PDA

View Full Version : White, white or white?

Rob_Fenn
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi Guys,

What Honda white is the Type R? I know there are a few you can get, championship white stands out in my mind but am not sure about the others :)

Cheers

Rob

AR
07-02-2008, 06:58 PM
It is CW or any other colour as long as you have the £££!

Rob_Fenn
07-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Is CW the creamy white?

donnac
07-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Is CW the creamy white?

Yes, its the same white that is used on the DC2 and DC5 integras, its white to start but goes cream:laugh:

dan the man
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM
No donna its cream to start but goes brown

Senninha
07-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Rob,

Why the type-R logo must come with the H logo on red background? It is because the first Honda formula-one car that won the grand prix in the year 1960 was painted in championship white and the H logo on red background.

Are you thinking of a color change when you change the bodywork? There are quite a few Whites to choose from, so good luck deciding which one you want .......

Paint Color

Description

NH-0

White

NH-24

Ceramic white

NH-31

McKinley white

NH-111

Cortina white

NH-113P-A

Pearl altair white

NH-121P

Pearl shell white

NH-121P-A

Pearl shell white A

NH-138

Shasta white

NH-139P-A

Pearl crescent white A

NH-162P

Pearl milky white

NH-193P

Pearl crystal white

NH-193P-A

Pearl ctystal white A

NH-196

Ross (rinden) white

NH-250

Real white

NH-251P

Pearl pacific white

NH-326P

Pearl glacier (glazed) white

NH-341P

Pearl (fade) white

NH-396P

Pearl antique white

NH-A16P

Pearl cool white

regards, Paul

Rob_Fenn
07-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Interesting, thanks for that Paul!

TheSebringOne
08-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Paul the white paint expert! What a comprehensive choice, but is there no standard white! :D

Rob, surely you are not going from black to white when you do the next project on the racing beast!?

TheSebringOne
08-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Some pics to drool over or not, if you don't like white!? Why?!

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/revolutionized/ScienceofSpeed/NSX/CWNSX/

Rob_Fenn
08-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Yeah i like SoS's car, very nice!

Did they ever sell white ones in the UK (dismissing the last 12)?

simonprelude
08-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Yes there are a few white ones in the UK, Nigels last 12 model, his previous one to that and at least one NA1 and at least one pre facelift NA2.

simonprelude
08-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Where's Platinum White Pearl in that list ??

TheSebringOne
08-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Theres also Fuzilov's fab one and only 02+ NA2 Type R !:)

AR
09-02-2008, 11:43 PM
at least one NA1 and at least one pre facelift NA2.

And if it is the one I test drove it was a POS!

Basically it needed a new clutch, flywheel, foglights, all over paint and some interior touches.

markc
11-02-2008, 09:44 AM
The pre facelift NA2 belongs to our very own NS-SEX. Here it is in "our" garage...

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1366

Rob_Fenn
11-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Good find Mark. That would be Grand Prix White then?

nsx_vtec
11-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Good find Mark. That would be Grand Prix White then?

Yes.

If this is the car im thinking it has red/maroon leather?

I remember the owner from around 2004 he was a senior doctor at a hospital in manchester.

AR
11-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes.

If this is the car im thinking it has red/maroon leather?

I remember the owner from around 2004 he was a senior doctor at a hospital in manchester.

Yes I was told he was Doctor, but a young one, the car was taken to Two Mills and apparently according to them, he ran out of budget and an aftermarket clutch was fitted.

The car needed a new paint job, tyres, foglights, new NA2 clutch and flywheel, and interior bits.

Hallmark cars wante 29 then 32 then 29 then they would drop it to 26.5, but still it was too much for what it needed.

I test drove it during my second NSX replacement hunt.

Cheers,

AR

nsx_vtec
11-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Yes I was told he was Doctor, but a young one, the car was taken to Two Mills and apparently according to them, he ran out of budget and an aftermarket clutch was fitted.

The car needed a new paint job, tyres, foglights, new NA2 clutch and flywheel, and interior bits.

Hallmark cars wante 29 then 32 then 29 then they would drop it to 26.5, but still it was too much for what it needed.

I test drove it during my second NSX replacement hunt.

Cheers,

AR

I got the impression that he looked after the car as he earns serious money. I spoke to him a few times i used to have an ITR back then. His parents live up the road from me so bump in at the petrol pumps etc...

He had a S2000 whilst he completed his medcine degree at uni and once he was a qualifed he got a NSX.

If anything i thought the paintwork was spotless. Then again he sold it after 18 month after i last had a good lookk. I think he only had it for rounfd 6-8 months when he bought it.

Shame its used to be a cracker that car.

1 thing i can say that the car never really got driven hard, but also the car was a waste as he his 3/4 jouney was slow moving traffic.

AR
11-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Cars can change a lot with a new owner. Perhaps it was a different doctor?

The aftermarket clutch was extremely hard to launch, the pain had yellowed a lot, as can happen with some whites, but it was no uniform. There was some shutlines that did not look right by the b pillars.

Then again I do dwell on things when buying a car. :)

Cheers,

AR

simonprelude
11-02-2008, 01:13 PM
That sounds familiar to the car that a certain NSX dealer had around 2 years ago. Not sure if it is NS-SEX's car or not. But it was certainly a White pre facelift NA2 :( Then again. it could be the same car and has now been brought back to A1 condition.

The aftermarket clutch was extremely hard to launch, the pain had yellowed a lot, as can happen with some whites, but it was no uniform. There was some shutlines that did not look right by the b pillars.

Cheers,

AR

AR
11-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I think is the same on that Hallmark used to have.

Cheers,

AR

TheSebringOne
11-02-2008, 06:13 PM
I remember the car when it was for sale 2-3 years ago, just after I brought mine. Thought it looked fine, but the picture was distant and the description was half hearted. Also thought it was rare/quirky colour and too cheap, but from what Ary said it looks like it needs about 4-5K worth of work!

nsx_vtec
11-02-2008, 07:06 PM

Cheers,

AR

Nah it wud have been the same doctor.....

Just worked out something this was in late 2004 and early 2005 therefore he sold it someone else had it and may have abused it?

Im sure he drives another s2k.

I'll flash him down when i see him and get some facts and update this thread.

I suppose its important to get as much history bout the X as there not many around and hope when i get round purchasing one i get a gud un.

Its funny i remember first seeing this car in 2001/2002 i thought it was an R. lol

Silver Surfer
11-02-2008, 09:08 PM

AR

I wouldn't be surprise he ran out of money, the pay after qualifying from med school is $hite after tax coupled with the loan you need to pay back!!! Definitely a junior Doc!

SS

Kevin
20-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Spotted this morning was the white one in question.

In Wheathampsted, in the fog, this morning. Err, that's in Herts if you don't know.

Silver Surfer
20-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Did it have it's fog light on?......has it got any fog light? ;)

SS