http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50658&highlight=melted+valance

NSXGB
09-09-2007, 08:41 AM
This one?
For sale on Autotrader at the moment...

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=596151146

simonprelude
09-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh dear, wonder if it is the seller or previous.

Seller 'could' be unaware.

simonprelude
09-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Car is in the York area though :(

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&hassearched=Y&make=HONDA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=NSX&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=yo1+1aa&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0&ukcarsearch_full.x=0&ukcarsearch_full.y=0&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH&start=8&distance=17&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200736294153922

AR
09-09-2007, 10:45 AM
I think we such a small community we shall all look out for this type of thing. That way if someone wants to buy a numped car they can adjust price accordingly.

simonprelude
09-09-2007, 11:51 AM
http://www.wreckedexotics.com/nsx/nsx_20050417_002.shtml

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/nsx/nsx_20050417_001.shtml

TheSebringOne
09-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Anyone know how old that Prime thread is? I saw that car on Autotrader over 6 months ago, how old is the ad? Its a long time for the car not to be sold? Maybe this is the car after its been repaired? Be wary!

Papalazarou
09-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow, this is an awkward thread, especially if it's the car I think it is. A bit of a dilemma really.

I mean, if you were an NSXCB member selling your car and someone posted a pic like this, how would you feel? I'm not sure what the answer is and I'm not calling judgement in any way.

Cheers,

James.

rsevo6
09-09-2007, 12:31 PM
If the car was repaired in a professional manner, what is the problem? Doesn't look like too bad a damage to me.

AR
09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I mean, if you were an NSXCB member selling your car and someone posted a pic like this, how would you feel?

If the current owner new nothing about it then fair enough and I would feel bad for him being taken. If he was just passing it on then it is no different than the yellow "R".

Papalazarou
09-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Agreed. It's important to be honest about the car you're selling. I just feel bad for the guy who's currently selling if he had no prior knowledge of the accident.

As rsevo6 said, as long as the repair is sound there's not a problem. My current car's had a wing, or at least paint on a wing at some point. I knew that when I bought it and the repair was fine. No problem.

Cheers,

James.

AR
09-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Mine had paint work done before and all is OK with me.

As long as one knows.

simonprelude
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM
Manual, 40,000 miles, Mauve. Cruise control, Drivers airbag, Passenger airbag, ABS, Traction control, Central locking.f.s.h,New Clutch,Tax and test,Tracker,cat 1 alarm,Pristine condition. £29,985. ono

Mine had paint work done before and all is OK with me.

As long as one knows.

I think that's the issue, the price would indicate a pristine 100% true car.
Wonder if the owner does know, if not then :cantlook:, if so then :shakefist:

dan the man
10-09-2007, 06:39 AM
PRISTINE condition could be true, as its been sprayed front and rear and if a good job will be mint. nothing wrong with paint if its done correctly imo..

the accident wasnt a major from looking at the photos.

simonprelude
10-09-2007, 08:22 AM
5th May 2005, so the thread is nearly 2 and a half years old then.

The car has been for sale on autotrader for a while (nearly a year according to my database) and has done 8000 miles since it was first listed, the price hasn't altered though :)

Anyone know how old that Prime thread is? I saw that car on Autotrader over 3 months ago, how old is the ad? Its a long time for the car not to be sold? Maybe this is the car after its been repaired? Be wary!

NSXGB
10-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Doing a bit of detective work, I would say even though the current owner lives near to where it's reported on Prime, he was not the owner at the time of the accident. If you look at his posts armed with the latest info, all becomes clear. Read them and you'll see what I mean....

simonprelude
10-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Yes, I get it now.

Hmm wonder if he was sold the car not knowing about the damage then :(

As people have said, it only looks cosmetic damage, however would insist on a full geometry report from someone similar to Chris Franklin If I was looking at buying the car.

Doing a bit of detective work, I would say even though the current owner lives near to where it's reported on Prime, he was not the owner at the time of the accident. If you look at his posts armed with the latest info, all becomes clear. Read them and you'll see what I mean....

Rob_Fenn
10-09-2007, 10:26 AM
I think some of this is uncalled for. Sure, the car was damaged a reasonable amount but if wasn't a write off, then why on earth would he say it has had it repaired?

For all we know the car may of got a full respray and brand new parts, justifying the words 'pristine condition.'

NSXGB
10-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I think you are right Rob in some respects.
I feel for the bloke who's selling the car if he did not know.
This site is here for passing on info, good or bad. Should we just get the thread deleted?
If it were me selling the car, I would not advertise the fact it had been repaired, especially if it were not recorded HPI wise.
The car can still be be pristine if repaired properly and if you believe what has been written, it has.
I think I would still look at the car but would get an AA or such like inspection.
What car of this age has not had some sort of repair?

Senninha
10-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Having just completed a successful 170mph run down a local 3 mile stretch of road ....
not the sort of info to post on a forum when the limit is 100mph less than the claim ... would think the BIB would not be too impressed.

As for the repairs, if all done correctly, not a problem. Only issue for me would be if its the same owner making the claims ... what else isn't being disclosed?

jaytip
11-09-2007, 02:00 AM
So to all you guys saying "if repaired correctly no problem,only looks cosmetic"etc etc etc,would you stump up the asking price for the car now that you have seen the pictures and been told there was 10K of repairs done?(although i think 80 hours labour and the parts listed would take it way over 10K) I certainly wouldn't and i don't think any of you would either.20K yes, 30K no way

TheSebringOne
11-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I certainly wouldn't at nearly £30K, but maybe low £20K to max £25K if I really wanted one in that colour and it was repaired authentically by Honda technicians and in their paintshop!