PDA

View Full Version : need info asap any1 pls

amo
25-07-2008, 09:22 PM
as some of you will remember iv been asked to show my car at Athens Tuning Show 17th- 21st sept

ok they have a company to pick my car up from essex and they want it on the 9th sep as its a closed trailler and going by road.
http://www.ajexhibitions.com

athens tuning show people
are also are asking for
1. car number plate or chassis number
2. all registration papers for the car
3. insurance whom with and for how much

they need all this by the 1st aug

i need to know when a car is being trailered overseas do i need to send these papers as well to can i send copies
all help needed
thx amo

eclipse1501
25-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Here in Spain for example if you carry only photo copies of your docs those copies have to be authenticated and the copies themselves then officially stamped by the Traffic Dept. Depending on what borders your crossing maybe better to send originals if its a trusted carrier and you can keep duplicates yourself which can easily be replaced in the event. Its only liable to be police or customs who want to inspect them so your not going to be "cloned".

Senninha
26-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Amo,

The fact you've raised this suggests you are uncomfortable. I have to say that I would be less than comfortable about supplier all the docs etc with the car.

I understand what Eclipse says about docs to travel the borders, but would need to satisfy myself that this is actually required.

How did you receive the original request to show the car? Can you verify its origination?

Hope this is some help

regards, Paul

mutley
27-07-2008, 07:46 AM
As far as I can see showing/verifying the docs s one thing, but sending ALL with the car? I don;t think I'd be very comfortable with that either, unless I was traveling with it.

They may be legit, but I dont think I would d it unless there was some sort of security left behind.

HTH

Jim

eclipse1501
27-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Its not an option it is mandatory to have docs available on cross border journeys and there is no risk with reputable carriers who are well insured. In fact I was having breakfast the other morning on the coast and got talking to a container lorry driver who showed me a Bentley Continental and a Ferrari he had onboard. On a related note however there were quite a few cases here in Spain were high end foreign plated sports cars like Mercedes and BMWs were impounded by the authorities on loose hashed up charges like not having documents in the car - only later to turn up at "rigged" auctions were families and friends of several high ranking Guardia Civil officers bought the cars for next to nothing. A big case went to court in the last 12 months were a load of coppers were charged with rigging the impounds then failing to return cars to rightful owners, only to later sell them onto friends and family. :eek:

amo
28-07-2008, 05:06 PM
thx for the answers ppl
ok spoke to sumo power and they also use the same firm to send there car over
and its a customs thing needed across borders

so will be sending copies with the car and over to grease

thx amo

mutley
28-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Amo, it does all sound pretty legit, i'd still want a lot in writting though, just incase it does go horribly wrong, insurance details, what is and isn't covered etc.

Good luck

Jim