PDA

View Full Version : Is this accumulator failure?

Midnight Blue
28-04-2008, 01:03 PM
I have just returned to my car after a month away and the ABS light has come on.
The pump ran for the full 2 mins and then automatically cut off and triggerred the light.
I Hoped it was a stuck solenoid and knocked up some leads quickly to exercise them but whilst they all respond and click away, only the first one exercised foamed back any fluid and now, whilst the pump runs on demand, (fairly noisily), there seems to be no system pressure building. My first thought is that maybe the accumulator diaphragm has failed whilst sitting for a month and the nitrogen pre-charge has gone. No compressable gas, no pressure build up!

Anybody got any advice or suggestion.

Can't take it to the Honda dealer, there is only one in the country and they refuse to go near it as they didn't supply it.

Cheers,

Andy

TheSebringOne
30-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry only one Honda dealer in your country, where are you if you do not mind me asking? :)

Midnight Blue
30-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Brunei.......where the bleep is that?
Go to Singapore and keep going for 800 miles and you are here.

The car is an import from UK and Happy Motors, (really, that's the Honda dealer) won't go near it. Actually, I have had standard Honda's before and if my experiences with them are anything to go by, you probably wouldn't want them to touch your car even if they were willing!

Cheers,

Andy