PDA

View Full Version : Samco Silicone Coolant Hose Kit

Sudesh
24-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Spied this on ebay and was wondering if it goes in the engine compartment, or up front with the radiator?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAMCO-SILICONE-COOLANT-HOSE-KIT-HONDA-NSX-1991-98_W0QQitemZ330029822127QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43117QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQc mdZViewItem

Sudesh
25-02-2008, 12:07 AM
I also noticed they do SFS hose kits, 6 hoses with this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SFS-Silicone-Coolant-Hose-Kit-Honda-NSX_W0QQitemZ290114374885QQihZ019QQcategoryZ43117Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQ cmdZViewItem

mart155
25-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Sudesh, I have often seen these and wondered the same thing as its only 2 hoses.
Guess the only real way to be sure is to ask the seller.

Sudesh
25-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Hi,

I did ask the seller but he was vague with his answer, and said to check the SAMCO website etc for more details, to which I did, but it also is pretty unclear on description.

mart155
26-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Well, if the seller can't be bothered I know what I would do.

DTA-Motorsport
28-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Leave this with me for a few days - I deal with both SFS and Samco on nearly a daily basis. I'll see if I can get a more definitive answer and perhaps a pic or two.

On a side note, I know for a fact that these kits are "special order" items which, in "silicone speak" means you're likely to have to wait between 2~3 months for the product to be available. The way silicone hoses are made is in batches of 25kg raw material - that makes an awful lot of silicone hoses so they would need to have sufficient orders to warrant a production run.

I'll see what I can find out.

Cheerio!

Dan

DTA-Motorsport
05-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Hi all,

I am still awaiting some photographic evidence but SFS has provided me with details of the following two kits they do for the NSX (NA1 ONLY at this point in time).

1. Ancillary Kit - this kit contains a number of smaller bore coolant hoses which replace the rubber hoses in the engine bay. Price: approximately £84 incl. VAT

2. Coolant Kit - this kit contains 6 large bore coolant hoses which run from the radiator in the front to the engine in the back. Price: approximately £225 incl. VAT

Please note that I do not at this point know exactly which hoses are replaced with the ancillary kit nor do I have confirmed retail prices - the above prices are estimates.

I'm hopefully receiving some pictures and actual data on the kits in the next few days.

SFS does not stock these kits but they can be purchased (through me if you like) to order. It will take approximately 3~4 weeks to produce the kits and they can be purchased in Red, Blue, Black or Yellow. Once I know the exact dimensions of the hoses I should be able to supply a fitting kit as well (ie, stainless steel clamps, etc).

I'll keep this thread updated when I receive further information.

Cheers,

Dan

Sudesh
05-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the update and your help on this.

I'm interested in purchasing the Ancillary kit and the stainless clips. Look forwad to seeing what other info you can get on how many hoses are replaced and which ones etc an the final price.

alverman
08-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi Sudesh,

The Samco's are the two main hoses that go in the engine bay.
I used silicone because these hoses flex more than the others due to the engine torque.
I hope this helps.