PDA

View Full Version : Tinted Windows

Boomin33
23-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Looking at the pic of the Yellow one on Ebay gets me thinking again.

Originally i wanted to tint the windows - pretty dark on rear and a slight tint on the side windows.
Ivan at Chiswick talked me out of it.

Has anyone else gone down this route? What sort of tint could I get away with?

Sure it's not everyones taste, ..maybe just the SoCal dealer/ganster in me rising to the surface...

dan the man
23-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Mt DC5 had rear privacy and looked great for it.

Ive thought about it for the X but i dont think its as convincing as on a hatch/coupe.

TheQuietOne
23-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Lankstarr has tinted windows - but that is purely for work reasons, he's PimpStarr on a Saturday night! :D

I'd go light if I were you on the orange all round.

britlude
23-09-2007, 04:54 PM
the police have been getting hot about tints, you're not supposed to tint anything in front of the B post... which limits what you can do on the NSX!

it use to be 35% tint allowed total, but if the glass already has a tint, it adds to it! i think the lightest film is 35% already

Silver Surfer
23-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Just wear a baraclava or a pair of shades. ;)

SS :laugh:

mutley
24-09-2007, 07:54 AM
I've also pondered this many times, and I think I'll go for a light tint all round...................it's way down on my to-do list though.

Jim

gumball
24-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Don't think tints are a sports/super car thing, they serve no function. more of a Merc cruiser thing.

gsuds
24-09-2007, 11:05 AM
I've a fairly dark tint on mine all round (except windscreen..:)) - no cop stops just yet. Goes well with dark wheels.:cool:

G

Senninha
24-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I've thought about this a few times ... would have to be very light tint, which IMO would work due to the small and dark cabin.

Not sure I would given the BiB current view on performance cars :(

TheSebringOne
24-09-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm with Gumball on this and it serves no practical purpose. It trying to give the impression that you're making the car & its occupants more mysterious and its kind of bling in an understated way. The car alone to the non petrol head average driver, is enough to give the wow factor! :) Unless you go the Amo route! :D Nice to hear from you again Jim! :thumbsup:

AR
25-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I've a fairly dark tint on mine all round (except windscreen..:)) - no cop stops just yet. Goes well with dark wheels.:cool:

G

My IOP T reg NSX had them and I did not like them. It would have been a nightmare to remove from the reear screen if I wanted too.

Oh I have no had any on my next to NSX, but I was stopped, but that was for other reasons, such as exceeding 70 MPH on a clear motorway!!!

Why give them another reason to stop you?

Cheers,

AR

gsuds
25-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Wouldn't have put them on myself - exceeding cost:point ratio by too big a margin - but look OK so not desperate to remove...

TheSebringOne
25-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm in total agreement Ary, why give the road plod an excuse to pull you up! Also if they did pull you up for something else, like a heavy right foot moment(s), it could be extra potential hassle on top! :no: