PDA

View Full Version : USB - MP3 connection for Bose Stereo?

Boomin33
23-10-2007, 08:33 AM
Anyone ever have someone wire in a USB connection to the stock Bose Stereo ?

Need to figure something out; tried the tape with wire; but lose a lot of quality of sound; didn't want to go buy the radio frequency option.

Would love to just have a USB connection there!

richmills
23-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Anyone ever have someone wire in a USB connection to the stock Bose Stereo ?

Need to figure something out; tried the tape with wire; but lose a lot of quality of sound; didn't want to go buy the radio frequency option.

Would love to just have a USB connection there!

Sorry, can't help with the USB option, but I just thought I'd pick up on your comment about the tape adaptor.

I use a tape adaptor for my ipod and never had any complaints about it. I can turn the volume up to really quite anti-social levels with no appreciable loss of definition :D. A mate of mine though did the same thing and thought it sounded terrible, until he went and bought a different adaptor and tried that one. It seems there's quite a bit of variability in the quality of tape adaptors out there.

Just thought I'd mention it might be worth splashing out 20 quid or so for one of the more expensive ones before going to the hassle and extra expense of getting some custom jobby sorted.

Cheers, Rich.

rkanaga
23-10-2007, 07:03 PM
Guys, this may help. The Dension ICELink for generic Alpine M Bus works perfectly

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=3616

TheSebringOne
23-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Richard? Anti social levels may sound great, but beware of blowing the amps in the speakers! :)

richmills
24-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Richard? Anti social levels may sound great, but beware of blowing the amps in the speakers! :)

Don't worry mate, I'd never risk hurting the NSX :laugh:
Cheers, Rich.