PDA

View Full Version : Dinging sound

Bob Holmes
10-12-2007, 12:13 PM
While driving, from time to time I hear three dings, similar to a seat belt warning tone, no lights on the dash and fluid levels Ok, any ideas please.
Radio on or off, cruise control on or off, no change to sound, can not find anything in hand book to do with seat belt warning tones for this model ( 3.2 coupe year 2000 ) this sound is similar to other cars I have been in when while not wearing seat belts

Silver Surfer
10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Can't explain but welcome anyhow.

SS

simonprelude
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Welcome.

Assume you mean seat belt warning tone ?? Does it happen when the radio is on as it could be a loss of reception tone.

While driving, from time to time I hear three dings, similar to a seal belt warning tone, no lights on the dash and fluid levels Ok, any ideas please.

NSXGB
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Welcome.

Assume you mean seat belt warning tone ?? Does it happen when the radio is on as it could be a loss of reception tone.

I've never heard any tones when driving without my seatbelt on, is this on later cars????

simonprelude
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I was just think re other cars, I know the S2000 came with this from around 2002 IIRC.

I've never heard any tones when driving without my seatbelt on, is this on later cars????

Lankstarr
10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
radio related - any other dinging sounds would mean extra sensors and weight :eek:

Loss of signal sounds about right - does your electric aerial work?

Could also stem from message deletion syndrome which yyou clearly have. Details about your car will avoid future sarchasm on this site:D

L*

Steveycaz
10-12-2007, 04:31 PM
It's not strictly necessary for seal's to wear belts in cars so there shouldn't be a warning for that ;).

The only dinging I get is when I have 'TA' (traffic announcement) set on the radio which is a waste of space as it always struggles with the 'enhanced other networks' stuff and seems intent on telling me every five minutes by dinging like an airplane seatbelt sign!

But as it happens to you when the radio if off; the plot thickens....

Oh and welcome!