PDA

View Full Version : The Fenn's race NSX

markc
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Is currently in quite a state of disassembly while it awaits some serious body, chassis and electronic enhancements. See here...

http://www.projectnsx.co.uk/nsx-blog.htm

The NSX certainly knows "How to Look Good Naked" :)

Sadly Rob no longer actively posts here on the progress of their NSX but you can still follow it on their website.

I'm going to keep a eye out for when they next plan to race the car and will try to get to the event.
Perhaps it could be the basis for a mini meet where we show our support for them at the same time? :)

Mark

simonprelude
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I won't give too much else away, but we are aiming for 1100kg and hopefully some throttle bodies will see us surpassing 350kg, so it should fly too! Below are some pictures of the NSX's current state.

350bhp I guess, will be some going and nice to finally see one on ITB's.

The race was an Invitation Endurance. Click on the thumbnail and you will see the varied amount of exotics cars that entered. You may not think the old DB4s are fast, but weighing little over a ton and with 380bhp they certainly shift! One was driven by BTCC ace Phil Bennett.

I'll say :)

Senninha
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
According to Plans the new panel work is being finished in Japan for export at the end of the month. My understanding is that it will be a combo of FRP an Cf initially. There are also plans to make some moulds for panel replication here in the future.

rkanaga
10-04-2008, 07:30 AM
I saw it in the flesh after picking up my NSX following its annual service (thanks to Plans for great service esp in getting a flex pipe sent over from Dali saving a few ££'s on the UK price by the way). It's hard to imagine how naked a car can get without the panels on but it's nice to see some of the really nice engineering stripped bare. Sounds like it's going to be a beast of a car once finished!

(Tempting my brand loyalty however was a 996GT3 I think being revved next door and sounding just brutal!)

TheSebringOne
14-04-2008, 12:35 AM
Thats some serious dieting & performance mods! :eek: Strangely its too naked now & not sexy anymore without the body panels! :D 1100 kg & 350ish bhp, now that will be a proper tracking machine!

Rob_Fenn
14-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for showing interest in the car. I really need to update the website with more info (and fix typos!) which i will be getting onto next month once work settles down.

In the meantime i gave up my quest for another NSX as a daily car and instead have defected to a BMW M3 CSL for now. My dad has been busy too and has bought a Lotus Exige which we are racing at the weekend in the Snetterton Britcar round.

The NSX project is as much frustrating as it is exciting. We are currently awaiting some body parts to be manufactured and others shipped. This particular kit was a limited edition in carbon so we have the added annoyance of having to use the general fibreglass bodykit as a template to do a carbon near copy here in the UK.

As has been mentioned, we are investigating throttle body setups to get closer to 350bhp. We are also pushing hard to get close to 1000kg, Andy at Plans is even talking about dipping just below!

Realistically the car won't be ready till later in the year, but i will be sure to keep you informed with what we're up to.

Cheers,

Rob

dan the man
14-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Rob your my dream.

Racecar NSX and CSL for the road.. the runaround for god sake! Standard indutcion on a csl is great u must agree. Interior carbon panels too are so luurvely.

Well done with the X, sounds like a small fortune but man it sounds worth it :)

NSX 2000
14-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Rob good to hear from you again, I saw your car at plans back in feb and she was looking a bit naked then! and if you can afford to run around in an M3 CSL you could of bought my NSX!
All the best Paul.

Rob_Fenn
15-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Paul, I only heard about your car that i heard Graham was thinking of buying it himself! So i kind of left it to him, but presumably he's decided otherwise now... Shame, would have liked to of checked your car out.

The CSL does have make a brilliant noise Dan, and overall a very nice all rounder . Only annoyance is the slightly dead steering, and of the course that i'm now a 'BMW driver'. Will see how it performs at Brands tomorrow, then i will have to think about another trip to the 'Ring!

Kind Regards,

Rob