PDA

View Full Version : Any up for a laugh

AR
20-02-2008, 10:37 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/384597.htm

Gotta love this bit:

Cat D light damaged, now fully repaired - unrecorded on logbook.

Now that is taking the piss for sure!

Sudesh
20-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Was there not a member on here that owned that, and recently asked what it was worth?

AR
20-02-2008, 10:56 PM
That is the problem Sudesh, he knows it is Cat D twice and that it was not light damage, and yet he writes that?

Sudesh
20-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Oh right!! I didnt know that. Quite heavy on the money then do you think?

Silver Surfer
20-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Surely that is reflected by the 'cheap' price for a 3.2l at a low mileage athough he has undersold the previous damages!

I wonder how the 'geo' set up is running.....is there any way of checking whether the now run and drive like it should so demonstrate that 'it is as good as new'?

SS

Papalazarou
21-02-2008, 08:25 AM
That's what worries me about buying these cars. You hit that armco pretty hard and he's calling it light damage. On the flip side if the repair was good there's no problem but it's important to be honest.
I'd hate to buy a car then stumble across the gory details on the forum. reminds me of the purple Targa about 6 months ago that turned up on wrecked exotics.

Cheers,

James.

simonprelude
21-02-2008, 08:34 AM
Ary any pictures from your crash.

I would hate to spam someones chances of selling a car, but I think the proof needs to be shown. As long as the repairs cover ALL the possible damage then fine, however I would be interested to see a FULL allignment check provided with all damage repaired cars for sale.

AR
21-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Simon I will try to scan the one I have as I lost all my pictures when my last laptop fried up!

Suffice it to say that there was £27K worth of damage. I've seen the pictures of the purple one, and that is light by comparison!

Cheers,

AR

Greybloke
21-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Ary any pictures from your crash.

I would hate to spam someones chances of selling a car, but I think the proof needs to be shown.

Yes agreed.
I too have heard a few things about this car (indeed I considered it before AR acquired it) but I would not add fuel to the fire as I don't know for a fact that it's twice been cat D, damaged or whatever. To me that's just hearsay. So, evidence required before undermining what may be a legitimate sale.

Over to you AR;)

simonprelude
21-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Before Ary bought it, it definately had a rather expensive altercation with a Transit van.
IIRC that resulted in a CatD.

AR
21-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Well I have no proof it was crashed beore me, other than the fact that everyone on the board knew!

Also at the time we paid £25K when 1999 3.2s were selling for £30K!

Russ was 100% honest about it and everything checked out, hence why we bought it.

This poor car must be curse by the 13 in the chassis number.

Is more of a ping pong ball than a car. :)

AR

Senninha
21-02-2008, 11:19 PM
As a keeper it may be quite good value to someone, however, it is evident from several of the photos that the excellent repairs clearly dont include matching the paint at the front of the car to the rest of the car.

There is not one side photo in which the wing and the rest of the car match.

I would not wish to buy without some very thorough checks being completed.

regards,

Lankstarr
22-02-2008, 07:12 AM
IOP is notoriously hard to match.

2 Cat D 3.2's on autotrader at the moment - I think the purple one that was on wroecked exotics is also advertised as having Cat D damage at the moment.

What is it with these 3.2 pop up models... obviously all of that extra power and supreme aerodynamics are too much for people. The aerodynamics are obviously better as well but it seems like Honda just gave the 3.2s way too much more power over the std 3.0s:laugh:

L*

Senninha
22-02-2008, 08:17 AM
What is it with these 3.2 pop up models... obviously all of that extra power and supreme aerodynamics are too much for people. The aerodynamics are obviously better as well but it seems like Honda just gave the 3.2s way too much more power over the std 3.0s:laugh:

L*
Thats why Honda used the pop-up model to intro the 3.2 ..... as you could put the headlamps up and use as an air brake!!!!!! :laugh:

Greybloke
22-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I have no proof it was crashed beore me, other than the fact that everyone on the board knew!AR

Thats my very point.

If I ware selling my car here and someone thought, maybe, perhaps, could be at some point in it's past..... the car was involved in a a loss / accident etc, and posted the same, I would be very pi$$ed off as unfortunately mud sticks, notwithstanding the facts.

I think all I'm suggesting is please be factual before posting.

BTW when I investigated this car, I was advised by the repairing garage that it had an altercation with a refuse lorry, but once again I don't think it's relevant because I don't know this to be fact, and illustrates how things get distorted (for instance see Simon's post for an alternative version)

Papalazarou
22-02-2008, 06:30 PM
IOP is notoriously hard to match.

2 Cat D 3.2's on autotrader at the moment - I think the purple one that was on wroecked exotics is also advertised as having Cat D damage at the moment.

L*

The weird thing about the purple one is it appears in two adverts on AT at different prices.

Cheers,

James.

P.s, Did I mention Mattfest?

AR
22-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Thats my very point.

If I ware selling my car here and someone thought, maybe, perhaps, could be at some point in it's past..... the car was involved in a a loss / accident etc, and posted the same, I would be very pi$$ed off as unfortunately mud sticks, notwithstanding the facts.

I think all I'm suggesting is please be factual before posting.

BTW when I investigated this car, I was advised by the repairing garage that it had an altercation with a refuse lorry, but once again I don't think it's relevant because I don't know this to be fact, and illustrates how things get distorted (for instance see Simon's post for an alternative version)

How many times do I have to post that the man who sold it to me told me that it was Cat D and that it was with a Transit Van. Why would the owner devalue his car by £5K just to make up some BS story?

So wether anyone wants to beileve it or not, it is a Cat DD!

http://glamourmag.typepad.com/fashionbeauty__insider/images/bty070201.jpg

Greybloke
22-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't believe it;) send more DD pics!

britlude
22-02-2008, 09:58 PM
jennifer aniston is never a cat DD, lucky to be cat B! cat 'wonderbra' maybe

anyhoo, it doesn't take much for a car to be declared cat D. and even so, if it is repaired correctly it's not really relevant. break all the glass and lights on a car and cat D is on the cards!

Category A : A vehicle which should have been totally crushed, including all its spare parts.

Category B : A vehicle from which spare parts may be salvaged, but the bodyshell should have been crushed and the car should never return to the road.

Category C : An extensively damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category D : A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.

Category F : A vehicle damaged by fire, which the insurer has decided not to repair.

TheSebringOne
22-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Is this NSXCB's light entertainment show! Going from car insurance catergories to bra sizes :D

BlueNSX
22-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Is this NSXCB's light entertainment show! Going from car insurance catergories to bra sizes :D

Jennifer Aniston - Pitt hmm I'm quite happy with a couple of Cat CC's or BB's if their her's.