PDA

View Full Version : Rear lighting/reflective strip.

Ferris Bueller
16-09-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm going to court controversy here but.....

Has anyone looked at making a replacement for the rear lighting strip that runs the width of the car? It would seem to be one part suggesting a replacement moulding should be do-able. Something more contemporary, and dare I say Italian, could freshen the rear end nicely.

Has someone had a go already?

TheQuietOne
16-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Do you mean the third brake light? If so just get yourself an older car and your wishes will be granted....I'm sure if you sell both kidneys you could secure a Golden Calf CF one too! :D

Ferris Bueller
16-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Do you mean the third brake light? If so just get yourself an older car and your wishes will be granted....I'm sure if you sell both kidneys you could secure a Golden Calf CF one too! :D

Nope. I mean the actual brake/indicator etc section with the reflective strip.

A Type R wing is on the wish list. I don't think it would look right against LBB body colour though.

Kevin
16-09-2007, 11:19 AM
The rear lights are three separate pieces.

TheSebringOne
16-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Was going to suggest a 02+ upgrade, but just notice you have a LBB, so thats what you have already! I think you will struggle to find after market set of rear lights. Have you looked at SOS or Dali or maybe ask Bazza (NXSVTEC) ? I think alot of us with the pre 02+ would love to have the 02+ lights!

dan the man
16-09-2007, 04:12 PM
the typeR wing colour coded would look awsome imo