PDA

View Full Version : NSX Depreciation - Unbiased Opinions

mart155
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi All,
I realise that probably everyone here has love for the NSX but I was wondering what you all though about the value of these beautiful cars and if its possible for you to give an unbiased opinion.

Over the last couple of years, I have noticed the prices of 2nd hand NSX's has gone up considerably although they seem to have reached a plateau lately.

Do you think they will continue to rise, hold their value or start to depreciate again.

Even if they do depreciate, I would think it will be at a lot slower rate than most other cars.

whadyall think?

TheQuietOne
04-10-2007, 06:48 PM
Over the last couple of years, I have noticed the prices of 2nd hand NSX's has gone up considerably although they seem to have reached a plateau lately.

Not sure where you've been looking but I don't think any of them are appreciating in price. I would hope to think that they are depreciating slowly, I don't think they will ever plummet in price as there are a core of fans out there who will always pay a fair price for a fair car.

HTH, Matt.

Silver Surfer
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
A good 91' Red black are still going for £19,999 for the last 2 years so not much has change really! There aren't many of them around to chose from generally keeps the price static IMO.

SS

simonprelude
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
There have been a few unrealistic prices around recently, that could be the slight appreciation ??

I would think that in over 2 years mine has lost less than 10% even though I have put around 10k miles on it.

TheSebringOne
04-10-2007, 10:01 PM
There's no such thing as a depreciation proof car, unless its a Mac F1, or 250 GTO etc! I like to think that with the rarity and reputation of the NSX, they will depreciate very slowly compared to others cars :thumbsup: Also with approx around 450ish sold in 15 years in the UK, with numbers shrinking due to RTAs, then they will get even rarer. :(

Steve
04-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Surely there worth what people are prepared to pay?

simonprelude
05-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Well anywhere between what someone is willing to sell it for versus what anyone is willing to pay for it :)

Surely there worth what people are prepared to pay?

Rob_Fenn
05-10-2007, 03:00 PM
They already do very well due to the low numbers. Don't see a reason why they'd plummet in price.

At the end of the day you can get a newer Porsche 996 for the same price like for like, so you get an NSX because you WANT an NSX invariably.

Ferris Bueller
05-10-2007, 03:26 PM
At the end of the day you can get a newer Porsche 996 for the same price like for like, so you get an NSX because you WANT an NSX invariably.

*ping* Top answer.

Totally agree. I don't think anyone who buys an NSX does it on a whim.

AR
05-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Just because some people panic and sell cheap it does not mean that the cars as a whole are doing bad.

kevinpsw
05-10-2007, 07:54 PM
It's not what cars are advertised for, it's what they actually sell for. Cars stay for sale for a long time because they are overpriced. As I think has been said already, they are only worth what someone will pay for them. NSXs do compare very favourably with most other cars but they do still depreciate. JDMs will always be worth less than UK cars and colours make a difference. Autos must be significantly cheaper than manuals to sell. Have a look at the Parkers Guide and then add a little bit and I think you'll be close to what a straight car with FHSH will sell for.

AR
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
It's not what cars are advertised for, it's what they actually sell for. Cars stay for sale for a long time because they are overpriced. As I think has been said already, they are only worth what someone will pay for them. NSXs do compare very favourably with most other cars but they do still depreciate. JDMs will always be worth less than UK cars and colours make a difference. Autos must be significantly cheaper than manuals to sell. Have a look at the Parkers Guide and then add a little bit and I think you'll be close to what a straight car with FHSH will sell for.

Yes but then you have cars like for example Paul Carbon Showcase, that car is worth thousands more than a standard car.

So Parker's guide is a no go.

The problem with JDMs is knowking if the car is what it is and if it is the year they say it is among other things IMHO.

jaytip
06-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Yes but then you have cars like for example Paul Carbon Showcase, that car is worth thousands more than a standard car.

So Parker's guide is a no go.

The problem with JDMs is knowking if the car is what it is and if it is the year they say it is among other things IMHO.
Thats not strictly true though because some people want 100% standard cars,so the hundreds(thousands?) spent on CF wouldn't meant squat to some one who wants an unmodified car.JMHO

AR
06-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Thats not strictly true though because some people want 100% standard cars,so the hundreds(thousands?) spent on CF wouldn't meant squat to some one who wants an unmodified car.JMHO

Same people who were not interested on an NSX-R, or on any other car that was special. Gladly the majority of current second hand NSX buyers are enthusiasts and therefore tend value those things.

AR
06-10-2007, 10:55 PM
Looking at this sold auto NSX I say that they are holding really well!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/228892.htm

Cheers,

AR

kevinpsw
26-10-2007, 08:02 PM
The car is still for sale on ebay and on the dealer's website so maybe it didn't sell for such a handsome price after all.

I did think £23k was a lot, even for what seems to be a very nice 93 auto.