simonprelude
30-06-2008, 05:10 PM
$680,000 Finance
or
$728,000 Cash

??

Boomin33
30-06-2008, 05:44 PM
What's it doing with a motec ECU in it? about £3500 worth of kit & install.

What do ITB's actually do for the NSX... other than look the business?

Senninha
30-06-2008, 05:46 PM
What do ITB's actually do for the NSX... other than look the business?

Suck in a load of c**p to knacker your engine (on a street car) and reduce power through heat soak!

Boomin33
30-06-2008, 05:50 PM
well, in that case, better have 2

simonprelude
30-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Or if you get it tuned right (hence the motek) a lot of smiles.

I ran a DC2 with open ITB's for a while, no issues on that.

The usual way to tune ITB's looks at mid range gains, ie the area under the curve rather than overall power.

Suck in a load of c**p to knacker your engine (on a street car) and reduce power through heat soak!

markc
30-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Damn that's a fine looking car :)

Shame they binned the lovely remote reservoir Showa shocks for the Tein stuff for the sake of a lower ride height.

Sorry Paul, ITB's will give you more accurate fueling and when set-up right more power everywhere! They should still have some form of airbox and filter tho' or as you say they'll suck in hot dirty air.
Rob, the Motec ECU will run the ignition and fuel program.

All their prices are more expensive for cash. I can only think that they will sell on the finance and are being honest that they make commission for doing so?

Cheers

Mark

TheSebringOne
30-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Great looking car and nice to know they have NSXs in HK! :) May be the price seems high, but it only has 3441 kms on the clock or approx 2000 miles! RHD too as ex British colony, looks like new, ie seats, looked after as new Yokos tyres (2nd set?) etc. I wander how difficult it would be to verify the mileage? I could check the car out when I'm in HK in October-ish, but probably be sold then! :D

dan the man
01-07-2008, 06:16 AM
OMG what a car with good mods.

GOOD WHEELS
GOOD TIRES
GOOD TBS
GOOD ECU

GOOD bank balance- damn mine aint :(

gold volks work so well on that

Boomin33
01-07-2008, 07:25 AM
I've been to dealerships before that have raised the asking price when I talked about cash purchase. "That price is with a minimum 2 year finance deal"

quite often manufacturers will lower the price based on the fact they do in-house financing and make up there margin there.

The finance business manager at Chiswick spent 20 minutes trying to sell the benefits of going the finance route before he gave up on me. Like any salesman He was on commission.

Lankstarr
06-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Wrong rear lights, wrong centre armrest and lots of wear on the sill plate.

I don;t see how that car could have only done 2k miles!?

L*

Lankstarr
06-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Also, an S Zero would have understandable come with no stereo ... but surely not just a big hole in the dash:eek:?

Luke

jaytip
06-07-2008, 04:57 PM

L*
The centre armrest is correct.For some reason they didn't change it on the type-S/S-Zero.

AR
06-07-2008, 05:19 PM

L*

Either a rich collector or I will be more inclined to believe it had one of these:

http://www.motec.com.au/sdl.htm

Cheers,

Ary

markc
06-07-2008, 09:37 PM

The rear lights have just been updated to 02+. I think that is the correct armrest, it's the same as mine. It has the coin tray ahead of the armrest instead of the switch panel because, being an S Zero, it doesn't need foglight switches and aerial retract button.

The factory stereo blanking plate just hides the space where the radio was and it is missing. The gearknob and gator are from a later NSX-R but you can tell it's (probably) a genuine S Zero because the cruise control switch is blanked off.

You can't tell from those pics but it shouldn't have a rear wing aerial at all.

Cheers

Mark

VanceHu
25-07-2008, 10:37 AM
ITB on a OBDII car, that's very interesting. I wonder if the owner had old style cable throttle put in or there is a way to tune ITB DBW.

osiris_x11
25-07-2008, 05:56 PM
All I want is the Type_S seats & Type_S-Zero suspension, and I'd be a happy-camper! :D

I already have the Type_S suspension, but the 'Zero' version is much more aggressive yet still civil.

markc
25-07-2008, 09:38 PM
According to my JDM brochures...

The Type S Zero uses the same spring rates as the NA1 NSX-R.
The Type S Zero keeps the same roll (sway) bars as the Type S ie standard NSX front (18.3mm) and thicker rear (19.1mm) while the NA1 NSX-R had a thicker front (21.1mm) and standard (17.5mm) rear.

I've attached a table of most of the variations...

Cheers

Mark

osiris_x11
26-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Well I like the external-reservoir for the oil in the dampeners/shocks on the Type_S-Zero, which I don't have on my '99 Zanardi-edition NSX / JDM Type_S NSX suspension! :D

(total poseur comment, I know... ha!)

markc
31-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Well I like the external-reservoir for the oil in the dampeners/shocks on the Type_S-Zero, which I don't have on my '99 Zanardi-edition NSX / JDM Type_S NSX suspension! :D

(total poseur comment, I know... ha!)

Yes, they look the same as the NSX-R ones and they look like they should be better even if they're not :)

I'm not saying they're not better but are valved to match the stiffer again S-Zero springs. I suspect they're almost exactly, if not exactly exactly the same as NA1 NSX-R springs and dampers?

Which begs the question why didn't they change the front roll/sway bar as well? In theory a stiffer front roll bar will increase understeer (push), which Performance Car Magazine review of October 1995 found on track, so the S-Zero should be more neutral or even slightly oversteer'y (loose). Having said that that the 2002 NSX-R went with an even stiffer front roll bar, albeit with stiffer again springs all round.

Cheers

Mark

simonprelude
09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Still so tempted.............

Anyone want to buy mine :)