PDA

View Full Version : Busted Key Fob...

Milkybar
22-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi guys,

The battery in my key fob was running low, so eventually I replaced the battery :-) which worked fine for a few days. However, now only the lock button works. The good news is that my NSX is nicely tucked up safe and sound at my house but unfortunately I cant drive it anywhere.

Problem being I can't drive it to Honda to get a new key fob coded to it.

Aaarrgghhhh...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Thomas

Sorry should probably mention that it is a UK spec 91 with OEM key fob alarm and imobiliser.

NSX 2000
22-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Why can't you drive it? You still have the key to lock and unlock the car right?
Confused???
Paul.

Sudesh
22-04-2008, 09:40 PM
Why can't you drive it? You still have the key to lock and unlock the car right?
Confused???
Paul.

X2??? Why cant it driven?

Milkybar
22-04-2008, 09:58 PM
It's still imobilised

Silver Surfer
22-04-2008, 10:10 PM
Use your spare key fob! ;)

SS

Milkybar
22-04-2008, 10:15 PM
I only have one key fob

NSXGB
23-04-2008, 04:47 AM
I take it the remote is a Honda OEM job??

If so, take a look at this:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/download/pdf_article/keyless-remote-manual.pdf

I did not read it all but it mentions keyless remote programming at the top of the pdf....

NSX 2000
23-04-2008, 07:50 AM
It's still imobilised

There should be away of turning off the imobiliser by flicking a hidden switch somewhere?
Do you have breakdown cover? if so they will tow it for you, or find someone who does.
Contact your local car audio/alarm people and they might have some suggestions.
HTH
Paul

simonprelude
23-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Open the fob up and check the soldering on the PCB, I keep having to resolder my clifford ones up (not on the NSX though)

Milkybar
23-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I take it the remote is a Honda OEM job??

If so, take a look at this:
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/download/pdf_article/keyless-remote-manual.pdf

I did not read it all but it mentions keyless remote programming at the top of the pdf....

Thanks for that, I don't seem to be able to find my keyfob in there though, I have attached a pic below, it is a UK car with UK key fob.

Does anyone know of how I can code a new keyfob myself?

Steveycaz
23-04-2008, 01:48 PM
sorry - slightly off-topic but I didn't think the '91 had a remote locking device or immobiliser. Was it an option?

BTW I have a 'McFly' keyfob if that helps!

NSXGB
23-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know of how I can code a new keyfob myself?

Each manufacturer will have a different way of reprogramming the keyfob. I gues your first task is to identify which flavour immobiliser has been fitted to your car....If it's not Honda OEM (have you looked under the seat for the control box to confirm?), I would take the fob to your local car stereo \ alarm fitters who will identify it and possibly tell you or do it for you....