PDA

View Full Version : can you adjust the head light?

josewick
27-06-2008, 01:59 PM
is it possible? one side of mine is blinding the on coming traffic :)

And I am thinking about putting some HID kits in it.. I found them at £ 79.99 a set with 12 months warranty... :) That will do just fine

Senninha
27-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Apologies for gatecrashing, but on the subject of adjustment ....

How do I stop / reduce the 'flicker' as I noticed the other night that my OS lamp is not stable like the NS

Thanx

forumadmin
27-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Yes you can adjust the lights. Refer to the owners manual. There are two holes (slots) in the plastic headlight cover. With a reasonable sized phillips inserted engage the gear wheels inside and the lights can move up and down left and right. It's a fiddly job that takes practice.

forumadmin
27-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Some have found that the mounting bolts under the light needs tightening up.

How do I stop / reduce the 'flicker' as I noticed the other night that my OS lamp is not stable like the NS

Thanx

britlude
27-06-2008, 04:28 PM
yup, the light aim can be adjusted, page 23-118 of the manual

and there's 3 stoppers, 2 at the top for the 'up' limit, and a lower one for the down position. the upper ones have caps which might be missing letting the pop-up housing rattle (page 23-183)

can you guess i have my manual to hand??? lol

markc
27-06-2008, 06:47 PM

Thanx

Said "flicker" is a left to right wobble of the headlamp frame. You'll need to remove the plastic headlamp covers (2 screws on each side of each headlamp, only visible when lamps are popped up) to see this and get at the mounting bolts.

As Kevin said, tightening the mounting bolts may help as might losening them all and very slightly repositioning the frame before retightening the mounting bolts.

Mark

Senninha
27-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Many Thanx Gents,

Something to play with when I get some spare time then ... :rolleyes:

regards, Paul

Lankstarr
27-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Asthetics wise I think that HiDs are the best mod for the NSX -- get some side lights as well and it'll look awesome;)

L*