PDA

View Full Version : My Taitec GT006 Exhaust

Steveycaz
01-12-2007, 11:29 AM
OK, for Pete's benefit here are some sound files from my exhaust. I warn you they are done on a cheap digital dictaphone but you get the general idea!

PeteM
01-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks for that Steve, Like the sound and note of that taitec, it certainly makes the car sound a bit more "exotic" if that makes any sense.....:)

Will have to hear it in person to make a final decision which system to go for. I love the sound of James tubi on his Na2 but the alleged dodgey build quality and the price you pay for it tend to put me off.

Decisions ,decisions.........

AR
01-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I love the sound of James tubi on his Na2 but the alleged dodgey build quality and the price you pay for it tend to put me off.

When I sold James his tubi there was no issues, If I am not wrong the problem is with aftermarket tails that were made for it. The price is what it is, but is a great exhaust in a discreet kind of way.

The GTLwt Taitec is good, but there is a lot of droning with them as many people can tell you on prime.

I would go for an ARK DTX if you like the Tubi as it looks just as good and is cheaper.

For me I want a GruppeM Ti, but for now the Ti GT-Rom will do.

Cheers,

AR

PeteM
03-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the words of advice AR.

My dilema is the age old one of trying to get the right balance of loudness to the actuall prefered tone of the exhaust.

I have a "boomy" exhaust on my track car and it's fine when its on full chat around a track but when cruising at anything other than 80mph it's annoying to say the least!

Deffinatly not what I want for the nsx but I know each car can sound different with the same exhaust fitted. If it's got no cats or a different intake system for example, as you know the sound levels and tone can be wildly different.

Trouble is I do like the sound of the tubi....................:rolleyes:

NSXGB
03-12-2007, 08:30 AM
OK, for Pete's benefit here are some sound files from my exhaust. I warn you they are done on a cheap digital dictaphone but you get the general idea!

Steve, have you still got the cats attached?

Steveycaz
03-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes! Everything else is stock!

Papalazarou
03-12-2007, 02:13 PM
When I sold James his tubi there was no issues, If I am not wrong the problem is with aftermarket tails that were made for it. The price is what it is, but is a great exhaust in a discreet kind of way.

Yes, the tailpipes were fabricated for the car because the standard Tubi pipes will not fit the facelift rear valance.
However, I think that the Tubi is a great compromise system because it gives enhanced sound quality without the "my head hurts, I'd better not go above half throttle" symptoms.
From inside the system actually sounded louder on the Targa than it does on the coupe. Perhaps a convertible thing? Anyway, I thought the quality was pretty good.

Cheers,

James.

AR
03-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Tubi is a great compromise system

http://www.gt-rom.net/gtrom/bn48.jpg

:)

Senninha
03-12-2007, 05:44 PM
http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=1757

PeteM, check out post #2 for a variety of exhaust notes. If you're after good full throttle / exotic sounds that offers comfortable town and cruising note then play S2NSX ;)

regards, Paul

PeteM
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the link and info Paul, S2 certainly sounds good on the rollers.

Thats definitely what I am aiming for, the exotic sound on full throttle but not droning and ear splitting noise in the cruise.

Yes, the tailpipes were fabricated for the car because the standard Tubi pipes will not fit the facelift rear valance.
Cheers,
James.

Ahh I understand now, thanks for giving me the right end of the stick James !

AR
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I am aiming for, the exotic sound on full throttle but not droning and ear splitting noise in the cruise.

IMHO all SS exhaust that are loud at WOT will drone. Go with TI or an ARK DTX.

Cheers,

AR

Steveycaz
05-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Not sure what 'drone' is but very happy with the noise from my GT006. WOT is loud and throaty, cruising is only slightly louder than stock - I can still hear the induction with windows up.