PDA

View Full Version : In search of perfection.........

senna786
05-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Well since selling the NSX last year, I've been pondering over what to get to satisfy my needs..... Needs?
Well not so much needs, Otherwise i would be driving an RS4 or something similar as it would tick all the boxes for work and private life....
My needs are all about purity and the peak of race engineering perfection. And there are very few cars that fit into this category in my view and more importantly within my budget.

I've been looking for a special weekend car for over 6 months now. Really want something a little more prestige, so have been looking at a range of options like like an SL55 AMG; 993 turbo; 996 turbo and even a gallardo or 360 (always been a ferrari fan) but just couldn't decide.

i guess I'm always in search of race engineering perfection and the NSX had it all for me. However, I think Honda have lost their way in recent years and I don't think they will be in the running for a 'best of breed' for many years to come. From what I read, I don't think the new NSX will be anything like a 'pursit' work of engineering.

So on Wednesday, when Nissan UK officially started taking orders, I popped down to my nearest approved Nissan High Performance Centre and placed a deposit on the new Nissan GT-R.. I opted for the Black Edition in Kuro black. I have been told conformation of delivery date will be given by the end of April and it's looking like March/April 09 at the earliest.... So a long long wait.
Hopefully I won't be disaapointed and from what I read of it, it will tick all my boxes and much more :-).
My needs of engineering perfection will be here again... just a pitty it's not a Honda badge i'm saying that about...

gumball
05-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Congrats, a beautiful car, dispite what some visually impaired people might say.
Some of the second hand grey import GT-Rs may look quite tempting in the meantime?

TheSebringOne
06-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Congrats, but special about the black edition when you've brought a black one? Is it the spec or equipment level?