PDA

View Full Version : Pm Scam Beware

Lankstarr
14-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Noel has posted a pm he received from Raymond and I have had two similar messages. I respect pm privacy but being a cautious fellow and knowing how many nsxs there are for sale on here I would like to potentially warn people about this!

IF he is a genuine buyer then fair enough but he was offering payment by certified cheque which smelt of scam to me.

Please beware and post here if you have also received offers of purchase via pm from Muca:

Hello

I am interested in buying the 98 3.2 Red/Black that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,

Raymond Griffiths

Should you need to reply to me, Please get back in touch with your
details to me at:usc85@yahoo.com for a quick reply.

Luke

NoelWatson
14-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Raymond has popped up on other sites

http://www.clubgti.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155845

see #6

AR
14-05-2008, 07:25 AM
I too received one of such PM.

Boomin33
14-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Yep, offered to buy my Rx7. I told him I sold it on ebay last night

NSX 2000
14-05-2008, 07:38 AM
My PM

Hello

I am interested in buying the set of Michelin Pilot Sport Tyres that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

As for the payment, I would need you to get back in touch with the last asking price as I will be paying with a certified cheque.

Lastly, please forward to me your full company's (or house address, telephone and fax) details as I will subsequently prefer reaching you through these facilities.

Yours interestingly,

Raymond Griffiths

The funny thing is, in my post I don't ask for money!

Paul.

NSXGB
14-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Same here...

Hello

I am interested in buying the Sparco steering wheel hub + spacer that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

Yours interestingly,

Raymond Griffiths

Sudesh
14-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Yeah I too got the same mail. Although who ever is doing it, must be pretty stupid as my pm was about the "Charlotte Green" NSX I have forsale??????

What charlotte green NSX LOL!!!

amo
14-05-2008, 11:47 AM
well theres mine lol

Hello

I am interested in buying the centre consol + ashtry that you have placed for sell now, and I would want to enquire about the present condition of the above mentioned, as well as some detail about you. I expect this timely enough.

Yours interestingly,

Raymond Griffiths

gsuds
14-05-2008, 03:53 PM
The English is fairly weird, usually (but not always!) a bit of a giveaway....:rolleyes:

A bit like the GoogleAds spam which is full of typos & punctuation errors!

Graham

jaytip
14-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Yep,i had one as well for my mountain bike which i clearly stated is now sold.

Papalazarou
14-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Damn, I never get spam on this site, except for the replies to my posts, I guess a lot of those might be considered spam;-)

Cheers,

James.

Senninha
14-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Two pm's here too

Mods, please delete user from the site ASAP ... or invite him to bring all his cash on Saturday and I'm sure we can help him spend it on all the cars that are for sale:laugh: