PDA

View Full Version : Help fitting Dali Round Coolant Tank Please.

WhyOne?
06-06-2008, 05:38 PM
I have just received a round Dali coolant tank to replace the OEM Tupperware version. (Fantastic, fast friendly service from Mark by the way).

However, having looked at the OEM tank in-situ vs. the Dali round tank I notice there are some mounting differences - the Dali tank mounts using the 2 rear bolts. The OEM tank has 3 mount points, and more confusingly (for technically challenged me) a mounting point on top which supports a hose.

Would someone be good enough to post a couple of pictures of their tank installed please?

Thanks in advance.
:)

kowalski
06-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Hi Ian,

PM me your mobile number and i will send you a couple of pics, just taken some on my phone.

It only mounts on 2 bolts, the hose clipped to the top on the old one sits loose next to the new tank, it doesnt move.

Or if your close by pop round and i'll fit it for you

leigh

WhyOne?
06-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi Leigh, thanks, you have PM

kowalski
06-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Replied!

leigh

WhyOne?
08-06-2008, 10:13 AM
All done and dusted now - thanks for the words of advice and photo's Leigh.

Not a difficult job at all (it took ham-fisted me about an hour...I am sure someone who knows one end of a screwdriver from another could do it in significantly less time).

In the photos below I show 1/ before, 2/ syphoning coolant out of Tupperware tank, 3/ the two additional brackets on the OEM tank support, to the upper left of the picture a hose, which I have left 'floating - it seems to support itself quite happily, and to the rear right of the photo, above the yellow tag, a grey electrical block - I have attached this to the rear bulkhead with a nylon tie. 4/ & 5/ - Finished!

:)

kowalski
08-06-2008, 10:26 AM
No Problem Ian

Looks like you did a good job, makes a big improvement to the engine bay!

leigh

TheSebringOne
08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Looks great & matches the cam covers nicely! :thumbsup:

nigel
10-06-2008, 01:27 AM
That tanks looks the business. Nice job. I like how the colour matches the cam covers as previously mentioned. I may have to get rid of my Tupperware one before it fails and get one like yours.
At the risk of being thick, where's your rear shock tower brace bar? Doesn't one come fitted on the UK version Hondas or is that just on the US Acuras? It seems where your bar should bolt on with the four 8mm bolts, there are just short brackets, the one on the r/s holding fuel lines or something.

Cheers
nigel

jaytip
10-06-2008, 01:37 AM
That tanks looks the business. Nice job. I like how the colour matches the cam covers as previously mentioned. I may have to get rid of my Tupperware one before it fails and get one like yours.
At the risk of being thick, where's your rear shock tower brace bar? Doesn't one come fitted on the UK version Hondas or is that just on the US Acuras? It seems where your bar should bolt on with the four 8mm bolts, there are just short brackets, the one on the r/s holding fuel lines or something.

Cheers
nigel
Are you talking about the strut bar? If so,then later models (in the UK anyway) don't have them.

Cheers,

Ivor.

WhyOne?
10-06-2008, 04:50 AM
Are you talking about the strut bar? If so,then later models (in the UK anyway) don't have them.

Phew - thanks Ivor!

Thank heavens for that........I thought something had dropped off!

nigel
10-06-2008, 04:43 PM
ALL years in the U.S. have them. The Targas have one that's shaped like a big flat triangle that connects the forward engine compartment wall to the two shock towers as well.
Y1, thanks for taking a piss but I had to ask.
The U.K. cars seem to get better bits and leave off the unnecessary rubbish.
The only time you'd really feel the difference is if you were going all out on the track and maybe feel the rear suspension feel a little mushy.
I did notice an instant difference when I installed the Type-R bars in the front though. The steering got sharper and felt quicker and more precise.

Cheers
nigel