PDA

View Full Version : how much? '97 3.2 manual silver

craigdonnelly
02-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi guys,

I've not been on the forum for a few weeks because I just moved house and don't have access to the internet yet (hopefully next week). I'm actully sitting in an internet cafe. The fact that I moved house has something to do with my question...

Since I've moved house I haven't driven my NSX because work is a 2 minute walk. I know in a funny roundabout way it will work out to be the cheapest car I will own if I sell it in a few years but I'm struggling to justify my monthly payments for something I just gaze at out my window. :drool:

I haven't decided yet because it will break my heart but I'm thinking of selling the NSX. How much do you think it's worth guys?...:(

It's Silver coupe, 1997, 3.2 manual, 46k miles, red interior, previously owned by Jaguar GB. It's just had a new clutch and 10k miles ago got major service with new water pump, timing belt etc. I bought it from a Honda Dealer in Glasgow a few months ago so they only sell the best examples and I'm sure the warranty in transferrable to the new owner. Oh and everything works!

TheQuietOne
02-11-2007, 12:33 PM
The all important mileage....? I'd say roughly £27k with the info so far though. Did you manage to cover up the bits where the roll cage was fitted - or was that done by the last owner?

craigdonnelly
02-11-2007, 12:42 PM
The milage is roughly 46k, I've just edited my oringinal thread.

Yeah Honda covered the holes using a interior trimmer. To make the car perfect all it needs is about £400-500 pounds spent on new floor matts, Cd changer (it works but slow to react sometimes. I looked at an Alpina) and a couple of bits of plastic trim on the door sills next to the fuel release and passenger side too. I priced it all from Honda because if I don't sell it I'm getting it done myself. The cars completely standard.

AR
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I would say tops would be 27 to 28 K for normal car, but 25K will be top with the car's possible track history.

Cheers,

AR

AR
02-11-2007, 01:55 PM

Yeah Honda covered the holes using a interior trimmer. To make the car perfect all it needs is about £400-500 pounds spent on new floor matts, Cd changer (it works but slow to react sometimes. I looked at an Alpina) and a couple of bits of plastic trim on the door sills next to the fuel release and passenger side too. I priced it all from Honda because if I don't sell it I'm getting it done myself. The cars completely standard.

BTW floormats are 250 quid from HUK!!!

Senninha
02-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I would say tops would be 27 to 28 K for normal car, but 25K will be top with the car's possible track history.

Cheers,

AR
Mmmm, surprised to hear you suggest track use knocks 2k off the value. Appreciate this one had the cage for a while, which may actually have reduced any possible stresses, but I would say that if all documents and history are intact, the £27-28k looks about right for an OEM spec car.

WIth regards to replacing plastic trim parts, check out Downforce as tye produce many of these as replica parts in CF at less than Honda prices but with good quality. http://downforce.biz/cart/home.php?cat=265

HTH, regards, Paul

TheQuietOne
02-11-2007, 06:21 PM

I think £27Kand hold out...it is still a low mileage car with documented history and presumably is straight. 3.2's with pop ups will always fetch a fair price (well I would say that of course).:laugh:

P.S. I don't think fitting a BMW after market CD changer will help sell it :D.

HTHT, Matt.

craigdonnelly
02-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Apline! Sorry :embarassed:

I think Jaguar owniung the car wouldn't reduce the value, I believe it increases the cars desirabilty but maybe not it's value. I read Octane magazine all the time and it's full of classic cars at auction with interesting history which makes them more desirable to collectors. You can't get a bigger compliment than a manufacturer buying your model of car especially Jaguar. Jaguar cars have always been admired for their good ride without comprimising handling. I have no doubt's there will cars in this forum that have been driven harder or not as well looked after than mine.

I have been putting it off but I'm 90% sure I'll sell the NSX due to lack of use and I don't have a bank account like a Saudi royal!

AR
02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Mmmm, surprised to hear you suggest track use knocks 2k off the value. Appreciate this one had the cage for a while, which may actually have reduced any possible stresses, but I would say that if all documents and history are intact, the £27-28k looks about right for an OEM spec car.

Paul IMHO roll cage equals track use. Track use is not a bad thing if all parts that get extra wear were changed, there is complete proof of a straight body, and a full maintenance record including fluids, especially the gearbox and brake, that often get overlooked.

Clive
04-11-2007, 10:11 AM
I've got a spare OEM NSX/Alpine CD changer for sale if you want it. As new.