PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...

NSXGB
26-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I have a mini project on the go for my sunvisors. Not very exiting I know, but it's something that's bugged me for some time.

I'm 6'3" and find that the visors obscure too much of my view when down. I bought some s/h visors from the NSXCB donor car (thx Amo....lol...:)) and plan to cut them down and re-cover them.

This is where I have run into problems, trying to find a suitable fabric to cover them with. Looking for something OEM mid grey, with a bit of stretch to aid the covering process. Even that Type-R mesh stuff could do. I just don't have a clue where to source it from.....

Any ideas?

Mutley, you are a whiz in this department, any thoughts?

AR
26-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Would the NSX-T visors fit??? They are slimmer.

Cheers,

AR

NSXGB
26-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Would the NSX-T visors fit??? They are slimmer.

Cheers,

AR

Not seen them, can't imagine them being much shorter? I will be lopping off about 2"...

AR
26-09-2007, 03:21 PM
I can't tell you exactly, but they are significantly smaller.

NSXGB
26-09-2007, 03:26 PM
I can't tell you exactly, but they are significantly smaller.

OK, thanks Ary.
Should have done sone homework before I stripped these ones down. :)

simonprelude
26-09-2007, 03:27 PM
The NSX-R ones are smaller also.

As for material, try www.capitalseating.co.uk they sell Recaro style material to recover DC2 and DC5 seats etc.

Alternatively find an Integra DC2 that is being broken, the material from the rear seats is nice and usually in mint condition.

NSXGB
26-09-2007, 03:58 PM
The NSX-R ones are smaller also.

As for material, try www.capitalseating.co.uk (http://www.capitalseating.co.uk) they sell Recaro style material to recover DC2 and DC5 seats etc.

Alternatively find an Integra DC2 that is being broken, the material from the rear seats is nice and usually in mint condition.

Many thanks, that's what I was looking for. I suppose it's a sort of velour (sp) material with the stretch I'm looking for.

.....now looking for a sewing maching for my Doris....it's her birthday Sunday....I'm sure she would like one....:)

Procar Specials
26-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Take care of Doris ;)

we have all what you need here, well...maybe :laugh:

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5576Himmel_3.JPG
http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/500/5576sun_visor.JPG

mutley
27-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Now then funnily enough, I have removed my sun visors and I'm in the middle of an "experiment" on how to cover them and still look good. It is turning out tp be a little bit trickier than I thought, and my time is runing out so I have put it on hold for the time being until I come back. Removing the old covering is easy enough, but as for re-covering, you'll need a material that's easy to work with as I think that the best way will be to do it in 2 halves and stitch together (use a stretchy material and make slightly smaller that you nead so that it will stretch over and give you a smoother finnish).

BUT I also have to say I have made enquiried about the NSX-R sunvisors as it would save a lot of hassle and would match in well with my new roof liner colour.

Jim

Procar Specials
27-09-2007, 08:05 AM
we should start a group buy. ;)

simonprelude
27-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Name your terms ??

Amount of purchasers and price :)

NSXGB
27-09-2007, 09:32 AM

The main reason for my project was to enable me to see out of my windscreen when the visor is down, therefore a shorter visor is what I require still.

Capital seating want £60 delivered for a 1m length of material which is about 10x more than I need, so am still looking. Preferrably in the mid grey to match the roof lining.

Mutley, yes that's the way I was going to go - stretchy material, two halves then expertly stitched by the Doris :). The tricky part is tucking the edge of the fabric under the plastic lugs on the top corners of the visor, I have a plan for that though. Need the material first.

Procar Specials
27-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Name your terms ??
Amount of purchasers and price
PM'd 2 sets are available at once