PDA

View Full Version : Rear Torsion bar

Scotchegg
26-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, a bit of help would be apprecaited. I have a 3.2 Coupe and need to replace the rear torsion bar, any ideas how much these cost?

BTW: I live in West Yorkshire, are there any club meets in or around Leeds?

Cheers

Scotchegg

AR
26-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Why do you need to replace it?

amo
26-11-2007, 08:21 PM
hello and welcome to the site lol lol lol

thx amo

dan the man
26-11-2007, 08:30 PM
west yorkshire? I aint too far from the border here in lancs.

cant help with the torsion bar im afraid :(

TheSebringOne
26-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Barry aka Bazza in Yorkshire (near York)? HTH :) Hes the vendor VTEC Direct here.

markc
26-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi Scotchegg,

There is no rear torsion bar. Do you mean rear anti-roll bar?

What's happened that it needs replacing? It's hard for one to fail, more likely the bushes need replacing than the anti-roll bar itself.

Mark

AR
26-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi Scotchegg,

There is no rear torsion bar. Do you mean rear anti-roll bar?

What's happened that it needs replacing? It's hard for one to fail, more likely the bushes need replacing than the anti-roll bar itself.

Mark

That is what I meant to say. :)

Scotchegg
27-11-2007, 09:00 AM
Hello all,

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to answer the questions.

I recently bought the car and had a full test completed, the car is mint....the only thing which came up on the report was a recommendation to change the rear 'anti role bar' ....(i thought it was a torsion bar). Anyway its the bar that is stretched across the 2 suspension arms underneath the car...At the time of purchase i phoned Honda UK and asked them for a price for a replacement, they said £200 + VAT.

Then yesterday, i had 2 new tyres replaced and they commented on the anti-role bar....i said i knew about it and i will be replacing it and asked them how much? They said £620 + VAT.

In short, either my dealer is trying to rip me off or perhaps i didn't ask for for the right part??? But as you have all said there isn't a torsion bar on an NSX anyway.

Cheers

Scotchegg

Scotchegg
27-11-2007, 09:18 AM
....sorry forgot to answer MARKC mail.

...the bar hasn't failed but it has a dent in it which they are recommending i change....the role bar has at some stage either hit something raised off the road (perhaps a man-hole cover) or as the dealership suggests perhaps some idiot used it as a jacking point! either way i want to be better safe than sorry.

Scotchegg

Scotchegg
27-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi All,

My Honda dealer has now back tracked once pressed and now said it isn't afterall an anti-role bar which is dented but a rear beam rod....hence the £660 price tag fitted.

Honda part: 50205SLOA00

I have sent Barry a mail as suggested in the thread earlier (thanks) to see if he can get me one. Honda are saying they do not have any in stock in Europe and its back-to-back ordering.

Any suggestions welcome, if you know of any alternatives to source one of these? Picture of the part attached (circled red 2)

Cheers

Scotchegg

AR
27-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Try Amo on this board he might have a used one.

Cheers,

AR

amo
27-11-2007, 01:32 PM
mate i do have 1 its off a 91 i think it will fit
but dont just go on what i say
thx amo

markc
27-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Ahh yes, that makes a lot more sense. Those beams are hollow alloy and fairly delicate. I remember removing mine when I replaced the clutch last year.

If they are differant on the later cars it won't be by much and you may be able to use one from an earlier car. You need to check if the p/n's are differant or not.

Cheers

Mar

Scotchegg
27-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Also, it was the RAC independant check which originally said it was a anti-role bar that had a dent, when it was infact it was a rear beam rod; a difference of £500. As such, i may be able to recoup the cost as the engineers report was in accurate...

worth a try anyway.

Cheers

Scotchegg

Scotchegg
27-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Amo,

Does your spare have any part number on it? or do you know what it is?

Scotchegg

amo
27-11-2007, 03:42 PM
hi mate
ill have a look and get back to you see if theres 1 on there
thx amo