PDA

View Full Version : Part number needed please

Silver Surfer
05-08-2008, 07:51 PM
I am installing the boot spoiler brake light but I am missing the cable that connects from the socket on the passenger side engine bay rear, which feeds through the car panel hole, hanging free into the front part of the boot-lid and then travels inside the boot lid and into the bootlid spoiler!

Any body know the part number of this cable as the f88kwits at my local Honda garage are incapable to identify the part on their 'puter!

SS

simonprelude
05-08-2008, 11:18 PM
I'll have a look in the morning if no one else does in the mean time.

Silver Surfer
06-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Thanks Simon :thumbsup:

SS

Sudesh
06-08-2008, 05:03 PM
I had a look for that cable today but couldnt find it either. I also called into friends of mine that own a Honda Dealership and together we couldnt find it on there system???

So I decided to have a look at my own car, as my car is a JDM car the boot spoiler brake light was standard fitment, I took a look at the cable but there was no marking's or part code or anything like that. I did however notice that the cable must come in 2 peices.

1 Runs from the boot brake lights to the bottom of the boot where it pops through a recessed rubbed.

2 From the recessed rubber through the panel hole and into a socket.

HERE ARE SOME PICS:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01708.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01709.jpg

In these pics I removed the brake light cable that's attaced to the boot strut, and peeled off the insulating tape to reveal 2 wires, one green/white the other Black.

These wires just had simple male female push plugs that connected the boot wire to the wire that runs into the engine bay.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01711.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01710.jpg

Silver Surfer
06-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks Sudesh,

I need both of the cables you descibed. My spoiler brake light already has a short cable attached which runs from the light to approx to the passenger side spoiler tower/leg. It seems from what you have shown, I still need 2 cables to attach and reach the engine bay socket.

I have also seen a fancy OEM plasic cap that fit and attaches to the cable to the boot lid strut unlike the simple plastic refuse sack fasteners I see in your picture.

SS

Sudesh
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
No problem!!

The cable ties were already used on my cable but would be interested in seeing the plastic cap you mentioned.

Another option, which I actually done to one of my old UK NSX 's back in the day was, make up the cable myself. As there is only 2 wires involved anyway and its all color coded it quite a simple job, just involves doing away with the original sockets and using similar connectors as whats shown in the 2nd and 3rd pics.

nigel
06-08-2008, 11:56 PM
S.S. If you still can't find the part number give Ray Laks Acura in New York a ring,
1-888-RAY-LAKS / 1-716-729-5257
Ask for Tim as he is a whiz at finding these sort of things out. He takes them as a mission.
Update; JR, of Ray Laks has moved on to their motorbike division but they still have the best support and service/prices here in the states.
If you need help let me know and i'll give it a go.

Cheers
nigel

simonprelude
07-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Well I have searched the EPG also and have had no luck, sorry :(

Silver Surfer
07-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Nigel,

Can you enquire with JR for me?
Much appreciated. If you can PM me the cost etc if possible.:thumbsup:

SS

S.S. If you still can't find the part number give Ray Laks Acura in New York a ring,
1-888-RAY-LAKS / 1-716-729-5257
Ask for Tim as he is a whiz at finding these sort of things out. He takes them as a mission.
Update; JR, of Ray Laks has moved on to their motorbike division but they still have the best support and service/prices here in the states.
If you need help let me know and i'll give it a go.

Cheers
nigel

nigel
07-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Here is the page Tim sent me. Let me know.

Cheers
nigel

Silver Surfer
07-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Its a sub wire and it is for the tail gate but I am not sure from the picture that this is the one.

Any other sugestions otherwise it will be Maplins and a pair of wire cutter job. :(

SS

Sudesh
08-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Number 8 on this parts pic looks quite close. Reason being is that when I looked at my cable a few days ago I remeber it connected to the engine bay socket and then, the engine bay cable paired up with another cable and went down to a black box. I'll take another look at my car later just to compare again and take some pics for you.

The part is just named: "Wire,Tailgate" Part number: 32109-SL0-000

Heres the parts pic:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/13SL00_004_5.png

Sudesh
08-08-2008, 08:38 AM
This is the tail gate parts pic which just shows the brake light and fitting kit, not cables there either?? This is a hard one!!!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/13SL00_015_7.png

Lankstarr
08-08-2008, 08:51 AM
This website is very good for sourcing part numbers (and making you feel sick at how cheap the parts ar ein the US!)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044092#post1044092

ooops - wrong link; theres a link in that thread to the website I'm on about!

L*

Sudesh
08-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Well after some thinking and looking about, I decided to take out my rear light and there it was!!! The actual part number lol!!

So here you go, The number on the cable is 32106-SL0-0004

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/DSC01727.jpg

Senninha
08-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Well after some thinking and looking about, I decided to take out my rear light and there it was!!! The actual part number lol!!

So here you go, The number on the cable is 32106-SL0-0004

Now thats what you call dedication ... actually taking your own car part when all else fails to deliver results!!

Top Man Sudesh

SS, get that ordered and we are good to go! Any joy with the other item?

regards, Paul

Silver Surfer
08-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Still awaiting reply from my PM to Bazza with the piccies.......:(

Top-man Sudesh....you're a diamond geeza! :thumbsup::bigsmile:

SS

Sudesh
08-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys!! It wasnt a problem and always like to help out best I can.

It was starting to bug me anyway even though I didnt need the part lol!! and the more I looked at the parts page I posted earlier and thought I was right, the more I knew I was wrong as I compared it to my own car and it didnt look correct.

The black box in the parts page is actually the fuse box so sits further up to the fire wall than the box where the brake light wires meet up, and I couldnt make out any seperate part numbers or cables from that point.

But what I did notice was, on my car almost all the cables still have the original part number lables still on, so it just popped into my head that maybe the label was still on the brake light cable somewhere and seeing as I could aleady see the end of the cable, I though I would start at the beginning! At that's exactially where the part number was.

nigel
08-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Top marks Sudesh.
S.S. Can't you get that wire from a breaker?
If not try Tim at Ray Laks. He said he CAN ship to the UK and as before it will be cheaper even with VAT.

Cheers
nigel

Sudesh
09-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I have also seen a fancy OEM plasic cap that fit and attaches to the cable to the boot lid strut
SS

Is this what you seen SS? I got this pic form one of the guys on prime. I'm now trying to get a part number so I can get this for my own car.

http://www.nsx1.com/images/misc/trunk_brake_wire.jpg

Silver Surfer
09-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Yes Sudesh, that's the one.

Let me know as I am keen on one also.

SS

Sudesh
09-08-2008, 10:33 AM
No problem will do!!

Its seems to be turning out like the brake cable, cant find it on the parts list yet. lol

Sudesh
10-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Well I have been looking for a while now for that plastic holder, and I cant get find it on the parts system and I have tried prime and have a thread going there, but no joy yet.

There is a chance that the part number is stamped on the actual part itself, so if another NSX member, with the brake light, doenst mind having a look at their car, and seeing if a part number is on the plastic holder thats attached to the boot strut and letting us know that would be a big help.

If anyone is wondering, this is the part, I've put a red line throught it to show.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/trunk_brake_wire.jpg

Sudesh
13-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I still have had no luck with this part?? I've tried all options and even spent over an hour on the main Honda dealer system today and we couldnt find it.

So only option I can think of now as previously mentioned, is for a member who has the brake light and part to take a look at theirs and see if a part number is on there.

Senninha
13-08-2008, 08:12 PM
........ only option I can think of now as previously mentioned, is for a member who has the brake light and part to take a look at theirs and see if a part number is on there.

Will try and help out as I should have some time on friday

regards, Paul

Sudesh
13-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Will try and help out as I should have some time on friday

regards, Paul

Thanks Paul, if its not much bother it would be a great help. Just hope the part number is on there.

Senninha
14-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Well its a tricky little bu***r to get to but with a bit of persistence I won ... or at least I thought I had but there was no number on it or inside it.

Just a thought, but have you asked Dirk if he has any? I've got a couple of bits coming over so he could pop these in the same box if he has some?

Regards, Paul

Sudesh
14-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks Paul for going to all the trouble and really appreciated.

This little item is turning out to be a right Hens Teeth situation lol!! I havent spoke to Dirk about it yet as, I thought for all that it was, buying it new would only be few pounds at most, but seeing as its proving difficult to get, then that may be an option.

Out of intrest, do you have any pics of the cable holder when you removed it?

Silver Surfer
15-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Just spoke to Honda colchester parts dept. They told me that the part is a complete 'tailgate harness' Number 32106-SL0-000.........no number 4 at the end!!!

I am not sure that this is really the part I need as 'complete harness sounds a bit much as in reality, it is only a cable!

SS

Sudesh
15-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Just spoke to Honda colchester parts dept. They told me that the part is a complete 'tailgate harness' Number 32106-SL0-000.........no number 4 at the end!!!

I am not sure that this is really the part I need as 'complete harness sounds a bit much as in reality, it is only a cable!

SS

SS from what I can see its still the right part, Honda sometimes change and update the parts numbers so I guess they just dropped the "4" over the years on that part number.

It still shows as being the same item and is on the parts system under "WIRE HARNESS" but the sub description is "NO:5 SUB-WIRE, TAILGATE 32106-SL0-000"

A guy on prime also replied to my post about the cable you were after and he also said that he ordered a new brake light cable using the same pat number.

Silver Surfer
15-08-2008, 12:22 PM
£55.84 + vat :(

ss

Sudesh
15-08-2008, 12:30 PM
£55.84 + vat :(

ss

Yeah sounds about right! Expensive for just a piece of cable

Sudesh
15-08-2008, 12:33 PM
SS I may have another solution if you dont mind waiting a few days.

Silver Surfer
15-08-2008, 11:32 PM
What's the plan Sudesh as I was planning to order from Bazza for £41 delivered if there is no joy elsewhere.

SS

SS I may have another solution if you dont mind waiting a few days.

TheSebringOne
16-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Get one on the Dali GB! or make one yourself? :)

Sudesh
16-08-2008, 05:40 PM
What's the plan Sudesh as I was planning to order from Bazza for £41 delivered if there is no joy elsewhere.

SS

Hi,

I was going to make up the cable using OEM parts and send it to FOC.

Silver Surfer
16-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi,

I was going to make up the cable using OEM parts and send it to FOC.

FOC?

AcronymDefinitionFOCFull Operational Capability (DoD acquisition term to depict when a specific activity reaches maturity)FOCFace of CurbFOCFacilities Operations CommitteeFOCFactor of CooperationFOCFactory Outlet CenterFOCFaint Object Camera (Hubble Telescope)FOCFall Off ChairFOCFall Out of ChairFOCFamily of CompaniesFOCFarthest-On CircleFOCFather of Chapel (senior trades union official SOGAT & NGA)FOCFather of ChildFOCFear Of CommitmentFOCFear Of Controlling (air traffic control)FOCFederation Orientation Committee (University of Waterloo, California)FOCFell Off ChairFOCFEMA Operations CenterFOCFerrari Owners ClubFOCFestival of CelebrationFOCFiber Optic CableFOCFiber Optic CommunicationsFOCFiber Optic ComponentFOCFiber Optic ConnectorFOCFiber Optical CharacterizationFOCField Operations CenterFOCField Oriented ControlFOCFin Opener Crank (missile assembly tool)FOCFinal Operational CapabilityFOCFinancial Operations CenterFOCFiring Officer ConsoleFOCFirm Order CommitmentFOCFirm Order ConfirmationFOCFirst Class CW Operator's Club (UK)FOCFirst Office Call (medical appointment)FOCFisheries and Oceans CanadaFOCFlag of ConvenienceFOCFleet Operations CenterFOCFlex-on-CapFOCFlight Operations CenterFOCFlight Operations Committee (IATA)FOCFlux Cutting (welding)FOCFocusFOCFollow-On ContractFOCForce Organization Chart (gaming)FOCForeign Object CheckFOCForeign Operating CompaniesFOCFORSCOM Operations CenterFOCForward Only Conversion (radio control cars)FOCFree Of ChargeFOCFriends of Carlotta (from movie 'Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid')FOCFriends of Colombia (Peace Corps alumni)FOCFriends of CryFOCFriends of the Carpenters (non-profit ministry)FOCFront-Of-CounterFOCFrontal-Occipital CircumferenceFOCFull and Open CompetitionFOCFull Operational ClearanceFOCFurthest-On CircleFOCFuture Operating CapabilityFOCFuture Operational CapabilityFOCFuture Operations CellFOCFuzhou City (China)FOCFail over ClusterFOCForce Output Compare

I will accept your offer and await with patience.

I'll take a picture of the spoiler light connection that I have.

SS

Sudesh
16-08-2008, 10:04 PM
FOC?

I will accept your offer and await with patience.

I'll take a picture of the spoiler light connection that I have.

SS

Not sure what all mad writing is lol! But FOC means, "Free Of Charge" lol

Yeah send me a pic of your spoiler connection and can you send me a pic of engine bay connection to. They are probably the same as mine but best to check first.

Silver Surfer
16-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Will do. :):):)

Just googled FOC and found all definitions of FOC on Wikepedia. LOL

SS

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Spoiler light and short cable.

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 12:26 AM
connection A

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Connection B

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 12:31 AM
connection C engine bay(which can also fits into connection A)

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Effectively, I need a cable with the conection A at both ends which is long enough!

SS

Sudesh
17-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Something is pretty strange here and I think I know the problem now.

It would appear you already have the correct cable! The part number on your cable is the same one on mine and what's on the parts system, also your cable has the rubber grommet that is inserted into the boot lid when the cable is passed down inside the boot lid and out at the bottom, but where it differs, is the plug you have at that end, which makes me believe there is still another cable needed from that point.

I think the cable is ment to be in 2 pieces in the event that, let say something has to be replaced then, it makes removing the boot lid easier as you would just unplug at the boot strut rather that removing the rear engine garnish and unplugging in the engine bay etc if you follow.

On mine the plug that would sit at the strut has been removed and the small 2 pin push connectors have been fitted which in my opinion is NOT OEM and was probably altered by someone.

So here's my thoughts, why dont you install the brake light and fit the cable you have as I'm almost 100% that it will fit perfect and what you should end up with is the plug coming out at the bottom of the boot lid where the rubber grommet fits.

So what you would need from that point is a cable from lower lid to the engine bay which I think is NO:8 on the pic below because, NO:5 is the cable you already have and NO:8 is showing the connection between NO:5 and into the engine bay plug, its the only one that makes sense to me, also the part number is similar 32109-SL0-000 and its descibed as: WIRE, TAILGATE plus the only reason a wire needs to go into the tail gate is for the brake light as there is nothing else thats electric in tail gate.

So what do you think? Hope all that makes sense! lol

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/icongroup/NSX/13SL00_004_5.png

AR
17-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Sudesh mate that picture is enough to make me think of letting the bodyshop take care of the conversion in my car!!!

Sudesh
17-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Sudesh mate that picture is enough to make me think of letting the bodyshop take care of the conversion in my car!!!

What conversion ARY?

AR
17-08-2008, 04:27 PM
What conversion ARY?

02 plus headlights plus other bits.

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Cheers Sudesh

It makes sense!!

I think I will try and make up the cable and change the connectors which I will try and get from Maplins as I don't want to spend £40-50 just for a 2 wire cable which probably cost less than £2-3.

Any idea where I can get another identical connector 'A'??

SS

Sudesh
17-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah your right! Its not worth the money and same thing could be made up for a few pounds. I'm actually checking with my dealer tomorrow to see if the plugs and pins can be purchased seperately, if you can buy them, then an OEM cable could be made up for less that £10!

Out of intrest, on your engine bay plug, whats inside the blanker that has no wire connected to it? Reason I ask is, its the came plug that actually used for the cable, would be interested to see if there is anything inside it!

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Sudesh, I feel your thought process...I'll go and check.

SS

Silver Surfer
17-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Sudesh,

It seems the blanking plug is empty as shown in the photos. I've pulled out the 2 rubber stoppers and it leaves a hole so I can stick a wire in each through to get contact with the receiving 2 pin connectors in the connector 'A'.

I've measured the distance from the passenger spoiler leg to the enginebay connector which is around 120cm (providing a little slack), so may make a cable very much like yours.

SS

Silver Surfer
04-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Job done...£15 in all! (Incliudes crimping tool from Maplins)

SS :)

NSXGB
04-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Sudesh,

It seems the blanking plug is empty as shown in the photos. I've pulled out the 2 rubber stoppers and it leaves a hole so I can stick a wire in each through to get contact with the receiving 2 pin connectors in the connector 'A'.

I've measured the distance from the passenger spoiler leg to the enginebay connector which is around 120cm (providing a little slack), so may make a cable very much like yours.

SS

....exactly what I did....mentioned in a previous thread......

Hagasan
05-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Ok I may be a little late to the party but the part numbers are.......

32106-SLO-0004 for the wiring that runs inside the spoiler.

32106-SLO-0003 for the wiring from the spoiler wiring plug that clips to the bootlid shocker.

This lot then plugs into an orange two pin plug that is part of the loom feeding the rear lights etc. The orange plug may or may not be on your car depending on whether the factory wired the car loom for a spoiler brake light......

Hope this helps

Haga

malc8148
26-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Hi,
Ive been following your thread and want to fit a rear spoiler brake light on my car.
Can you tell me how long the actual light is.....and does the existing spoiler edge have to be cut to fit.
Also where can I obtain a light fitting?
Many thanks
Malc

Sudesh
26-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Nothing on the brake light or spoiler has to be cut, the light is a plug and play option. You can buy it new from Honda as I mentioned in your other thread or you might find it used but pretty hard to get and snapped up quickly when do come forsale here. Best bet would be the US, seen a number of guys selling them there from time to time. But remember US version has brighter plastic.

Hi,
Ive been following your thread and want to fit a rear spoiler brake light on my car.
Can you tell me how long the actual light is.....and does the existing spoiler edge have to be cut to fit.
Also where can I obtain a light fitting?
Many thanks
Malc