, as we all know its a bugger to sell it a few years down the line.

makes me feel a little better as i thought im going to miss out on this mint deal.

I wouldnt want a repaired car full stop!

m33ufo
07-09-2007, 03:54 PM
with that in mind,

Think about it......for a sec....ur going be buying a Cat D car after all, as we all know its a bugger to sell it a few years down the line.

makes me feel a little better as i thought im going to miss out on this mint deal.

Isn't it only Cat D if it's been written off? That certainly wouldn't be the case here, just a grands worth of wing and paint surely?

simonprelude
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
It won't be a Cat D.

Category D:

Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. When fixed can be re-registered as damaged repaired.

It will not have anything registered against it will be my guess, so honest owner who would rather tell people about any accident than let them find out (maybe through dealer network etc)

with that in mind,

m33ufo
07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
He said I was the 8th caller.

He sounded a straight sort of bloke. Selling because the car doesn't get used. Apparently everything on the car is fine and it has had annual services but nothing major like clutch or cam belt. I'll be there like a rat up a drainpipe if the insurance on mine pays out well enough and promptly.

So, we could have a race on our hands if the guy on Monday doesn't buy. Unfortunately, I live 114 miles away.

If anyone does go and see it, please post the details on the site. Mostly in life, if things seem too good to be true, they are!

In all likelihood if it's as good as it sounds and the guy going to see it first thing on Monday is genuine with the cash then it's as good as sold. Shame, I have Monday off work :D

I'm pretty sure that if PDI'd the repair costs would come up but obviously not as CAT D or any type of write-off.

nsx_vtec
07-09-2007, 04:08 PM
just spoken to my mate who understands insurance a little more than me.

If its been repaired by the insures it will be on the record as damage but repaired!

Just to let you know i spoke to this guy and discribes the car as immaculate and as if it ever had a bump he replied "no, nope not all".

think that there a few skeletons in the closet.

Depends how u look at the car, if you buy it drive put lets say 25K miles on it and sell it in a 3/4 years u will struggle as every buyer will want a clean exmaple for the top price.

Dont know about you guys a car or should i say a super car is all about balance and have a lorry up its back puts me off as you will never know the true damage.

lets be hoenst its far from a bargin with that happening.

m33ufo
07-09-2007, 04:29 PM
My personal opinion is that 50% of cars this age have probably had a minor prang of some kind and a PDI would identify the date of the accident and possibly the value of repairs.

I think it's worth the asking price all day long - and I'm a hard bugger when it comes to haggling on prices lol.

You cant get much more genuine than a 6 year old car with just 1 owner from new - IMHO of course.

AR
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Low miles + prang = long time for repairs and insurance pay off.

PS Distance is nothing I once drove to Chelmsford to buy one when the owner decided to up the price by £ 500 so be careful guys.

Cheers,

AR

AR
07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Not an issue if they haven't, it's only a maximum of 2 months overdue.

It was 5 years then magically Honda went for 6 to pleased the Americans.

Yet the part number is the same???

Long threads on Prime, YMMV and all that but I would rather do it at 5 than 6.

Nick Graves
07-09-2007, 06:00 PM
My personal opinion is that 50% of cars this age have probably had a minor prang of some kind and a PDI would identify the date of the accident and possibly the value of repairs.

I think it's worth the asking price all day long - and I'm a hard bugger when it comes to haggling on prices lol.

You cant get much more genuine than a 6 year old car with just 1 owner from new - IMHO of course.

I'd agree with that; and the rear wings bolt on! So it might have been swapped rather than re-shaped.

Thing is with NSXs, the market (was) very small, so if the guy needs cash, he will have to price it keen to sell it quick.

Door seal looks wonky on the N/S window area, but lubricant might fix that.

Sports car buyers will usually travel far further than repmobile buyers for the right car; it's a different psychology.

OK, there's all the usual secondhand car caveats, but it's gotta be worth a look.

Nice find, Si!

DamianW
07-09-2007, 07:56 PM
Christ on a bike thats cheap... If its genuine someone snap it up quick before it ruins all your residuals!

AR
07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Christ on a bike thats cheap... If its genuine someone snap it up quick before it ruins all your residuals!

The joys of owning an older car, soon to have 100k on the clock. :)

Silver Surfer
07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
It's cheap cos it's silver! :laugh:;):laugh:

Red/black rules.

SS

NB Bargain really!!!

c11nky
07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
If it was a red one he'd be GIVING it away!

TheSebringOne
07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Those Red/Blacks are sooo common and that may keep red car residuals lower! :D:laugh:

PeteM
08-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Did it used to have a private plate (did you ask) as the current plate comes back with no details on a HPI search.

This would be my biggest concern that the plate doesn't show up on a HPI search.

I know of a car that was recorded damaged on one registration plate. The car had a plate change since being repaired but the damage didn't show up on a HPI search with the car on the new registration number !

Seems the HPI searches are not 100% reliable but I personally would at least like to see it recognise a car / registration plate. :shocked:

TheQuietOne
08-09-2007, 06:18 PM
If it was a red one he'd be GIVING it away!

...and if it was that dirty green colour he'd actually be having to pay for it to be collected!!

(two can play at that game):D

TheQuietOne
08-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Those Red/Blacks are sooo common and that may keep red car residuals lower! :D:laugh:

James, 'quick colour' envy is something you can get a discount on if you mention NSXCB at www.ineednsxenvycounselling.org.net :laugh:

m33ufo
08-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Bit late now but just realised i was saying PDI and not HPI....duhhhh!

:rolleyes:

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 12:28 AM
TSO! Me envious & in need of counselling! No way Jose! :no: That website you suggested, you are obviously very familiar with this site then! :D

m33ufo
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Not had a call back from the seller so I assume it's been sold.

jaytip
11-09-2007, 02:24 AM
Hey TQO, I just noticed your sig,p!$$ed myself laughing when i read it.

m33ufo
11-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Did anyone here actually buy the NSX????????

Had an email back from the guy yesterday which said that the car was actually sold on Sunday, a little annoying when he said previously that it wasn't available for viewing until yesterday by anyone.

I guess someone was VERY eager.

simonprelude
18-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Not surprisingly :(

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw1a+1aa&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=65&ukcarsearch_full.y=11&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=4&distance=47&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200738294883857

Manual, 11,500 miles, 2001 (Y Reg), U.K Car, 6 Speed Manual, Geniune 11,500 MILES With Full Service History, 1 Former Keeper From New, Metalic Silver, Black Electric Leather Seats, ABS, Power Steering, Air Conditioning, Alloy Wheels, Body Coloured Bumpers, Central locking, Climate control, Airbags, Cruise Control, Electric Windows/Mirrors, Front Pop-up Lights,Front Fog Lights, Removable Targa Top, Tracker Fitted, Genuine Car, Serious Calls Only Please. Will Not Find Another One Like This. Please Call To Arrange Viewing. £33,950. OVNO

simonprelude
18-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Looking for £7.5k profit in a week, not bad work if you can get it.

Car is now 47 miles away from SW1A 1AA at Bedford cars rather than 116 miles away at a private sellers, so relisted for profit.

TheSebringOne
19-09-2007, 01:24 AM
I must admit it looks great and with the perforated leather seats. Looks like mine, but with a pop off roof! Think the new seller should have at least close the boot properly! I wander how many NA2s pop up in Sebring Silver were sold in the UK? Simon?

jaytip
19-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Call me a sadisitic bastard,but i hope it sits on his forecourt for years:angry:
Somebody who trully appreciates and longs for one of these cars could have had themselves depreciation free motoring(and enjoyment)for years,but instead it gets snapped up by a guy who doesn't give a toss about the car,he just wants to make a quick buck.

kevinpsw
19-09-2007, 12:49 PM
I agree entirely, especially as I rang up the seller not long after the trader had got himself first refusal. We should all brief against the vendor! Don't buy the Silver one for more than £28k.

DamianW
19-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Come on guys, calm down. A trader saw an opportunity and snapped it up, fair play to him.

kevinpsw
19-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Easy to say when your phone call wasn't just 10-15 mins late. I know, I must get over it.

NSXGB
19-09-2007, 07:10 PM
....have you contacted the seller? Why don't you offer him £1k or £2k more than you know he bought it for. He might be shrewd enough to make a quick few grand against the possibility of having it sitting around for a while. And you know you are still getting it at a good price.