PDA

View Full Version : First proper drive

Steve
20-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Drove my car From Tamworth to Knutsford on Wednesday. First time I've really done any miles in it. I had a grin from ear to ear all the way there and all the way back.

The car is everything that I want it to be, fast, looks fantastic, handles great, everything works and I can't wait for the next journey.

Some advice please. The Guy I bought the car from had the wheels anodized Gunmetal grey, which I kinda like, but being yellow I also like white wheels. Heres a pic of a yellow NSX with white wheels

http://www.autoweb.co.uk/car_detail.asp?cdID=1268759

What do you think of the colour match???

TheQuietOne
20-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Excellent, now you really have the bug!

FWIW the only person on this forum with white wheels on a non NSX-R really has no idea about the NSX, so I'm not sure it is the look you should be going for! :D (P.S. 10 points if you can tell me who I'm talking about?)

Joking apart as you have a Targa and I assume it has a yellow roof I would think the white would look OK. I don't think they suit the black topped cars...

Looking forward to meeting up before long, I just need to stop working so many hours and have time to head up the motorway towards you first!

Regards, Matt.

Steve
20-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Hav'ent a clue who that is!!
Yes it does have a yellow roof but can't quite make my mind up..

Maybe do a Sat pm sometime?? Where in Worc are you???

BabyG
20-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I finally get my hands on mine tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be the same! White wheels on yellow works well for me - agree better without the black roof

simonprelude
20-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Kevin has white wheels on a non NSX-R ??

FWIW the only person on this forum with white wheels on a non NSX-R really has no idea about the NSX, so I'm not sure it is the look you should be going for! :D (P.S. 10 points if you can tell me who I'm talking about?)

TheQuietOne
20-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Hav'ent a clue who that is!!
Yes it does have a yellow roof but can't quite make my mind up..

Maybe do a Sat pm sometime?? Where in Worc are you???

Sorry , it's the boss (Kevin/forumadmin), he has the real deal NSX-R white wheels on his black track car (probably see pics in the vb garage). I think he is entertaining selling his actually...

I'm based in Redditch about 5 mins off junction 2 of the M42. Would be good to meet up while the weather is still OK, one NSX looks good but two together is always a special sight!

TheQuietOne
20-09-2007, 08:45 PM
Kevin has white wheels on a non NSX-R ??

'twas a joke nobby....:no:

Senninha
20-09-2007, 09:06 PM
LMAO ... come on Simon, keep up o ryou just having a busy day :)

Steve
20-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry , it's the boss (Kevin/forumadmin), he has the real deal NSX-R white wheels on his black track car (probably see pics in the vb garage). I think he is entertaining selling his actually...

I'm based in Redditch about 5 mins off junction 2 of the M42. Would be good to meet up while the weather is still OK, one NSX looks good but two together is always a special sight!Just let me know where and when. I am happy to meet in Redditch somewhere.

NSXGB
20-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Kevin thinking of selling his wheels or car? I'm sure I could find a good home for the wheels....have to repaint them silver though - is that sacriledge?

TheQuietOne
20-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Flipping heck we actually have another member who is keen to meet up! As I said I'd do last week I'll PM you my number and we can arrange to meet up soon!

Senninha
20-09-2007, 09:36 PM
White on Yellow, IMO, would only work with the black top and black rear spoiler option.

You dont need to repaint as its possible to have a vinyl wrap that can be removed in the future.

just my 2p's worth

regards, Paul

NSXGB
20-09-2007, 09:40 PM
White on Yellow, IMO, would only work with the black top and black rear spoiler option.

You dont need to repaint as its possible to have a vinyl wrap that can be removed in the future.

just my 2p's worth

regards, Paul

....not a carbon wrap?? I'm disappointed at you Paul. :)

TheQuietOne
20-09-2007, 09:48 PM
....not a carbon wrap?? I'm disappointed at you Paul. :)

Classic...poor old Paul the old CF gag comes out at every opportunity (I'm just jealous I missed the chance this time Simon).

dan the man
20-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Ive had this on my mind ever since i got yellow.

Now a few others are on the case!

as the picture above by Paul shows, it looks awsome and my wheels are getting done very soon. then the wing to come etc..

dan the man
20-09-2007, 09:57 PM
PS. tamworth aint a million miles away for a north meet :)

Paul how do u link pics like that?

Steve
20-09-2007, 10:46 PM
I am up for a meet and am happy to travel

dan the man
20-09-2007, 10:48 PM
Ok will see what goes in next few weeks, get my wrist better then put out the vibe

(dumb and dumber stylee..lol)

amo
21-09-2007, 01:04 AM
hi steve i think white wheels look really good on most colours

thx amo

Senninha
21-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Paul how do u link pics like that?
Simply saved to my pc then post as normal ... thats as techy as I get with pc's :)

....not a carbon wrap?? I'm disappointed at you Paul. :) ...thought I'd keep this for myself ;)

Rob_Fenn
21-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I think white wheels can look great in photos, with a lovely setting. But i'm not sure about in the dreary UK when driving about normally.

gumball
21-09-2007, 08:24 AM
All yellow car with white wheels could look a bit Duplo, needs some dark for contrast. On the other hand, red/black with white wheels :think:

simonprelude
21-09-2007, 08:30 AM
So where's my 10 points, nobby ??
Oh I remember, on your driving licence :)

TheSebringOne
21-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Baby G ,good luck and have a great time when you pick up your very own NSX! :thumbsup:

Dan, great idea about a North West meet soon! Look foward to meeting you Steve since Tamworths not too far! These yellows are a tad common up these parts, but more the merrier! Knutsfords only 20 miles from me! :)

I think white wheels can look good on yellow, but has to be a certain style. I know one set of white wheels would definately look great, but will cost you an arm and a leg, the oems Type R NSX 17s! :(

I know someone here thought about having green wheel!?! :eek:

TheQuietOne
22-09-2007, 07:39 AM
So where's my 10 points, nobby ??
Oh I remember, on your driving licence :)

They weren't on offer to TheKnowledgeableOne! -10 for daring to ask....

Do you REALLY want to start comparing licence history on here Si? :D

dan the man
22-09-2007, 12:02 PM
i dont mind green on yellow..j a p styleee!

TheSebringOne
22-09-2007, 12:11 PM
DTM, if I had a choice bewteen green or white wheels, the white would suit more colour options. With a yellow car, you could get away with green just about, but you've got to be slightly wild and DGAS! Having said that green says track wheels to me or I'm a extrovert! :D

dan the man
22-09-2007, 12:12 PM
No James i am getting white. ;)

Steve
22-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Who in their right mind would have green wheels???

Will have to give some serious consideration to the white wheels.

Happy to meet anywhere with anyone!!!!

simonprelude
22-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Mine is clean thanks :)

Do you REALLY want to start comparing licence history on here Si? :D

TheQuietOne
22-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Mine is clean thanks :)

....:eek::eek::D....