PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stereo

AR
20-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Just wondering what aftermarket systems members have.

Could you post specs and where you got it done.

Cheers,

AR

mutley
20-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Well I have just fitted a cheapo cd player (into the glove box so can't be seen) as I have gone for the carbon centre console and nav pod. Nav pod not fitted yet as I haven't found the system I want to put into it yet.

Erm I know that doesn't really answer your question but hey, I've not posted in ages!!

Jim

Lankstarr
20-11-2007, 06:22 PM
I've got a Clarion system with MB Quart seperates and a Pheneox Gold amp all ready to go in... where's the best place to get a replacement stereo fascia to mount it in?

I'm thinking about getting a sub box from prime to finish it off but shipping will be a killer if anyone can be arsed to do it for me!

L*

AR
20-11-2007, 06:44 PM
So how much for a door amp? :)

I was thinking of a system like the one I have on the Landcruiser with the Pioneer screen and some separates, but I don't want to hatch the OEM console.

Cheers,

AR

Greybloke
20-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Carbon console to accommodate a standard DIN head unit:

Also replaced door units, added small tweeters and new self contained woofer behind seat. The head unit has an ipod feed, which I've routed through to the center glove box (or whatever it's called) Quite happy with the set up, which can of course revert to oem if required.

PeteM
20-11-2007, 07:01 PM
I'm thinking about getting a sub box from prime to finish it off but shipping will be a killer if anyone can be arsed to do it for me!

L*

Don't forget that the sub boxes are only built for left hand drive cars.

Not a problem if you have a left hooker but could prove a tad difficult in a right hooker. :)

Senninha
20-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Ary,

Only fitted stereo for the Mrs or very long runs on m'ways other wise I dont switch it on.

Set up is simple Alpine cd head unit, but backed up with Genesis amp and diamond speakers with high line tweeters ... very nice when it is used.

The console has been modded for the head unit then refinished in the Magnum Grey to match the bodywork.

regards, Paul

gsuds
20-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Alpine CD head unit, with iPod link to glovebox instead of CD changer. Mounted in simple tray under glovebox, so no surgery to centre console. Not perfectly neat, but keep iPod on random play anyway, and has a remote. Focal speakers / tweeters. Think it needs a bit more "bottom" so will probably put my Clarion active sub behind passenger seat.

My worry was that the head unit would eat into passenger legroom, but doesn't seem to, oddly.

Have kept the original speakers an case any subsequent owner wants complete originality. But the Focals sound better.

G

Lankstarr
20-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Don't forget that the sub boxes are only built for left hand drive cars.

Not a problem if you have a left hooker but could prove a tad difficult in a right hooker. :)

Thanks for pointing that out... could havebeen an expensive mistake!

Paul - is your cntre console bit just modified OEM then?

Cheers,

L*

Senninha
21-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Paul - is your centre console bit just modified OEM then?

Cheers,L*
Yep. Was originally modified to house a camera detector under the head unit but this has been removed and filled, resprayed.

regards, Paul

Steveycaz
21-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Carbon console to accommodate a standard DIN head unit:
What is the big red button for? Ejector seat?

Greybloke
21-11-2007, 07:39 PM
What is the big red button for? Ejector seat?

Hey good idea:rolleyes: but no it's a start button from a S2000 (fully functional) My previous 2 cars were S2000's and just really liked it:D The other black item to the left is a power socket, again taken from a S2000 as it's quite neat and better than a cigarette lighter type thing. It's all a bit personal to me but it can all revert for any subsequent owner.

AR
21-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Ary,

Only fitted stereo for the Mrs or very long runs on m'ways other wise I dont switch it on.

regards, Paul

Cheers Paul that is the same reason I need mine working. :)

NSXGB
09-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Thought these two items from SOS might be of interest if you are doing an ICE upgrade....and make life a bit easier?

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/stereo_bracket_kit/

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior%5Fperformance%5Fproducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/ProFormance%5FAudiophile/factory%5Fhead%5Funit%5Fwire%5Fharness/

AR
09-12-2007, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the link mate, I am still waiting to hear back from baings about how to pay for the cover, then I can get to choose the way to go.

Cheers,

AR