PDA

View Full Version : New front spoiler - what do you think?

Lankstarr
21-03-2008, 03:43 PM
This hasn't been fitted yet, I was just offering it up to see what it looks like.

It doesn't actually sit any lower than the current splitter but juts out a bit furtyer so will probably be a bit more susceptible to scrapes so the question is...

Do I have it fitted and leave it black so scuffs will be invisible

Does it have to be colour coded if it goes on or

Does it look crap and I should flog it to one of you muppets

Thanks

Luke

PS this is for fitting to S5, not H6!

Lankstarr
21-03-2008, 03:49 PM
One of those pics may not be of the spoiler!!

Here's the other one:

amo
21-03-2008, 04:24 PM
id leave it black looks better
mmmmmmmm
nice

thx amo

Lankstarr
21-03-2008, 04:41 PM
For me if its going on its got to be painted red but iam really curious from your photo....when I used to go fishing with my dad down the river we always used a rod ?

I was thinking that but it will look awful as soon as it hits something, just how careful can I be!?

I know that guy on there looks old enough to be my dad, but he's only 27!! The poor old man lost all of his hair!

L*

Senninha
21-03-2008, 05:31 PM
There is a reason that splitters are sometimes referred to as spoilers ...

That said, if you leave it black then get an NSX-R rear to balance the overall look of the car. If you paint it, be prepared to slow down a LOT when approaching any type of ramp

Personally, OEM does what it was designed to do. On its own I think this looks wrong, buit would work better with oversize rims and the rr splr

So unless you're expecting a lot of snow down your way I say sell it

regards, Paul

(PS, so Simon is on 27 then?? :laugh: )

mutley
21-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Hmmm, I think it may look better painted, maybe some one can photoshop it and see how it would look?? And maybe it if was CF I'd leave it black!

Jim

jaytip
21-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Is it a Wings West lip? it looks like it.If so,you can paint it and it will be ok because it is polyurathane(sp?) and has a fair bit of flexability to it.I had the Wings West kit on my first NSX and other than scrapes underneath the lip there was no problem.
HTH

kowalski
21-03-2008, 06:00 PM
I agree with Paul, if you going to keep it leave it black as 1 knock and the paint will come off,

I kept my oem but had a carbon wrap tape put over it, the first speed bump i came to and it cracked and came off. I would change mine to a full carbon fibre one but it would be a waste of money as it wouldnt last long.

The OEM one is flexible enough to survive a lot of road use, and still looks good.

leigh

mutley
21-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Jaytip, I think it looks good in that pic but I see it also had the side skirts to match, maybe it would look a little out of place on it's own.

Easy solution Luke, bring it to mattfest with you and well all stand round and scratch our chins looking at your car with and without it!!

Jim

TheSebringOne
21-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Luke, doesn't matter how careful you are & with the law of averages, you will definately scrape it! If you paint it to match the body, it will get on your nerves when it gets scuffed. Keep it as it is unpainted or better as Paul says go back to oem, it looks lower to me? & the shape is going towards the Fast & the Furious look if you know what I mean! :)

TheQuietOne
21-03-2008, 08:33 PM
we always used a rod ?

Luke's 'implement' is called Ritch actually! :laugh:

Lankstarr
21-03-2008, 10:24 PM
The snow plough as it was named by Matt following receipt doesn't actually sit any lower than the later OEM splitter:eek: it's true I tells ya!

I only ever touch my front lip on one speed bump; if I avoid that I might be OK!

I think it would look better colour coded, but look crap after the first hit unless it caught the underside so wasn't noticeable. I may see if I can fit it in black and see if I get any scrapes... if I don;t it stays and will be coloured red, if I do then I'll put my new OEM splitter on!

This is a wings west copy. It is sold by Dali and called Fins EAst. It was $100 plus shipping etc and as it came over with the big order I thought it had to be worth a punt!

Those pics were only front on, maybe it does look silly without side skirts, I didn;t look!

Funny how I've always liked the look of these spoilers and now I've got one don;t know what to do with it, I think I've just got Paul chanting OEM clouding my judgement!

L*

Silver Surfer
22-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Are these the same splitter/spoiler (pic from another thread)?

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/attachment.php?attachmentid=3446&d=1206189270

SS

Lankstarr
22-03-2008, 03:22 PM
Looks the same yeah.

jaytip
22-03-2008, 04:53 PM
For the guys that are saying the paint will come off,i had this very lip painted on my car and i never had those issues.It did get scrapes underneath the lip(a lot) but it never cracked anywhere on the face of the lip.Now i don't know if the guy who did the spray job was telling my the truth or not(turned out he was full of $h!t with other things)but he said he he put a pruduct in with the paint that makes it flexable,thus eliminating cracking.Would it scrap if you caught it against a kerb while parking? probably yes,but then so would the wheels so caution when parking would be required.
HTH

gumball
22-03-2008, 05:18 PM
It's not that the paint will come off, it's that colour keying the front spoiler (or rear diffuser)looks erm.... salty.

jaytip
22-03-2008, 05:28 PM
It's not that the paint will come off, it's that colour keying the front spoiler (or rear diffuser)looks erm.... salty.
Each to his own i suppose but we are not talking about the factory lip here,it's a part that is designed to be painted.

AR
24-03-2008, 11:39 PM
Paint it mate it will look better.

Kevin
25-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Paint the car black to match the spolier. Black is the better colour, and you car could do with a few more layers of paint.:)

Seriously though, paint it and drive carefully. Have the flexible stuff put in the paint, probably the same stuff that's used for plastic bumpers. Also get plenty of anti-stone chip primer put on.

AR
26-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Have the flexible stuff put in the paint, probably the same stuff that's used for plastic bumpers. Also get plenty of anti-stone chip primer put on.

How about some stoneshield membrane?

Silver Surfer
27-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi, This post of mine is very knowledgable and may enhance the information of the viewers , however I would like some specific information for myself. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,

Who is this???
moderator.................! :no:

SS

AR
27-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Same knob posted the message on Prime, so it must be someone fishing.

amo
27-03-2008, 01:13 PM
lol
lol
help me help me
plsssssssssss

thx amo