PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pad upgrade for track

Boomin33
16-03-2008, 07:54 PM
was reading about the last track day & decided to order some new pads.

Any recommendations?

on a more ambitious thought...
* I take it no-one has some R888's sitting around on a set of wheels for a 02+ they want to sell...

WhyOne?
16-03-2008, 08:04 PM
No idea what they are like as track pads (therefore possibly no the most helpful recommendation in the world!!!) but......my car was fitted with 'Green Stuff' pads when I bought it and they are absolutely fine for day to day road pads - work from cold and no squealling.

amo
16-03-2008, 08:20 PM
iv got project mu on mine
iv not been on track yet lol
but have done plenty of hard driving

and they hold up very good no probs yet

thx amo

dan the man
16-03-2008, 09:24 PM
Project MU were awesome for5 me on the ring, in 25 laps never faulted. but did have AP fluid and mugen discs so all works together.

Aggressive dust but what do u expect. most people stay away from greenstuff as ok for boyos but not serious trackactio.n

Boomin33
16-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I'll get a hold of Bazza tomorrow and see if he can get some in the next week.
Project MU on the standard set up sounds about the best I can do for now.

If I can't get those,, I could try the R01 pads that Dixie Brake have advertised... eh?
Which would be better... now that's a question.

--

markc
17-03-2008, 09:29 AM
There are several differant Project MU pads with differant pad materials, which ones are did you have Dan and which ones are going for Boomin?

I currently have the ones described as "Street" by DaliRacing. They've been good for a budget priced pad, lasting 2years and 2 track days (but not many miles). Good fade resistance and none of the squeal that many track orientated pads give in light road use.

I'm just about to buy some more as my rears are just about finished.

EBC don't have a good rep. I tried EBC Greenstuff in my old 993 and they were not good on track, stopped OK but lasted about 5mins!

Cheers

Mark

Senninha
17-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Rob,

I went with the Mu's aswell, bought from Dali. I have the ones he calls street/track. Good from cold for road use and great when warmed up for chasing GT3's :D These are fitted with OEM NSX-R discs, GTX fluid, briaded hoses and over sized cooling ducts.

HTH, regards Paul

There are several differant Project MU pads with differant pad materials, which ones are did you have Dan and which ones are going for Boomin?

I currently have the ones described as "Street" by DaliRacing. They've been good for a budget priced pad, lasting 2years and 2 track days (but not many miles). Good fade resistance and none of the squeal that many track orientated pads give in light road use.

I'm just about to buy some more as my rears are just about finished.

Cheers

Mark

sportyking
17-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Ian, your car was fitted with Project mu pads when you bought it, I wouldn't put Green Stuff on anything more than an ageing hot hatch :) They were great at the ring.

Edit: Much like Dan the pads were complemented by ATE Blue Stuff fluid and Goodridge Braided hoses all round!