PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Wheels

jaytip
14-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I'm thinking of sending my two rear wheels off to WW to get the curb rash repaired on them.My question is,do you think they can be repaired and still match the fronts? or would i need to get the four done?. There is nothing wrong with the front wheels so i don't want to waste money having those done as well,but i also don't want different shades of wheels on the car.

Cheers,

Ivor.

Senninha
14-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Ivor,

I dont know how much attention the rims need, but might it be easier to have one of the mobile repair companies come to you and do the minor refresh work to your rims rather than paint the whole wheel?

If not an option, then I would hope they can match the centre caps (which wouldnt need painting) so f to r match should be as per OEM.

regards, Paul

Ewan
15-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Ivor - I've used WW's mobile service a couple of times on different cars before, and they always did a good job - even knowing where the previous damage was, it was invisible to me.

I managed to badly kerb the front wheel of my Maserati a few years ago - it had those mulit-spoke outwardly-dished wheels (http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/MediaNav/styleId=100369957/firstNav=Gallery/photoId=6849) which got really mashed on a high and abrasive kerb. I think the WW guys took the wheels off to grind out the damage, then fill in and paint the wheel.

More light damage they can do with the wheel still on the vehicle.

cheers
Ewan

TheSebringOne
15-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I rate WW highly as they have been used by a few members here to great effect. Great they are mobile now & national as used to be based down on the South coast. Paul & James (Papa) can verify? HTH

Papalazarou
15-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I though WW were very good. When I clipped one of my polished rims on lane debris they repaired it so well I couldn't see the repair.
They also did the wheels from my last car (N7 NSX where are you?) and they looked great, no runs no colour deviations etc. However, they hate putting the H transfers on the wheel caps.

I would definately recommend.

Cheers,

James.

jaytip
15-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Ok, i took a few photos of the offending wheels today.Those of you who have had rim repair done,could you enlighten me as to whether i would be ok for a mobile or to send the wheels off.
cheers,

Ivor.

P.S excuse the dirty rims :redface:

NSXGB
15-04-2008, 06:29 PM
I would suggest sending them the wheels...

Ewan
15-04-2008, 07:03 PM
If they do mobile coverage, they should be willing to come out to see the car and tell you whether they could do it mobile, and how much it would cost. They did that for my A8 (with it's monster 20" multi-spoke affairs), gave me a quote, then I booked a day for them to come out to my house and the wheel was spiffing again in a couple of hours. All they need is a power connection and enough room to park their LWB van.

I think WW is a franchise operation though; it might be worth trying to find out if they have good recommendations in your manor. The guys in Berkshire were very good.

E

TheSebringOne
15-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Yes I think they are a franchised too now & are the largest reputable alloy refurbed company in the UK. They may have to deflate it and push back the beading of the tyre to do proper job if needed. Best check with their reps in your area.

NSXGB
15-04-2008, 07:43 PM
....yeah, but, no, but......it only costs a little bit more to have the whole wheel bead blasted and refinished from scratch....got to be a better job.

They quoted me £40 ish to touch in the wheel and only £55 to fully refurb. I'm lucky that they are only round the corner from me....

jaytip
16-04-2008, 04:35 AM
....yeah, but, no, but......it only costs a little bit more to have the whole wheel bead blasted and refinished from scratch....got to be a better job.

They quoted me £40 ish to touch in the wheel and only £55 to fully refurb. I'm lucky that they are only round the corner from me....
But what i'm worried about with a full wheel refurb,is colour matching.I don't want to put them back on the car only to see they don't match the fronts :no:

NSXGB
16-04-2008, 09:36 AM
I see what you are saying, but if they can match the colour when touching up a small area, I'd hope they could match the colour for the whole refurb??