PDA

View Full Version : Induction System

Sudesh
22-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Are many of you guys running with an aftermarket induction system or most stay with stock? I know there really isnt much in the HP gain with an induction system unless you add some other tuning items, but just wondering how it sounds and if you find any other benifits?

AR
22-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Here is my experience:

GruppeM: Loads of Noise, and it felt faster, downside was the noise and type of filter. ( oil ) Cost £ 400 plus.

Procar: Nice finish, no much noise and IMHO it did not feel faster and had the same type of oil filter as above. Cost £ 500 plus.

OEM with Aryspeed mod: Same tone as gruppe M, paper filter, does not feel faster, yet with this box Bazza dynoed at 293 BHP with headers, etc. Cost nothing, just some time cutting it up.

Cheers,

AR

PS the Scoops are a big waste of time too, the NSX is not lacking in the intake compartment unless you start messing with the TB and heads, plus ECU and other bits.

JMHO

AR

amo
22-02-2008, 04:53 PM
hi mate
iv got a hks and i think it sounds sweet but cant hear it over the zorst lol

but iv got a few more bits then just that lol

thx amo

ps scoop on order lol

AR
22-02-2008, 05:11 PM
hi mate
iv got a hks and i think it sounds sweet but cant hear it over the zorst lol

but iv got a few more bits then just that lol

thx amo

ps scoop on order lol

Amo your SC will be a whole different thing than or NA cars. I don't think I would have that HKS foam thing, but to eache their own.

Cheers,

Ary

Greybloke
22-02-2008, 06:27 PM
PS the Scoops are a big waste of time too, the NSX is not lacking in the intake compartment unless you start messing with the TB and heads, plus ECU and other bits.AR

Not strictly a waste of time as the scoop to the airbox inducts cold air, better for detonation in the combustion chamber.

I have the K & N filter which produces a nice induction noise, but I don't think it produces any noticeable increase in performance. Also I can't hear it over my exhaust system anyway:) The good news with this type is it lasts forever and only requires cleaning and re oiling every 20,000 miles or so.

AR
22-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Not strictly a waste of time as the scoop to the airbox inducts cold air, better for detonation in the combustion chamber.

I have the K & N filter which produces a nice induction noise, but I don't think it produces any noticeable increase in performance. Also I can't hear it over my exhaust system anyway:) The good news with this type is it lasts forever and only requires cleaning and re oiling every 20,000 miles or so.

The only thing that is proven is that K&N types filter less and can glog up your TB. The scoop unless is connected to an NSX GT-R vent wont suck in any more as there is already enough air in the OEM box.

Senninha
22-02-2008, 07:10 PM
The only thing that is proven is that K&N types filter less and can glog up your TB. The scoop unless is connected to an NSX GT-R vent wont suck in any more as there is already enough air in the OEM box.
The Procar system you refer to has a larger air capacity than the stock unit, therefore it allows for more air to be drawn if required. The NA set up will only draw as much air as it is possible for it to use, so your point about the scoop is perhaps relevant. THat said, in combo with the intake it has improved the performance of my NSX and gives up a nice relaxed gasp when the fun is over.

I would add that IMO, induction alone will make little or no difference and should only really be considered in conjunction with an exhaust system upgrade.

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
23-02-2008, 07:43 AM
I hav eth procar box like Paul.

I think that the noise alone is worth it - very impressed over standard and think it's a mod everyone should do.

L*

Greybloke
23-02-2008, 06:28 PM
The only thing that is proven is that K&N types filter less and can glog up your TB..

Oh that will be why my TB is full of glog:laugh:
(sorry AR but I've no idea what you are talking about)

Anyway, surely optimal performance on the intake side is obtained through a combination of factors including Airbox pressure and Air temperature, both of which are optimised through the use of the side scoop?

Paul, recent engine valet? Nice

dan the man
23-02-2008, 07:48 PM
ThrottleBody.

and yes Paul that engine bay is worth a lick!

Greybloke
23-02-2008, 09:12 PM
ThrottleBody.

Ahh all is clear. Thanks

TheSebringOne
24-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Paul, another duck fresh brush success! I did think it was your lovely car, but thought wheres the reinforcement bar/frame gone? Don't tell me you've sourced your dream one similar to the Lambos ones!? :think:

AR
24-02-2008, 06:08 AM
Oh that will be why my TB is full of glog:laugh:
(sorry AR but I've no idea what you are talking about)

Anyway, surely optimal performance on the intake side is obtained through a combination of factors including Airbox pressure and Air temperature, both of which are optimised through the use of the side scoop?

Hi mate, it should say clog and it will look like this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/w/images/9/9d/Dirtythrottle.jpg

Senninha
24-02-2008, 08:50 AM

and yes Paul that engine bay is worth a lick!

I did think it was your lovely car, but thought wheres the reinforcement bar/frame gone? Don't tell me you've sourced your dream one similar to the Lambos ones!?

Thanx for the compliments and special Thanx to Phil (Mr Spanners) for the inspiration and tips.

James, the chassis bar was removed, along with other parts for the cleaning process and was still to be refitted. No joy yet on the new one ... lets just say its work in progress ;)

regards, Paul

Greybloke
24-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi mate, it should say clog and it will look like this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/w/images/9/9d/Dirtythrottle.jpg

EEK:eek: .