PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

Steveycaz
23-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Front pads need changing. I think they are EBC's at the moment. Would anyone recommend Green Stuff? Would anyone recommend an on-line retailer to get them from?

simonprelude
23-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Any idea what pads are on there at the moment, (you say EBC but which) I would not recommend Green Stuff for a car over around 1000kg after speaking with EBC a few years ago.

mutley
23-01-2008, 09:42 AM
I put green stuff on my BM to see what they are like , and I can't say that they are any good, and all the crap about less brake dust!!! I don't see any less, (if anythung there is more)

Jim

Senninha
23-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Steve,

Talk to Barry for pad deals. FYI I'm running with Project Mu's street/track pads and good for most road conditions with low dust levels as a bonus

regards, Paul

NSXGB
23-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Steve,

Talk to Barry for pad deals. FYI I'm running with Project Mu's street/track pads and good for most road conditions with low dust levels as a bonus

regards, Paul

Is there a down side to having a pad that produces less dust? More disc wear maybe? It might be a silly question but I'm curious as you don't often get something for nothing....

Senninha
23-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Is there a down side to having a pad that produces less dust? More disc wear maybe? It might be a silly question but I'm curious as you don't often get something for nothing....

There doesn't appear to be excessive disc wear so far. THe only thing as I've commented before, is that under extreme use they do start to show signs of fading. This was noted on the PH run last bank holiday. Not your average drive in the country ;). I suspect you would have less fade at the track as you brake less for obstacles like horses and weekend drivers.

regards, Paul

TheSebringOne
23-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Try Bazza about AP Dixel Type M pads as work up to 500 degrees & low brake dust. Should'nt be a problem if you have plain disc, but may have slightly more dust if you have slotted as it sweeps the pads clean to remove the glazing effect. OR OEMs as the are still very good for road use, not sure of their price tho!

Steveycaz
23-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks so far. I'm looking for 'fast road use' meaning I don't track much and I only drive it for fun not to commute so tend to hoon around on the back roads.

I have Black Diamond slotted and drilled discs if that helps! Any more advice or a firm recommendation?

simonprelude
23-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Do Black Diamond do the Predator pads to match ??
I have them on the Prelude and they are very good.

Steveycaz
23-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Is Predator a Black Diamond product simon?

nsx_vtec
23-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Teat your self to a set of Project Mu's

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4281

I bought 2 sets but cnt forsee using this set for a while and can do with the cash.

simonprelude
23-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, listed here...

http://www.blackdiamondperformance.com/brakes_honda.htm

Is Predator a Black Diamond product simon?

Martin
23-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Front pads need changing. I think they are EBC's at the moment. Would anyone recommend Green Stuff? Would anyone recommend an on-line retailer to get them from?

Hi Steve

I once used EBC greens, on the rears, and the friction material was starting to lift away from the pad base, with only a few miles of fast road use. A brick would probably have been a better brake pad. I have reverted to OEM pads, and they're near perfect for my road use.

Hope this helps sway you away from EBC.

Cheers
Martin