PDA

View Full Version : Purple NSX with Kahn alloys

craigdonnelly
11-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I was in Ayr with my girlfriend on saturday when I seen a purple NSX parked at the side of the road. I'm sure I seen it for sale about a year ago. It was modified with side skirts, square exhausts and 17" & 18" kahn alloys. My girlfriend really liked the colour but I like my cars standard.

jaytip
11-08-2008, 12:50 PM
I was in Ayr with my girlfriend on saturday when I seen a purple NSX parked at the side of the road. I'm sure I seen it for sale about a year ago. It was modified with side skirts, square exhausts and 17" & 18" kahn alloys. My girlfriend really liked the colour but I like my cars standard.
.......and i imagine you like your cars straight,unlike this one ;)

simonprelude
11-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Not sure what you're trying to say there..........

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/nsx/nsx_20050417_001.jpg ;)

Silver Surfer
11-08-2008, 02:24 PM
minor scuff...should polish out!

SS

AR
11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Bumps aside I am not a fan of the snowplow WW front lip.

Senninha
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Not sure what you're trying to say there..........

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/nsx/nsx_20050417_001.jpg ;)

maybe that most owners aim for the 'wet' look through polishing techniques rather than hedge and hosepipe :no:

NSXGB
11-08-2008, 05:01 PM
....still like the Khan alloys on the NSX though....

Senninha
11-08-2008, 08:07 PM
....still like the Khan alloys on the NSX though....

Presumably fitted as the OEM rims would of been of little use after this ...(I know its a repost but still makes ya smile at the initial claim then the following lack of ability to even look where he was going!)

1999 Acura NSX 3.2t

Description:
Having just completed a successful 170mph run down a local 3 mile stretch of road I turned onto a much smaller country lane. I turned the traction control off for some stupid reason and was driving along at around 50mph. While accelerating out of a corner the rear of the car stepped out on me and before I could take control I spun 360 degrees in the road, into the grass verge and bounced off a hedge back onto the road.
I discovered the road had wet mud on it, presumably left by a farming vehicle, this had made me lose grip. The car was drivable so I drove it home to inspect the damage.
The 8 mile drive home had melted part of the rear valance as the exhaust pipe has been bent with the impact. The back lights all needed replacing, the tailbar light had a crack right through the middle of it. A large dent in the rear left quarter couldn't be pulled out. Aluminium can't be manipulated as easily as steel.
New spot lights were needed at the front, new exhaust system, new rear bumper, front bumper, nose cone, front wheel arches had light cracks with the impact and needed welding. Total cost of the repair including 80hrs labor was just over £10,000 or $19,000 It doesn't look too bad from the pictures but the cost of NSX parts is ridiculous. With the back lights all needed replacing I used genuine Honda/Acura parts, hence the high cost. No injuries apart from a severely damaged bank balance.

Again proving that anyone can push the loud peddle in a straight line. I did smile when he says that after the accident "I discovered the road had wet mud on it" ... great observation skills :rolleyes:

AR
11-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I think we all have had the greasy patch in our past, so i wont comment on that.

That car was being sold as a straight car at one point well after the crash, so Caveat Emptor!

Cheers,

AR